Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Mar 31, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #22,366 of 48,566
Mar 31, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #22,368 of 48,566
Hahahahaha!!! "Just in case"

Prolly plannin' ahead on some Annies as we speak... lol
wink.gif

What are Annies, precious? *coughs* Gollum, Gollum.

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #22,369 of 48,566
Hahahahaha!!! "Just in case"

Prolly plannin' ahead on some Annies as we speak... lol :wink:

Nah, if im gonna make a purchase of a few hundred dollars, its gonna be the 400i, and/or a good soundbar.

I am lacking in a good open headphone though. :frowning2:

The 400i... I needs it. PRECIOUSSSSSS

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #22,370 of 48,566
Nah, if im gonna make a purchase of a few hundred dollars, its gonna be the 400i, and/or a good soundbar.

I am lacking in a good open headphone though.
frown.gif

The 400i... I needs it. PRECIOUSSSSSS

You won't know till the impressions start rolling 
tongue.gif

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #22,371 of 48,566
Unless Hifiman somehow magically improved the soundstage on their open headphones... I'll be passing.

And... you did say you want first dibs on an adapter "just in case," right? You're getting one, dude. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. You're in denial lol

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #22,372 of 48,566
Unless Hifiman somehow magically improved the soundstage on their open headphones... I'll be passing.

And... you did say you want first dibs on an adapter "just in case," right? You're getting one, dude. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. You're in denial lol

Didn't they improve it somewhat with the 560? I mean that's what I've read...

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #22,373 of 48,566
Didn't they improve it somewhat with the 560? I mean that's what I've read...

If its only "somewhat," I'll definitely be passing...

Sorry, but I'm a soundstage nut when it comes to open headphones :p

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #22,374 of 48,566
I saw an ad for PSB headphones at the side of my screen and investigated. Anyone have experience or opinions? They have a detachable cable too, so it looks like the BoomPro would be an option.

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #22,375 of 48,566
If its only "somewhat," I'll definitely be passing...

Sorry, but I'm a soundstage but when regarding to open headphones.

As a soundstage guy I totally understand that.
I hate congested soundstage [closed headphones...] but I can take a moderately sized  soundstage if it is 1] expansive 2] airy 3] well separated.and 4] well imaged.
The K612 don't have a large stage IMO, but it is big enough, well separated, mostly expansive  and has good imaging [3/4]
The 560 now ticks all 4, with noticeably improved imaging, so I think I'll be happy there. I never found the SS of the HE-6 troublesome, even if it wasn't too great, the separation, air and spaciousness more than make up for it IMO. Talking purely soundstage, YMMV.

This is not final until they arrive at the doorstep of course I am just following other people's impressions. 

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #22,376 of 48,566
So the ATH-M50 is on sale like everywhere the last couple days.  Thay're now down to $75 for a refurb (with 1-year warranty).  Are these worth picking up?  I know there's a new one out, but a $200 can for $75 seems like it might be worth checking out...

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #22,377 of 48,566
Conq, you have no idea what I went through to find a decent pair of closed headphones and IEMs because of soundstage. I think I'm quite happy with the coices I have, now, though.

When it comes to open headphones, however, I hold high standards. The soundstage size is critical because it, actually, is the sole purpose of me having an open headphone... for a nice, open, "out of head" experience. True, the K612's soundstage is not massive... but good enough for some. In stock form, it's quite similar in width and depth to that of the SRH1840. Add some angled pads, however, and the soundstage noticeably increases and compares to the likes of the other AKGs... which inevitably made them keepers, for me.

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #22,378 of 48,566
Conq, you have no idea what I went through to find a decent pair of closed headphones and IEMs because of soundstage. I think I'm quite happy with those choices.

When it comes to open headphones, however, I hold high standards. The soundstage size is critical because it, actually, is the sole purpose of me having an open headphone... for a nice, open, "out of head" experience.

And, true, the K612's soundstage is not massive... but good enough. In stock form, it's quite similar in width and depth to that of the SRH1840. Add some angled pads, however, and the soundstage noticeably increases and compares to the likes of the other AKGs.

Yeah, well, I value all the expects I've mentioned equally and from what I've read the 560 does very little wrong.
I am actually thinking the soundstage might be good,
As said, I will definitely do a K612-560 comparison so if you're in doubts, I just might chime in, right?  
beerchug.gif

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #22,379 of 48,566
Yeah, well, I value all the expects I've mentioned equally and from what I've read the 560 does very little wrong.
I am actually thinking the soundstage might be good,
As said, I will definitely do a K612-560 comparison so if you're in doubts, I just might chime in, right?  :beerchug:

You can chime in... but I'all make sure to be absent on that day. Same way I plan on being absent when Axel sends out the T1 on tour.

No no no... that bug won't be biting me, again! Lol. It's a reason why I sometimes get in financial binds... :frowning2:

PS: Give me some time to edit my posts! :p

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #22,380 of 48,566
So the ATH-M50 is on sale like everywhere the last couple days.  Thay're now down to $75 for a refurb (with 1-year warranty).  Are these worth picking up?  I know there's a new one out, but a $200 can for $75 seems like it might be worth checking out...

They werent terrible for me. I used them to play silent hill 2 early last year and i enoyed them. But for competitive play, theyre not gonna work and they are
Mediocre in soundstage compared to a lot of the open headphones that mad lust has reviewed. Comfort also depends on the person. Especially the pleather

Music wise, i thought they were a good all arounder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back