Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Mar 30, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #22,353 of 48,566
I tend to decide what attachments to use on a gun by gun basis.

On an unrelated note, think I'm going to buy a Mixamp Pro and Sennheiser PC 360's. I will give myself a couple of days to mull it over, but I'm liking the idea of convenience and have long wanted to try Sennheisers. It will also add to my experience of the available surround solutions as I've already got the DSS2 and a SB Omni. Gaining more experience can only be a good thing (unless that experience is being molested by clowns).

Mar 30, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #22,354 of 48,566
I try to remove them ASAP, but the only guns I ever keep the iron sight on are on Shotguns.

Mar 30, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #22,356 of 48,566
Anyone tried Sony Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 ? (named GOLD instead of 2.0 in USA) 
I am yet to buy a ps4 but wondered how it would do on a pc until then ? I am sooooo tired of the cables, that I am willing to get a wireless solution and this seems to get positive reviews in 100$ price range. I have CAL! on my pc btw and xonar dg.

thanks for opinion.

Mar 30, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #22,357 of 48,566
Ok, but they probably [I assumed...] use similar parts... Last time I checked, this very station was around 100 USD [http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/transmitters-parts/rf-transmitter-type-a/74]
But you're right, it is a transmitter station. I'll make sure to differentiate between the two.

Ooh, thanks for the link, I happened to notice that now TB's Earforce Seven Audio Control Unit (7ACU) is now available separately... It was a very promising unit, just nobody hear tried it cuz we didn't care about the Seven headset. I'll have to double-check the specs, cuz it's cheaper than a Mixamp and I think it also allows chat/game audio balance easily (as well as more adjustments).

If it does, it basically makes the Mixamp obsolete.

I try to remove them ASAP, but the only guns I ever keep the iron sight on are on Shotguns.

Can you put sniper scopes on shotguns in BF4? In BF3, you could do that and get a ridiculous range increase, more effective than a sniper and very OP.

Mar 31, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #22,360 of 48,566
HEY I GOT DIBS ON THAT ADAPTER. :p

So I woke up with an even stronger headache....

I can't even tell if it's the SK Crusher or if it's just one of those days. I went to sleep last night listening to them, and I really enjoy them. So this sucks.

Mar 31, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #22,361 of 48,566
http://www.head-fi.org/t/670454/pioneer-se-a1000-appreciation-club-sennheiser-hd-650-for-45/60
Hey how about these headphones for gaming ? they cost only about 45$ and have big soundstage, but the PRICE is what im loooking at. Can someone tell me their opinions about these headphones?

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #22,362 of 48,566
HEY I GOT DIBS ON THAT ADAPTER. :p

So I woke up with an even stronger headache....

I can't even tell if it's the SK Crusher or if it's just one of those days. I went to sleep last night listening to them, and I really enjoy them. So this sucks.

I have to say that they were accurately named. I don't have a wide head, evident by the fact that AT wing headphones slide down the side of my noggin, and the Crushers still put out some serious clamping force. I can understand why they were designed like that; it's how they get a strong seal and maintain their bass response. But overall I wasn't a fan of their comfort. And your head is a bit larger than mine, MLE, so chances are decent that they could be applying too much pressure. You can always try the good ole' headband stretching trick.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/670454/pioneer-se-a1000-appreciation-club-sennheiser-hd-650-for-45/60
Hey how about these headphones for gaming ? they cost only about 45$ and have big soundstage, but the PRICE is what im loooking at. Can someone tell me their opinions about these headphones?

I had the SE-A1000 for a while. I really enjoyed the sound. I didn't like the comfort. The elastic that runs through the headband is too loose. I would have had to modify the band to have more resistance. But as far as sound quality, they were very nice and clear with a pretty wide soundstage, especially considering the price. I picked them up for $30 when Best Buy was clearing them out of the Magnolia stores, but ended up returning them simply because they didn't sit on my head properly (same issue I have with AT wings, it slid around) and it didn't achieve a good seal so the sound was inconsistent for me.

The comfort issues vary from person to person, and I think it makes a nice gaming headphone if you can get it to fit properly. I'd say pick it up and try it out. Also, the 10' cord is great in some cases, annoying in others.

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #22,363 of 48,566
I did. They definitely clamp a lot less. I'm gonna wait until I'm completely headache free before I put them on again and see if that was my issue.

Mar 31, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #22,365 of 48,566
So my V-Moda XS was supposed to be delivered on Saturday, but I didn't realize that there would be a notice in my mailbox stating that the house was vacant. The deliverer didn't drop them off, classified them as undeliverable, and marked them for return to the sender. I contacted the postal service and requested re-delivery, we'll see if they do or if I have to wait for it to get back to V-Moda, then pay shipping again to get it back out to me. Bah.

Currently everything is still in boxes at the new place, but the awesome news is that my wife and I will be setting up the office soon. Once we do then I can get back into my gaming again. ESO early access launched yesterday and I haven't been able to play since we're unpacking everything.

And just in case anyone is curious, I'll be beta testing a new Geek Out (100mW), specifically designed for IEMs and highly sensitive headphones. I'm going to try gaming with the Razer software since I can't use any external devices to create the surround effect. I'm also contemplating installing the demo for the Out Of Your Head software and seeing how that handles gaming and positional queues. I imagine it's more for music and movies, but could potentially prove useful for gamers as well. Anything that I'm allowed to report about the GO 100 and gaming I'll post here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back