Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 16, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #16,831 of 48,578

It'd be awesome if we could get those into MLE's hands for a short while :wink: Hell, I'd pay for shipping both ways just to read his thoughts. To be able to compare the TH900 directly to the Alpha Dogs? Win!

HIS impressions -.- I agree but you could always try them your self, but sadly the reality is he could get them easier
than any of us could 

Sep 16, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #16,833 of 48,578

HIS impressions -.- I agree but you could always try them your self, but sadly the reality is he could get them easier
than any of us could 

If I could afford to try out the TH900, believe you me I certainly would. I'd love to hear a current flagship. I'm used to hearing former flagships.

Mmm, Bentley Continental GT

Sep 16, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #16,834 of 48,578

Been playing it over the weekend. Amazing game. Graphics wise, pretty much the same as GTA 4 though.

But gameplay itself has improved alot. Cops are so damn aggressive in this game lol, they use all sorts of maneuvers to slow you down.

Also loving the game audio. Pretty nice selection of music on the radio, and the cars sound and handle great.

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #16,835 of 48,578

Been playing it over the weekend. Amazing game. Graphics wise, pretty much the same as GTA 4 though.

But gameplay itself has improved alot. Cops are so damn aggressive in this game lol, they use all sorts of maneuvers to slow you down.

Also loving the game audio. Pretty nice selection of music on the radio, and the cars sound and handle great.

I really dig aggressive cops, Need For Speed Most wanted was great! The Cops at lvl 5 started to break the laws of physics they'd have SUV doing about 300 mph, they'd fly, drive through walls and I even had them flip 18 wheelers at me. it was epic funnest cop chase game ever

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #16,836 of 48,578
Warning...Massive Multi-Quoting (MMQ) ahead....
redface.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here are my unbiased impressions of the ma900 as I don't know jack didley about it tbh.

Nice impressions!  I agree with them.

Quote:
  Welp, ordered my first ever "flagship" headphone. The Fostex TH900.

Can't wait to see how they perform with my music and games.

Nice!!  That's end-game material.
beerchug.gif

It'd be awesome if we could get those into MLE's hands for a short while :wink: Hell, I'd pay for shipping both ways just to read his thoughts.

It's sounds similar to the D7000, for obvious reasons, so MLE should already have an pretty good idea of how they'd sound. 

But ya. 

If I could afford to try out the TH900, believe you me I certainly would. I'd love to hear a current flagship. I'm used to hearing former flagships.

Come to an Ohio meet and you can!  Darryl (aka Preproman) in Cincinnati has an absolutely stunning gear collection including several flagships such as the TH900.  He brought them to a meet and that's where I got to hear them.

Amazing game. Graphics wise, pretty much the same as GTA 4 though.

This is coming to PS4 right?  If so, I think I'll wait for the souped up version.

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #16,837 of 48,578

This is coming to PS4 right?  If so, I think I'll wait for the souped up version.

No word of it, and I doubt it because this game has been developed for so long. Some people would wait, but they knew what they were doing by closing out the current generation with a bang. I'd expect Red Dead to be next year's R* release.

Sep 16, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #16,838 of 48,578
  Come to an Ohio meet and you can!  Darryl (aka Preproman) in Cincinnati has an absolutely stunning gear collection including several flagships such as the TH900.  He brought them to a meet and that's where I got to hear them.

Trust me, I haven't missed them all due to a lack of trying. There's word of one coming in the next couple months; I'll be swapping days with someone at work for that event, as long as some kind soul is willing.

Unrelated, but here's the banner ad from the bottom of the page while replying. I found it funny.

Sep 16, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #16,839 of 48,578
I usually played with headphone in pc. I want to try playing with it on console.
Must I buy the Astro mix amp? or are there any other thing that I can use beside Astro? since I hear the quality of it is not that good.

Sep 16, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #16,840 of 48,578
Creative Recon3D USB
Turtle Beach DSS - I remember this having good positioning, but I could never unhear a slight hiss.

The 2011 Astro mix amp works well for me.

Search this thread for more info on those devices. There are some good overviews/guides in this thread.

Sep 16, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #16,841 of 48,578
Wow, very confusing cable setup for the astro mixamp. What kind of connector is that on the 360 for the astro? Is it the old connector?
The creative recon is more simple, just optical cable or wireless I think? But I didnt see any optical output on my 360 (old black elite version). So, how do i connect the recon with my 360? Wireless?
But the creative is 150usd, 50 more than the mixamp in here.

Sep 16, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #16,842 of 48,578
The older xboxes need an adapter to get optical out. Astro uses optical into the adapter and USB into the Xbox. My friend's elite came with an adapter I think.

The Astro site has a PDF manual if that helps.

Link to info on getting 360 connections http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/audio-video-setup-and-use/connect-sound-system

Sep 16, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #16,843 of 48,578
  Although my comments are not applicable for gaming directly, I'll offer them here for those considering the Sony ma900.
Just received the Sony today. Here are my unbiased impressions of the ma900 as I don't know jack didley about it tbh.

Anybody want to sell their pair?  
biggrin.gif

What sources did you plug the Sony MA900s into?

Sep 16, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #16,845 of 48,578
The older xboxes need an adapter to get optical out. Astro uses optical into the adapter and USB into the Xbox. My friend's elite came with an adapter I think.

The Astro site has a PDF manual if that helps.

Link to info on getting 360 connections http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/audio-video-setup-and-use/connect-sound-system

thanks for the guide, very helpful.
Mine didn't come with an adapter, so I must separate buy the adapter and optic cable. Plus the astro or creative, its a rather hi investment here. I will re-consider...
Will the astro or creative works with PS4 later? If yes, then its a good investment for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back