"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Sep 11, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #1,021 of 6,388
Quote:

Hopefully, you've read my e-mail from last evening. 
wink.gif

Please don't tell Matt about other equipment options.  If his wife doesn't put him on purchase probation, then I'll have to intervene. 
biggrin.gif

What do you think I have my secret paypal account for? 
tongue.gif

Sep 11, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #1,022 of 6,388
For those of you who actually use the mad dogs as portables, what do you use to carry them? I'm wondering if there is a semi-hard case that would fit them nicely before putting them in my messenger bag.

I just bought a V-moda Exoskeleton LP2 case, just the case to see if it'll fit my Z1000. Is there any chance that it might fit the Mad dogs as well?

Sep 11, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #1,024 of 6,388
I think that it would fit. The nice thing about these is that the hp doesn't really have a large footprint and is quite durable. Mine fit easily in a Beyer semi-soft case. I carry them around with me and use them as portable some times. 

Sep 11, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #1,026 of 6,388
Quote:
It says it's reccomended to have 100 mw per channel, yet the e11 only outputs like 35-38 into a fixed load, it seems that's not nearly enough, am I missing something?

I don't know dick about mw per channel but I can tell you that the iBasso PB2 in single-ended can't drive the Mad Dogs properly so I have no idea how the e11 could drive them.

Sep 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #1,027 of 6,388
Quote:
It says it's reccomended to have 100 mw per channel, yet the e11 only outputs like 35-38 into a fixed load, it seems that's not nearly enough, am I missing something?

I can't for the life of me find these "mW per channel" stats on my Asgard anywhere. seems like headphones and amps choose what specs to show. 

HOPEFULLY the asgard is enough.

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #1,029 of 6,388
Quote:
I can't for the life of me find these "mW per channel" stats on my Asgard anywhere. seems like headphones and amps choose what specs to show. 

Asgard puts out 1 Watt or 1000mW into a 50ohm load. So you're pretty good. I believe the 6moons review of the asgard has this figure within it.

You can also use the 20V peak-to-peak spec to figure this out as well, using some complicated formula I don't want to look up right now.

Sep 12, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #1,030 of 6,388
Quote:

Quote:
Asgard puts out 1 Watt or 1000mW into a 50ohm load. So you're pretty good. I believe the 6moons review of the asgard has this figure within it.

You can also use the 20V peak-to-peak spec to figure this out as well, using some complicated formula I don't want to look up right now.

Plenty powerful.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Sep 12, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #1,031 of 6,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Plenty powerful.  

L3000.gif

Yay !!!

R

Sep 12, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #1,033 of 6,388
Quote:
I think that it would fit. The nice thing about these is that the hp doesn't really have a large footprint and is quite durable. Mine fit easily in a Beyer semi-soft case. I carry them around with me and use them as portable some times. 

Which headphone did this Beyer case come with? Is it available for purchase seperately? I'm asking just in case the V-Moda case doesn't work out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back