"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Sep 10, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #1,006 of 6,388
Has anyone seen  "pwnm30rdi3" around?  He is the one that did the paint job and the re cabling on my BMFs and Paradoxs.

This guy does really good work.

Sorry, the quote function doesn't seem to be working ATM. I have not seen him around in a while. and yes he does very nice work. 

Sep 10, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #1,007 of 6,388
Potentially already answered questions but I'm sorry haven't really found/been told the answers. When will these be shipped out and how do these cans fare with electronic music? I'm just a little scared about overall bass impact not being enough. Honestly just looking to a budget headphone since I have had the same gear and quite content, looking at some of the recent budget kings like these Mad Dogs and the HE-400. Any thoughts which is better at their respective price points?

Sep 10, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #1,010 of 6,388
Quote:
Potentially already answered questions but I'm sorry haven't really found/been told the answers. When will these be shipped out and how do these cans fare with electronic music? I'm just a little scared about overall bass impact not being enough. Honestly just looking to a budget headphone since I have had the same gear and quite content, looking at some of the recent budget kings like these Mad Dogs and the HE-400. Any thoughts which is better at their respective price points?

I would think the Mad Dogs, HE-400s, and the Paradox all are very good choices for good bass.

Sep 10, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #1,011 of 6,388
What would make one choose the mad dog over the paradox, and vice versa?

Sep 10, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #1,013 of 6,388
Quote:

BTG Brian has a lot of work ahead of him.

I still don't think he has the retention things yet does he?

Yes I do.... Lol.

I'm still working with my plastic injection company to find a suitable cable boot. Got a hold of some drawing and will be requesting samples in a bit. For the time being, I'll just use heatshrink if the nylon sleeve isn't enough.

Sep 11, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #1,014 of 6,388
Just pulled the pin and ordered one of the MDs to try.

I've got an Asgard here. Should be OK to drive them ?

Cheers,

R

Sep 11, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #1,016 of 6,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Question is...what dac?

Ta for the reply, Matt.

I have a Cambridge Audio DACMagic and a Meier Audio Corda StageDAC.

I will be buying another DAC later to replace CA DACMagic. I much prefer the Meier to the CA. I find it more musical in my hifi and existing main HP system (my pref - YMMV etc). Waiting for Jan to release his next DAC to see what it's like and at what price. I like his preamp / dual output setup as well. Also use crossfeed on old recordings.

Will have 2 systems:

(1) Lappy / Foobar2000 WASAPI /StageDAC / BH Crack / DT 880 for the lounge room system.

(2) New DAC / Asgard / MDs out of new PC via USB 2.0 in my PC workroom.

Also have AD900s.

Cheers,

R

<edit> spooling

Sep 11, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #1,017 of 6,388
Quote:
I would think the Mad Dogs, HE-400s, and the Paradox all are very good choices for good bass.

Hopefully, you've read my e-mail from last evening. 
wink.gif

Quote:
The Asgard will work well. Question is...what dac?

Please don't tell Matt about other equipment options.  If his wife doesn't put him on purchase probation, then I'll have to intervene. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 11, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #1,020 of 6,388
Hey! Stop with your secrets and share. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back