LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 25, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #32 of 5,225
Sorry to @kimD and some others. I'm one of the persons who kept complaining to LZ about the shape and color of A3. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 25, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #33 of 5,225
Ouch that's probably out of my price range unfortunately. Also not really a big fan of multiple tuning sets as people tend to only use their preferred combo but you still pay extra for all the different filters etc only to throw them in a drawer forever or lose them.

Fair point about the filters. On the other hand I'd much rather pay a bit more to have a iem that I really enjoy than getting one slightly cheaper that I don't like. With the spread in preferences there are in here it will most likely be enjoyed by more people because of the tuning possibility.

As long as an iem fit my preference I don't care for a tuning possibility but it's very nice to have when it doesn't :wink:

Jun 25, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #35 of 5,225
The final price is yet to decide. As the cable will be detachable and the design of A4 will be a bit different.
Also, it depends on whether LZ has enough money to do further research on A4, lol.

Jun 25, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #36 of 5,225
The final price is yet to decide. As the cable will be detachable and the design of A4 will be a bit different.
Also, it depends on whether LZ has enough money to do further research on A4, lol.

Best like optional for detachable cable selection
I don't mind pay a little higher price

Jun 25, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #37 of 5,225

Wow, a DIYer life must be pretty hard.
I honestly hope for a non-detachable version.

Jun 25, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #38 of 5,225

Yeah, I think at this price point people will expect detachable cable so that may be a good decision.

Jun 25, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #40 of 5,225
Can someone confirm this.

I'm not familiar with the Hippo but they've got exchangeable back plates and front filters like the ED9 if that's what you're asking.

Jun 25, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #41 of 5,225
Fair point about the filters. On the other hand I'd much rather pay a bit more to have a iem that I really enjoy than getting one slightly cheaper that I don't like. With the spread in preferences there are in here it will most likely be enjoyed by more people because of the tuning possibility.

As long as an iem fit my preference I don't care for a tuning possibility but it's very nice to have when it doesn't
wink.gif

X2. Like with MMCX which come on less than $20 phones, you aren't paying that much for the ability to tune. This implementation seems like to a very useful degree as well. Getting that extra 10% perhaps and maybe the right synergy or preferred signature for $15 maybe is worth it to the majority. Plus resale value, okay not value in amount maybe, but in them being more desirable. They will sell and resell more because of this esp. over non-tunable options since most want the safer bet regarding whether they will like them or sell and try again. Or say your source breaks and you get a new one and the new pairing misses the mark you can tune again or other circumstances like night low volume listening or noise environments.

Of course the price isn't even known yet so as well as what the cable will be like or other accs. Not of enough info yet.

Can't totally argue unless you have a tuning version and non-tuning version of the same phone and then if the standard tuning was exactly what you wanted then you could say it wasn't worth the extra $$$ but doubtful that would occur and since so many ears and gears and tastes differ, the tuning is obviously gonna be useful to quite a few. 

Jun 25, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #42 of 5,225
I think it is gonna be hard to cater to all persons like offering different versions of an IEM for something with limited production you should probably try and focus on a single choice that will cater the majority of users .

That will also help marketing it, as lot of versions usually end up confusing the user even more (admittedly having the power to choose and tune the IEM to your liking is always good)

Jun 27, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #45 of 5,225

LOL?
Now, I just wanted to make a point by saying that the A4 isn't fatiguing.
I'm not here to bash any earphone. Just open-awareness.
Also, I guess that the A4 is pretty much an answer to the DQSM, as the DQSM was an follow-up after the A3.

Please avoid to called them DQSM anymore, try to call it as a D2 should be fine

No, that's the end of discussion of that brand here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back