Little Dot Micro+ initial impressions
May 24, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #91 of 432
I read somewhere on ebay that the LDM+ would have 100+ hours battery life
eek.gif

May 25, 2006 at 1:17 PM Post #93 of 432
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dihnekis
Mine came in today, and the battery was already charged. It is running on chinese power right now.

yow, can't wait. How long did it take to get there?

May 25, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #95 of 432
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dihnekis
Mine came in today, and the battery was already charged. It is running on chinese power right now.

I thought I was told to charge it for 8 hours before I use it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea
I read somewhere on ebay that the LDM+ would have 100+ hours battery life

Now I believe it.. cuz' mine has definitely been used for more than 100 hours, and it's still running on its first charge.

May 26, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #96 of 432
guys, i will be using this amp with my westone um1, senn px100, koss ksc 75 and ultrasone hfi 650. should i ask for low gain setting? i will be glad if you help. and also, what is the safest place to purchase this amp for me as i lie in Turkey? my last question is about the warranty, does it have an international warranty with it? thank you

May 26, 2006 at 6:08 PM Post #97 of 432
Quote:

Originally Posted by w&q
guys, i will be using this amp with my westone um1, senn px100, koss ksc 75 and ultrasone hfi 650. should i ask for low gain setting? i will be glad if you help. and also, what is the safest place to purchase this amp for me as i lie in Turkey? my last question is about the warranty, does it have an international warranty with it? thank you

No, you don't need a low gain setting. That is only useful with hyper sensitive IEM stuff.

edit- ouch, is the westone a IEM ?
redface.gif

May 26, 2006 at 6:44 PM Post #98 of 432
yeah buddy that is a quite sensitive iem. the empedance of my headphones are:

px100 --- 32 ohms
ksc 75 --- 60 ohms
um1 --- 25 ohms
hfi650 --- 75 ohms

what would be the optimal solution for me? should i go for a ldm+ with low or with normal ( standart ) gain settings? or is it better that i get one for um1 and one amp for the other 3? what do you my friends advise and recommend? thanks

oops, actually it is not a good idea to buy 2 amps right now.

May 26, 2006 at 7:10 PM Post #99 of 432
Hey guys and gals those that have LDM+. I have question I just recieved mine all I have to say it beautiful looking amp it my first one to own. Sorry back to my question, I just plug it in to charge is the unit suppose to lite up or no.

May 26, 2006 at 7:26 PM Post #100 of 432
Quote:

Originally Posted by Faith
Hey guys and gals those that have LDM+. I have question I just recieved mine all I have to say it beautiful looking amp it my first one to own. Sorry back to my question, I just plug it in to charge is the unit suppose to lite up or no.

The charger that I received with my Little Dot+ has a red LED that goes on when it is plugged in. However, there is nothing to indicate when the battery is fully charged, only that it is charging.

May 26, 2006 at 7:52 PM Post #101 of 432
I have listened to LDM+ with PX100 and has plenty of volume left; however, with Ety ER4S, I can turn the volume all the way up and it is tolerable. My LDM+ is low gain set up. If you plan to use headphones less than 100 ohms, set to low gain and anything over 100 ohms, recommend to set the gain normal. Like many people have said all ready, LDM+ is very neutral sounding to me and balanced.

May 26, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #102 of 432
Quote:

Originally Posted by w&q
yeah buddy that is a quite sensitive iem. the empedance of my headphones are:

px100 --- 32 ohms
ksc 75 --- 60 ohms
um1 --- 25 ohms
hfi650 --- 75 ohms

what would be the optimal solution for me? should i go for a ldm+ with low or with normal ( standart ) gain settings? or is it better that i get one for um1 and one amp for the other 3? what do you my friends advise and recommend? thanks

oops, actually it is not a good idea to buy 2 amps right now.

The impedance on those phones are not that high. I'd get the low gain if I were you. I have a PA2V2 with a gain of 3 and it still drives the KSC75 to very loud volumes (but then again I don't listen to music that loudly).

May 26, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #103 of 432
Thanks El-Monkey I got the same charger as you. I thought it looked weired that red led would light but not the unit atleast I know now that it actually charging not my mind playing tricks on me. thanks for your reply.

May 26, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #104 of 432
Quote:

I have both versions and I suggest you get the standard gain. I use the standard with ETY 4 P's and UM 2's and it is fine, no excess hissing. The low gain version is fine with UM 2's which are quite sensitive, but have to be cranked up very high with ETY's. I think you will have greater flexibility with the standard gain unit.
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif

May 26, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #105 of 432
thank u so much guys for rapid replies. i think i will go with the low gain this time.later on i am thinking of buying a senn hd 595, then i may go with the other version. now, lets empty the wallet.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back