Little Dot Micro+ initial impressions
May 30, 2006 at 2:42 PM Post #121 of 432
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whorehay
So many questions in a row! This one should be simple!!

What colors do Little Dot Micro+ come in?

Black
Gold
Silver

Is that all? Got to love the materialstic part of myself
tongue.gif

My LDM+ is silver. Still waiting for delivery of my H120.

Hey Whorehay, I posted in your thread over at AVS. I hope you found my posts helpful.

May 30, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #123 of 432
I've ordered black too. Was told by my ebay seller that it takes 1-3 days to build the amp, and then 4 days to ship it over. So that makes about a 1 week lead time from order to delivery in the UK.

BTW, does anyone hazzard to guess how the LDM+ will sound compared to a cheap commercial headphone amp like the PROJECT HEADBOX Mk2 (rated 5 stars by What HiFi). I'm guessing it will not be far off from a Grado RA-1, since the innards of that amp isn't much more than a Cmoy with big capacitors in a nice mahogany cabinet.

May 30, 2006 at 9:31 PM Post #124 of 432
Quote:

Originally Posted by lostbobby
yow, can't wait. How long did it take to get there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GravY
mine arrived in 7days..

7 days to California, just got mine 8 minutes ago. Thanks to my mail carrier, she rang and hand-delivered, (probably wanted to know what it was since she's from HK)! *Huge* difference in imaging/soundstage with Um2's. Yow!

No manual, is there anythin i need to know, except turn down volume before plugging in / unplugging source and phones? Also i gather it's not really throw-it-in-your pocket portable, given the metallic noises that emanate when you put pressure on the side of the cable plug that goes to audio source (I just ordered a couple flat plug Mini-to-Mini cables from Todd, my new best friend).

May 31, 2006 at 4:01 PM Post #128 of 432
If it helps, I bought mine from a guy on ebay who goes under the username Davidzhezhe - he's one of the guys working at the Little Dot company, and therefore should be the most reliable source for the LDM+ (hopefully).

May 31, 2006 at 5:23 PM Post #129 of 432
well i bought my cans from the same HK guy and it came in 2 days with a receipt. he has just shipped the amp to me so we'll see how that goes. might get the zhaolu 2.0 from him too as he quoted me a nice price.

ps. i have a feeling his one of benny's friend
tongue.gif

May 31, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #130 of 432
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firevortex
well i bought my cans from the same HK guy and it came in 2 days with a receipt. he has just shipped the amp to me so we'll see how that goes. might get the zhaolu 2.0 from him too as he quoted me a nice price.

ps. i have a feeling his one of benny's friend
tongue.gif

No, because he's not actually associated with the Little Dot company so there goes any guarantees or any kind of warranty. Also he claims to take returns, but 3 days? Hello, no one from the USA is going to be able to send a package across the world in 3 days unless you pay out the ass with expedited global shipping, and even then it's a crapshoot.

Jun 1, 2006 at 4:46 AM Post #134 of 432
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Okay....now I'm confused. The ebay link is NOT an authorized seller? If not, is this the legit site for purchase??

Little Dot ordering??

o... little-tube.com English forum... of course it's one of the official places to order it (the other two: ebay from David, and the little-tube.com Chinese forum)

Jun 1, 2006 at 7:51 AM Post #135 of 432
Quote:

Originally Posted by CookieFactory
No, because he's not actually associated with the Little Dot company so there goes any guarantees or any kind of warranty. Also he claims to take returns, but 3 days? Hello, no one from the USA is going to be able to send a package across the world in 3 days unless you pay out the ass with expedited global shipping, and even then it's a crapshoot.

90% of the ebay merchants are resellers. to bluntly lable some one shady because he has a 3 days return deal is rather quick drawn asumption. its obviously logical you cant return something in 3 days shipping to HK from the US. have you contacted the seller before jumping all over that?

i duno why you seem to be on the defensive about another way to obtain this amp. i was mearly trying to help because this was the only littledot macro+ thats listed on ebay when i did the search. reguarding the warranty issue, i know this unit has been sold at hi fi stores in china for around $200RMB($25-$30USD) going by what you saying is those hi fi stores dont offer any warranties because they're not zunqiu and davidz?

look buddy i dont wanna argue with you over stupid things. for a US based buyers i would buy it from the US dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back