Little Dot Micro+ initial impressions
May 19, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #77 of 432
Quote:

Originally Posted by CookieFactory
Here's a wacky idea. Anyone ever think about replacing the stock li-on battery with something bigger and/or better?

Thanks Andrea!!!

I was thinking about modding my LDM with a couple CR123 cells in parallel. It should give a slight voltage increase and a LOT more Mah capacity. Although the standard 2x AAA gets very good run-time. About the same as my 9V govibeII.

Garrett

May 19, 2006 at 8:24 PM Post #78 of 432
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea
The LDM uses the MAX4410 chip, the LDM+ the newer (2005) MAX9724. The latter is a little more powerful and accepts an up to 5.5 volts power supply (as opposed to 3.8 max., if I recall correctly) which gives it more drive for high impedance phones. Also, the ebay page says the "+" uses better quality components.

Thanks Andrea!!

Do you know if either the MAX 4410 in the LDM (or newer 9724 in the LDM+) can be 2x stacked to increase current capacity?

thanks,
Garrett

May 19, 2006 at 8:51 PM Post #79 of 432
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Thanks Andrea!!

Do you know if either the MAX 4410 in the LDM (or newer 9724 in the LDM+) can be 2x stacked to increase current capacity?

thanks,
Garrett

Unfortunately no, I strongly doubt that such a thing would be possible with these chips. They're "all inclusive" headphone (or line) amplifier chips designed purely to be used stand-alone. For sure, the amplifier's PCB doesn't allow any such operation.

Btw, I have to correct to 3.6 V the maximum safe power supply voltage for the MAX4410. An interesting thing to note - the 4410 has a 0.003% rated THD + N driving low impedance loads, whereas the 9724 has it rated at 0,02%. Which chip will sound better as of itself?
confused.gif

May 19, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #81 of 432
As I understand it, the actual shipping is $20. The additional cost over that is to provide international warranty service in which shipping is quite costly.

edit: Actually it might surprise you that the profit margin for the amp in China is roughly $5. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most US amp manufacturers' retail is two times the cost of parts/assembly.

May 20, 2006 at 4:45 AM Post #82 of 432
Quote:

Originally Posted by CookieFactory
As I understand it, the actual shipping is $20. The additional cost over that is to provide international warranty service in which shipping is quite costly.

edit: Actually it might surprise you that the profit margin for the amp in China is roughly $5. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most US amp manufacturers' retail is two times the cost of parts/assembly.

5.00 US x approx 8 = 40.00 yuan

May 23, 2006 at 2:58 PM Post #87 of 432
just ordered mine, now i can't go bak to Ebay page to see what the options are. Are there any besides color and (unity or normal gain). I'll be listening in on IEMs thru 64 Ohm Senns (till i get new Senns, Grados, AKGs, which head-fi is impelling me to, I can't stop).

[edit a little later] Nevermind, David just emailed a half hour after I ordered to ask me what color and what headphones I'd be using so he can match the gain.

May 23, 2006 at 10:49 PM Post #88 of 432
where did you see that it was sellling only for $30 (translated from RMB)?? if its in shenzhen i can arrange to get it.

May 24, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #89 of 432
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren
where did you see that it was sellling only for $30 (translated from RMB)?? if its in shenzhen i can arrange to get it.

When I asked them about shen zhen, here's the reply I got:
我们公司就在深圳,可以前来购买:

深圳市福田区皇岗北路新阁小区7栋3楼北层303室 杨宇全
邮编:518049 电话:0755-83143939
可以在罗湖车站搭乘352大巴到车管所(梅龙天桥)下车,问一下新阁小区超市(惠新百货),我们在超市的3 楼,从左边“旺达网吧”的小门口上,303室

I can also arrange to get it. However, I'm afraid that my cousin who'll be buying them won't have a clue what to get if she's asked for example, what kind of gain she wants. Also, I'm not sure if the ones sold in china come with the correct ac adaptor.

May 24, 2006 at 7:53 PM Post #90 of 432
This amp has awesome battery life, I used it for 3 days in my Portable setup to my ES5 (~8 hours every day at work), then took it home for the weekend where I used it with both the K701 and DT880 (~4 hours each day), STILL using it at home with the K701 and DT880 (~3 hours a day after work), no sign whatsoever the battery is getting low.

I wouldn't be surprised if it has the battery life of the AE-1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back