List of DACs that work with iPad
Mar 19, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #361 of 963
I'm happy to report that iPad 3rd gen works perfectly with DACPort. I'd like to believe it sounds better than iPad 1, but there is no way to compare. :)

Mar 20, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #362 of 963

Quote:
I'm happy to report that iPad 3rd gen works perfectly with DACPort. I'd like to believe it sounds better than iPad 1, but there is no way to compare.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks. I am thinking about upgrading and this helps make the decision.

Mar 20, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #363 of 963
Has anyone tried an iBasso DB2 with an iPad2 / CCK? Will it run without a powered USB hub?

Look up for the T3Hub by Dr Bott. It's a unpowered hub that "fakes" the iPad thinking that it is powered & let you use your USB DAC.

The only thing is its not a very pretty looking hub.

Mar 21, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #366 of 963
I've got some questions.
I just bought the Fiio E17, and was wondering if it would work with the CCK.
Also, is there any way to play 24/96 files on my iPad or iPod Classic? through the CCK?

And off-topic, my Audinst HUD-MX1 can't seem to play 24-bit files, while my Alpen plays them without effort. Is there any way to fix this? or is the Audinst unable to play 24 bit files? Though I find that hard to believe.

Mar 21, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #367 of 963

Quote:
I've got some questions.

The answer is no. http://www.head-fi.org/t/587912/fiio-e17-alpen-first-impression-final-thought/930#post_8105545

Also, is there any way to play 24/96 files on my iPad or iPod Classic? through the CCK?

Yes. You need an app that supports 24/96 files. One such app is FLAC Player.

Mar 22, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #368 of 963
I've got some questions.

And off-topic, my Audinst HUD-MX1 can't seem to play 24-bit files, while my Alpen plays them without effort. Is there any way to fix this? or is the Audinst unable to play 24 bit files? Though I find that hard to believe.

Weird, the Audinst does support 24/96 files. Must be an issue with settings in your playback software.

Mar 23, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #369 of 963
MIRACLE!!!!!!

I just got my iPad 3 to work with the iBasso D6...it seems it may be the sequence of connection.  Make certain you have the D6 set to use battery.  The CCK is attached and indicated in the General settings as connected, no other indication of the DAC connected or working.  However it is WORKING!!!!!   YEAH!!!!

Mar 23, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #370 of 963
With or without a powered USB hub? Congrats by the way 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
MIRACLE!!!!!!

I just got my iPad 3 to work with the iBasso D6...it seems it may be the sequence of connection.  Make certain you have the D6 set to use battery.  The CCK is attached and indicated in the General settings as connected, no other indication of the DAC connected or working.  However it is WORKING!!!!!   YEAH!!!!

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #372 of 963
No powered hub necessary.  Although, the connection attempts are a bit intermittent.  The iBasso D7 does not work yet.  I can understand as this device relies soley upon power from the USB connection and thus the consistent "too much power error" message from the iPad.

Mar 26, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #374 of 963
I tried using my uDAC with my iPad 1 and iPad 3 running iOS 5.1 and it doesn't work on tiehr one of them. I get a "requires too much power" error. A bunch of people have reported that it works though, does anyone know what is going on? Is it a problem with the new OS?

My goal is to set up my iPad 1 as a dedicated Spotify thingy.

Mar 26, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #375 of 963
I think you need a powered usb hub for the uDAC

Quote:
I tried using my uDAC with my iPad 1 and iPad 3 running iOS 5.1 and it doesn't work on tiehr one of them. I get a "requires too much power" error. A bunch of people have reported that it works though, does anyone know what is going on? Is it a problem with the new OS?

My goal is to set up my iPad 1 as a dedicated Spotify thingy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back