Lisa III and XP Appreciation, Review and Pics Thread
Jun 10, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #151 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by RIDE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It had been a while since I listened to my Lisa III...........oh my.....she's sooooo beautiful!

How's everyone enjoying theirs???

RIDE

yep, still love my lisa/s!!! i'm consistently found with a smile from ear to ear. have also been using my woody/recabled D2000 with iriver->D10->Lisa portable as I have RMA'd my SE530 and swapped my W3 for UM3X (on its way as we speak) to be able to get such wonderful noise on the move is a sweet sensation. even if I do look like I have a pair of hamburgers on my head
atsmile.gif

Jul 13, 2009 at 6:12 AM Post #152 of 229
Does the standard Lisa come with a wall charger or do you still have to purchase one separate?

Jul 13, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #153 of 229
No. You get the LLP which gives silent power to charge and run Lisa. I originally wasn't going to get it by any means but now I am very glad I did-after a year and a half of using it.

Jul 13, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #154 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. You get the LLP which gives silent power to charge and run Lisa. I originally wasn't going to get it by any means but now I am very glad I did-after a year and a half of using it.

Well, I don't want to spend the extra $$ on the LLP nor do I want to lug it around with me but a $20 wall wart is easier on the wallet and the backpack
biggrin.gif
so can anyone tell me where to buy one?

Aug 11, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #156 of 229
I use the Lisa III for home use only. The Lisa III is better than the P-51 and the iQube. Lisa III does everything perfectly but the price taken in consideration it should. For me it is not portable at all. Its soundstaging is great and the whole register is very well balanced. I like its details and bit open sound. The feature where you can give it a little bit more bass is great also. I use it when I use my ER-4 with the Lisa.

If I was to have ONLY one of the three - I would definitely have the P-51 only. Compared to the iQube it brings music so much more life. The iQube is really neutral - VERY neutral which can be awesome for some recordings. Neutral does not mean borring though but still neutral. The iQube brings the same amount of detail and texture as the P-51. But the P-51 is a bit more "grainy" in the mids. I guess this is what they mean by the "Ray Samuels house sound". I prefer the iQube mainly in combination with HD650 and I think the match with HD650 is better than with P-51 and almost as good as LISA.

But for pleasent and energetic music the P-51 and the SR325i (probably for most Grados) is such a pleasing experience for the ears. Listening fatigue is non existing - even after long hours. So I combine them this way SR325/P-51 combo and HD650/iQube combo are the best ones. The LISA III is great with all my headphones.

Only the LISA can drive the AKG K701's acceptably. I do not like K701 with either the iQube nor the P-51.

So if I was you I would stick with the P-51 if you like it's sound. For me the P-51 gets the most playing time of the three. Since it is most the portable one. I like the size of the iQube and that it fits an iPod best. The smaller size of the P-51 can be a bit unconvenient with an iPod.

Aug 24, 2009 at 11:40 AM Post #158 of 229
I disagree that lisa is not for portable; I have been using it most days in this way for the last year. pocketable: not really, portable: hell yes!! this need to classify anything that doesnt fit comfortably in a small jeans pocket as not portable confuses me.

you do not have to carry the LLP with you wakeride; I dont know what gave you that idea. its a charger and PSU; like a docking station for the amp. does wonders for the SQ while its connected too and charges the battery at the same time.

if you already have the P-51, so have the small portable amp side covered, I see no reason not to get the Lisa to round out your options; there are things that the lisa can do that the others do not come close to achieving; most portables sound strained when trying to power less efficient HP's, not so with L3. the bass knob is awesome for when/if needed and the totally non-fatiguing and musical, but highly detailed sound is unmatched with other portables IMO

you can use other batteries, but why?? also you will wear out the screws and their threads removing the panel to change them out all the time.

\BTW i've posted this rig elsewhere in the last few days; but it belongs right at home here. OMG at the SQ on this rig. a bit chubby, but

IMG_5538copy.jpg
IMG_5541copy.jpg
IMG_5506copy.jpg
IMG_5514copy.jpg
these portable solutions

and

http://img132.imageshack.us/i/mg6711.jpg/

this ^^ which was great while in sydney this weekend. but actually matched or bettered by the first one for everything but soundstage depth

Oct 1, 2009 at 9:28 AM Post #160 of 229
Hmmm... no signs of life on Twitter since July 28th either....

Oct 2, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #161 of 229
how good is lisa really? i know it's portable(i guess i'm ok carrying a thinner but longer corda headfi around) but how good is it really? can you say better than, let say a cantate or a lehmann black cube linear?

Oct 2, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #162 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by fhuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how good is lisa really? i know it's portable(i guess i'm ok carrying a thinner but longer corda headfi around) but how good is it really? can you say better than, let say a cantate or a lehmann black cube linear?

The transparency in LISA III is nearly perfect, outstanding bass performance and the mid is brighter than Corda. Thus, it can be very good synergy with HD650.

Oct 7, 2009 at 7:35 AM Post #163 of 229
Lifesign from Tirad Audio - tweet from yesterday: "Lisa 3 so dear 2 me Unsurpassed Sound Quality How much better could U B? Take away battery Run on 32 V DC LLP only, Increase Bias. LISA 3-RS"

Oct 7, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #164 of 229
The LisaIII is quite simply the best portable amp made. Granted it is bigger than most...but if you can get past that like qusp, myself, and others can...the results will be well worth it.

Now match her up with some quality cables....I hear DU is a great source for those
wink.gif
....and you truly have a match made in heaven!
atsmile.gif

RIDE

Oct 13, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #165 of 229
I agree totally there...just simply the finest, clarity is just phenomenal.
It's what you dont hear that makes a lot of difference, not only perfect music but black is truly black, clear and distinct separation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back