Lisa III and XP Appreciation, Review and Pics Thread
Mar 16, 2009 at 1:24 PM Post #121 of 229
not a bummer at all, the iqube is hardly a fail, qables customer service is absolutely sublime let alone answering all emails I have ever sent to them and there are two noticeable reviews on this site at least, one which places the lisa 3 just above the iqube and another which has the iqube beating the lisa 3. Whichever way you look at it, the iqube is a top tier portable amp, and more importantly, backed up with stellar customer service.

i'm happy.

Mar 16, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #122 of 229
Thanks for the advice Jeremy, Brad emailed me today and he will prepare the shipment of my sexy silver lisa III xp heheheh.

Thanks,
Joey

Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
brad is back on day shift, so probably you will receive your information today (monday here now in OZ) I forwarded some info onto him and he has replied. I expect he is just away over the weekend. they chose not to have an automated reply as find its better to have a personal reply. In the greater scheme of things TRIAD is very responsive. i'm sure he will be very apologetic once he does. you received word from him lat week didnt you?? when you were asking about care package?? there is nothing to worry about, there is lisa';s in stock and they are actually very fast with shipping. you didnt order LLP did you??

Mar 16, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #123 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i'm happy.

Glad your happy, that's what count. The reason for my comment was that you had to change what you were after due to a customer service/communication breakdown.

I considered the icube at one point but it got nixed based on Skylabs review and the fact that I was concerned about it being a "class D" type.- Not that that is bad but I wasn't sure about distortion levels with the class D type and remembered issues with that category in my previous background. So I just didn't want to risk it.

Mar 16, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #124 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad your happy, that's what count. The reason for my comment was that you had to change what you were after due to a customer service/communication breakdown.

Thats true, I would have liked to listen to the lisa 3... maybe another time though.

Mar 17, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #125 of 229
Come on hijackers...this is an appreciation thread, not a..."I thought about LISA but changed my mind" thread.

You know what the LISA reminds me of...is the IPHONE. The only people that have something against the IPHONE are those who dont have one!

Unless you have a LISA and pics, responses to contribute to the original title OK, if not...then start your own thread!

Mar 17, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #126 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulybatz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Come on hijackers...this is an appreciation thread, not a..."I thought about LISA but changed my mind" thread.

You know what the LISA reminds me of...is the IPHONE. The only people that have something against the IPHONE are those who dont have one!

Unless you have a LISA and pics, responses to contribute to the original title OK, if not...then start your own thread!

Hey, it is a bump of the thread! Kidding.

Yes, the commitment of Triad Audio to good products and quality is commendable and their products being built on a foundation of quality is assuring. Anyone try the higher current XP model?

Mar 17, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #127 of 229
Jam the joker!

My LISA has been quite lonely for several weeks, my 18 month old has not been too accommodating to my listening schedule! So she sits there atop the CD player. I am going to snap some pics of everything next week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, it is a bump of the thread! Kidding.

Yes, the commitment of Triad Audio to good products and quality is commendable and their products being built on a foundation of quality is assuring. Anyone try the higher current XP model?

Mar 19, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #128 of 229
iHP120 with lisa III is a great combo, cant wait to use digital out, for the moment I have to be content with the analogue lineout

wickedlisacartoon.jpg
iHP120-piccolinowithsilverbullets-L.jpg

had a little fun with photoshop

and Jon, I will be trying out the high current mod shortly I think. just need to get a coupe of diodes

Mar 26, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #129 of 229
Just thought I'd chime in. I took possession of a LISA III this past weekend. I've now got it hooked up to my Ack dAck 2.0. When I'm running LISA III on battery power, I'm "off the grid" since the Ack dAck is a battery powered DAC. It makes for a very musical and organic sound. I'm impressed with how it drives the Sony SA5000 as this is a very difficult headphone to make sound good. It tends to be highly analytical and overemphasizes the high end, and makes everything sound hyper-real. With this setup it really makes them sound much warmer and musical. I've yet to try it out with electric music, rock and roll, etc., but with acoustic jazz it sounds great.

Now if I could find a way to run a battery operated source into the Ack dAck I would be completely off the grid. There must be some kind of Toslink to Coaxial converter. I could use the optical out of my SlimX IMP550 into the Ack dAck. Makes me wish I hadn't sold my iRiver iHP-120.

Mar 26, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #130 of 229
Well, I had a query into selling my LISA...as I have not had the time to "listen" to music in quite a while; almost two months!
I listened to one track a couple days ago when I sent the PM...and then thought do I really WANT to sell it!

I have decided against parting ways as the sound is just that good.

I am listening to a new CD, Christian McBride: Live at Tonic....RIGHT NOW!
As I am typing this and it is AMAZING, I am right there, I can see him strumming the bass, each note is clear, descript and everything is tight, vibrant and crisp.

I know I started this thread a long time ago...here is a quick pic of what I am listening to right now...it is the perfect office setup!!!

New life to all my CDs.

Mar 28, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #131 of 229
Yeeehey my lisa iii xp is delivered to my friend who will hand carry this item for me(Im from the Philippines anyway), I just want to say sorry to Brad because I keep sending him email not knowing its already delivered to my friend since last week Its my fault and my stupid friend did not inform me that he already recieve it. Triad shipping is efficient its just my fault sorry Brad... well my soul is now at peace heheehe. Cant wait for my new toy...

Thanks a lot Jeremy for your help... Wish to do more transactions with you someday.

Thanks,
Joey

Mar 29, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #132 of 229
no problem Jordan; glad everything is on track. when is your friend delivering it to you?? we need more pics. i'll have some more this week when my D10 arrives; already got all the cables made up. its gonna be one sweet rig with iRiver H120->Sysconcept optical->D10->piccolino or jena/cryo silver mini2RCA->Lisa III->W3/SE530/recabled woody D2000-/and soon to be ES3X and will sell off at least one IEM. probably the W3 as the SE530 is quite different. so I hear is the W3, but maybe not different enough to keep.

Buying myself a headroom portable desktop rig bag to fit it all in

Apr 4, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #133 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have yet to receive an email from triad audio. They lost a sale last year as a result. Don't bank on them replying to you.

I have gone back through my e-mails and have never received one from YOU.
I did sell one to the UK during the time period, but obviously not you dazzer!!

So if you were serious.. then you will try with the correct address eventually, or since you never used triadaudio@gmail.com OR tried a PM to me, I quite frankly question your credibility.. Thats how I see it. Brad

Apr 4, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #134 of 229
However I must admit I am derelict in responding to several people asking WHEN? in regards to Triad Audio products not yet available. If I only new myself.. However the 1st 2 production Valve codes are down to the final details. one of which Skylab will have for review this month. (crossed fingers) Then the Head-Code is following closely, after which the porta-code (same circuitry as head-code, running on 36 volts. DC !!) Several other designs on the drawing board will compete for time thereafter. We will soon have other accessories available on our site. as well as, Luxury/High-end/Lifestyle Products like a "Hawain Sling" fishing spear. geeze ,sorry for getting of topic Pauly,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back