Liquid Gold - 2014
Oct 26, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #451 of 808
  so factory do 50 hours and i have to do 100 hours right? can i leave it working for 100 hours on low volume and music on loop?

also i am looking forward for your DAVE and LAu comparison :D also Utopia sound on DAVE alone vs LAu + any other DAC combo. 

I am running mine 12-15 hours a day using long playlists off Tidal.  The manual suggests 150 hours with input but no output hooked up(headphones).  I am running mine at about 12 o'clock position.  I am also listening about 2-3 hours a day.

Oct 27, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #452 of 808
First impressions out of the box on the HD800S were very much a WOW moment.  Starting to replicate  the beauty of my big rig,  the source is shining through. Its a huge step up from my Woo Audio WA7d as you'd expect for their relative price points.  Wonderful solid imaging and confirmed my earlier suspicions that the WA7d was straining a little with the Senns. To think that the sound is only going to get better over the next few weeks is amazing to me. Many thanks to all at Cavalli Audio and to all the Head fi contributors that helped turn my attention to the Gold 
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 27, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #453 of 808
Although it's slightly inconvenient, I love how it's a ritual to turn on the LAu. Everytime I imagine it saying "I'll play music when I'm good and ready damnit".

Lol. :D

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #455 of 808
There is something to the ritualistic process and the settling into the start of a listening session.

Yeah, I love the "clunk" of the relays announcing Goldie is ready to play!

Oct 28, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #456 of 808
Looks like my LAu has landed in London and set for actual delivery on 1st November.
biggrin.gif

I chose USPS from Cavalli.
Does anyone have experience with USPS for international delivery and if they will contact me regarding the duty to pay before actual delivery can be made?
This is all new to me!
Many thanks in advance. Its nearly here
beerchug.gif

Oct 28, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #457 of 808
  Looks like my LAu has landed in London and set for actual delivery on 1st November.
biggrin.gif

Does anyone have experience with USPS for international delivery and if they will contact me regarding the duty to pay before actual delivery can be made?
This is all new to me!
Many thanks in advance. Its nearly here
beerchug.gif

i chose fedex because they normally deliver and then contact you to pay charges.  This didnt happen with the LAU.  My experience with USPS has usually been slower and always involved payment of duties pre delivery - usually without contact  - so i would suggest if their tracking info says its cleared sorting i would ring up and get them to check the duty owed and pay it over the phone.  this should speed things up for you.  without this delivery on the 1st may not take place. 

Oct 28, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #458 of 808
Looks like my LAu has landed in London and set for actual delivery on 1st November. :D
This is all new to me!
Many thanks in advance. Its nearly here :beerchug:

With USPS to Canada once it crossed the border it gets tracked with Canada Post. My postal carrier just charged me at the door. Then again, none of this is relevant to the UK.

Oct 28, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #459 of 808
Although it's slightly inconvenient, I love how it's a ritual to turn on the LAu. Everytime I imagine it saying "I'll play music when I'm good and ready damnit".

Lol.
biggrin.gif

I am most impressed with my LAu just received a week ago and still going through burn-in.  I can imagine it will perform even more impressively after the process.
I would like to check with new owners on how long the startup delay usually is with their LAu.  Mine is a 230V unit and upon pressing the front power button, the W light will turn from orange to white in about 3-4 mins, after which the H light changes from orange to white in about 20 secs after that.  
It seems a long wait and I am wondering if this is similar to 110V units.
Appreciate anyone's feedback.

Oct 28, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #460 of 808
The one time I paid attention to the clock it was about 2 minutes. But not timed.

Oct 28, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #461 of 808
I'd say around 2-3 minutes, but I've never timed it. Cheers 

Oct 28, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #462 of 808
Mine is 1 minute 51 seconds for the first stage and another 24 seconds for the second stage. So 2 minutes 15 seconds total time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back