Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Jul 8, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #466 of 5,933
LOL you were close

So pretty much yup

So much for being a loyal wave supporter and purchasing multiple units early! :frowning2:

Seriously unhappy about upgrades and now this.

Jul 8, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #467 of 5,933
Yeah, I don't think the IEM package is all that necessary on the base model....It already has lower output.  On the X and XD models it may be more of a concern though.

Ok, so I will play along with that... But since it is indeed offered and even recommended for all levels, that would mean....

Either:

1) this is an unnecessary "upgrade" in the first place that try to milk supporter to pay more than they intended or need to.

Or:
2) it is a legitimate "upgrade" that really enable it to work with IEM but should have been the case from day one when one back for a, what is that again, oh the "No-compromise Portable Music Player"

So, either the backers are suckers to pay $128 more than they should, or they are suckers who got bait and switched from $169 or $299 or whatever to the thing they should get for $128 more.

So, which is the case? I just see in ANY case this is a "sucker's perk", more so than any of the others.

Jul 8, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #468 of 5,933
If you haven't yet selected the iem perk, do you qualify for the gain switch if they hit $1 million? 

Jul 8, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #469 of 5,933
Either:

1) this is an unnecessary "upgrade" in the first place that try to milk supporter to pay more than they intended or need to.

Or:
2) it is a legitimate "upgrade" that really enable it to work with IEM but should have been the case from day one when one back for a, what is that again, oh the "No-compromise Portable Music Player"

So, either the backers are suckers to pay $128 more than they should, or they are suckers who got bait and switched from $169 or $299 or whatever to the thing they should get for $128 more.

So, which is the case? I just see in ANY case this is a "sucker's perk", more so than any of the others.

No-compromise Portable Music Player if you pay more and more for it haha.
I was looking for an easy to use DAP but this company don`t looks really serious.

These "upgrades" are silly

Jul 8, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #470 of 5,933
  If you haven't yet selected the iem perk, do you qualify for the gain switch if they hit $1 million? 

I understand your question as "If I back the IEM perk after they reach $1M will I still get the gain switch?" So if I understood correctly, then the answer is yes. But the IEM perk is a requirement to have the switch installed.

Jul 8, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #471 of 5,933
Ok, so I will play along with that... But since it is indeed offered and even recommended for all levels, that would mean....

Either:

Or:

To be honest, the only game your are, to paraphrase, "willing to play" seems to be that of troll.  I won't feed you, sorry.  I usually refrain from negative posts...I made an exception.

I mean seriously, what is the point of even joining a forum like this?  Just go to amazon or fleabay and buy the cheapest possible device.

Jul 8, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #472 of 5,933

To be honest, the only game your are, to paraphrase, "willing to play" seems to be that of troll.  I won't feed you, sorry.  I usually refrain from negative posts...I made an exception.

I mean seriously, what is the point of even joining a forum like this?  Just go to amazon or fleabay and buy the cheapest possible device.

No no no.. he is expressing legitimate concerns.  I have tried to find my way through the maze and order what i want and need but gave up. They need to make a list of models with prices and STOP all this ridiculous PERK nonsense. Too clever by half and yes they are milking backers unnecessarily.

The point of joining a forum is to learn and express, and of course give feedback. Some companies watch the forums and act according to that feedback or intelligently address concerns. Others have incognito reps on the forums trying to squash negative feedback which is kind of stupid.

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #473 of 5,933
Please read the quote I responded to.  you are bringing up an entirely different issue all together, I notice you own an AK240, a $2500 device.  I believe the Wave may be competitive at a fraction of the cost.  Who got "milked"?

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #474 of 5,933

You can report me for trolling if you truly think so! But do share whether you think if the IEM perk is needed for each of the wave models. :) if they all need it, it proves something. If they don't all need it, it proves another thing. :wink:

I will let others to decide what they think of LH's giving an IEM "perk" for themselves. This does seriously affected my view of LH's sincerity and my trust for them. It also raise questions for me to really think about how much of their other perks and claims I could/should trust.

Anyone can form your own opinion :)

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #475 of 5,933
I responded directly to your quote...

I bought the AK240 after having read about it extensively from user feedback and having tried one myself. Not an option with the Geek Wave.

I did not want to spend that kind of money on a DAP but it really is the best sounding unit out there so i made the choice after audition and lots of thought. "Milked" is totally inappropriate.

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #476 of 5,933
  I responded directly to your quote...

I bought the AK240 after having read about it extensively from user feedback and having tried one myself. Not an option with the Geek Wave.

I did not want to spend that kind of money on a DAP but it really is the best sounding unit out there so i made the choice after audition and lots of thought. "Milked" is totally inappropriate.

It appears we have yet again had a communication break down.  I asked that you read the quote that I was responding to concerning the IEM troll game that kkcc is trying to play.  You defended him but for a separate issue, "make my way through the maze...."

"milked" inappropriate, so ripped off then?

Opinions: to each their own.  I have no trouble navigating the "maze"

I find yours to be one steeped in hypocrisy.

Anyway enough is enough.

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #477 of 5,933
You can report me for trolling if you truly think so! But do share whether you think if the IEM perk is needed for each of the wave models.
smily_headphones1.gif
if they all need it, it proves something. If they don't all need it, it proves another thing.
wink.gif

I will let others to decide what they think of LH's giving an IEM "perk" for themselves. This does seriously affected my view of LH's sincerity and my trust for them. It also raise questions for me to really think about how much of their other perks and claims I could/should trust.

Anyone can form your own opinion
smily_headphones1.gif

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  Your "one thing proves another" hypothesis is not well formed as a logic argument and proves nothing.  The IEM perk simply gives one the finer volume control and a few other benefits as well, such as lower noise floor.  It is possible to read the story page and come to your own conclusions.

Haters gonna hate...you win.

Cheers

Jul 9, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #479 of 5,933
Haters gonna hate...you win.

Cheers

Not interested in "winning" or "losing" or argue.

I started genuinely trying to understand when the IEM perks came out, do I need it.

For wave32/64 it's just 160mW.. Maybe I don't need it? But then I do own sensitive IEMs like tg334 or jh13 and have had highly regarded dac/amp hissed with them.... But it's JUST 160mW.... But LH won't put this out if there isn't a need... But just to be safe I should still probably get it... But it's 3/4 of the price of the wave32, and almost half of that of wave64.... But I don't want hiss.. But it's expensive!... But I would be so pissed if people who didn't get the IEM perk don't have hissing with their jh or fitear... But would it be different for 128? X128? XD?.. yea probably as they recommended for XD.... But why give it to wave32/64 if it isn't needed?

But of course no one would know..... The more I thought about it, the worse I feel backing this project and the less this perk make any sense to me.

I had said I have no issue with features perks like wifi, Bluetooth, dock, source, etc. As we have a pretty good idea if we need or want it or not. Less so for THD, DAD, and really What for me with the IEM.

Jul 9, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #480 of 5,933
Not interested in "winning" or "losing" or argue.

I started genuinely trying to understand when the IEM perks came out, do I need it.

For wave32/64 it's just 160mW.. Maybe I don't need it? But then I do own sensitive IEMs like tg334 or jh13 and have had highly regarded dac/amp hissed with them.... But it's JUST 160mW.... But LH won't put this out if there isn't a need... But just to be safe I should still probably get it... But it's 3/4 of the price of the wave32, and almost half of that of wave64.... But I don't want hiss.. But it's expensive!... But I would be so pissed if people who didn't get the IEM perk don't have hissing with their jh or fitear... But would it be different for 128? X128? XD?.. yea probably as they recommended for XD.... But why give it to wave32/64 if it isn't needed?

But of course no one would know..... The more I thought about it, the worse I feel backing this project and the less this perk make any sense to me.

I had said I have no issue with features perks like wifi, Bluetooth, dock, source, etc. As we have a pretty good idea if we need or want it or not. Less so for THD, DAD, and really What for me with the IEM.

alright, alright...chillax, :)  I see your dilemma, personally I would get the IEM perk if you are concerned about hiss, because, once the campaign hits $999,999 you will also get a gain switch.  Yes, this is of less importance on the 160mW models, but it does give you a little added flexibility and insurance against hiss.  The problem with the Wave is it is still just a concept with a working prototype, not even the engineer can be certain at this point.  It is a gamble, If one can not stomach it or chooses not to take on the additional risk, then wait for the retail release after the "guinea" pigs(myself included) have chimed in.

In short, no one can answer for sure if its absolutely necessary.  The goals of the IEM perk are to lower the noise floor, improve DC offset and provide finer volume control.  Will the base 64 without IEM be dead quiet? I hope so.

This may not be any help....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back