LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Sep 6, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #1,336 of 2,040
So I've now had experience with all three of the V2+ cases - 1) the 3D printed plastic "Full Monty", 2) the 3D printed plastic /aluminum plate "hybrid", and finally 3) the aluminum plate/injection molded plastic "professional" version. The sound of all three of these V2+'s (all have been the Infinity versions) have been great, but the latest is honestly where it should have all started. It not only sounds great, it also looks good. It's been a long, winding path, but the final destination is a good one IMHO. Cheers 

PS - The V2+ Infinity is scary-close to the SQ of the Pulse Infinity - no joke. 

Sep 7, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #1,337 of 2,040
If that SQ equates with the Wave, will be a happy monkey (dog). 
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #1,338 of 2,040
The crackling I get is from using the iphone as a source.

LH Labs confirmed they were able to recreate it themselves but have not responded to my ticket in several weeks.

Sep 7, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #1,339 of 2,040
Ok thanks! just wondering because mine worked (w/ android)

Sep 8, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #1,341 of 2,040
  So I've now had experience with all three of the V2+ cases - 1) the 3D printed plastic "Full Monty", 2) the 3D printed plastic /aluminum plate "hybrid", and finally 3) the aluminum plate/injection molded plastic "professional" version. The sound of all three of these V2+'s (all have been the Infinity versions) have been great, but the latest is honestly where it should have all started. It not only sounds great, it also looks good. It's been a long, winding path, but the final destination is a good one IMHO. Cheers 

PS - The V2+ Infinity is scary-close to the SQ of the Pulse Infinity - no joke. 

Do you have pictures of all of these?

I was trying to tell a friend of mine about the GOV2+ /Infinity the other day and all the pics online suck. I can't reliably say that I've seen a single v3, "professional" version picture anywhere. There are lots of v1, "full monty" 3D printed, computer design renders, a few 3D printed actual pics, then much fewer v2, hybrid pics, and then not any "professional" ones. It be interesting to see some side by side shots of them if you had them.

If not, some nicer, clear v3 pics would be cool. And connect it up to your phone too, get some "i actually use it like this", not all doctored and posed kind of pics. 

Lots of requests in there, but it just kind of hit a nerve as I was literally just trying to tell a friend about it and came up VERY dry.

Sep 8, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #1,342 of 2,040
  Do you have pictures of all of these?

I was trying to tell a friend of mine about the GOV2+ /Infinity the other day and all the pics online suck. I can't reliably say that I've seen a single v3, "professional" version picture anywhere. There are lots of v1, "full monty" 3D printed, computer design renders, a few 3D printed actual pics, then much fewer v2, hybrid pics, and then not any "professional" ones. It be interesting to see some side by side shots of them if you had them.

If not, some nicer, clear v3 pics would be cool. And connect it up to your phone too, get some "i actually use it like this", not all doctored and posed kind of pics. 

Lots of requests in there, but it just kind of hit a nerve as I was literally just trying to tell a friend about it and came up VERY dry.

Benny - I'm currently traveling but will try to remember to take some shots of the new version of the V2+ Inf when I get home. Cheers

Sep 9, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #1,344 of 2,040
  Benny - I'm currently traveling but will try to remember to take some shots of the new version of the V2+ Inf when I get home. Cheers

Here's some pictures of the latest (and final?) version of the V2+ Infinity. Not professional pics, but hopefully these will be useful. Cheers

Sep 9, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #1,345 of 2,040
And as a reminder, here's some comparison shots of the original full 3D printed version, and then the aluminum panels with the 3D printed spine. Cheers

Sep 9, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #1,347 of 2,040
  mscott, does the newer version sound better than the mojo in balanced mode now that they made some tweaks to the device outside of the external casing?

I don't think they changed the internals of the V2+, only the V2A. As for is the V2+ Inf better than the Mojo, its a close race, and likely determined by your own SQ preferences as well as your use case (V2+ only has USB in while Mojo has optical, coax and USB). My preference is still slightly to the Mojo, by YMMV of course. Cheers 

Sep 10, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #1,348 of 2,040
  I don't think they changed the internals of the V2+, only the V2A. As for is the V2+ Inf better than the Mojo, its a close race, and likely determined by your own SQ preferences as well as your use case (V2+ only has USB in while Mojo has optical, coax and USB). My preference is still slightly to the Mojo, by YMMV of course. Cheers 

It's been my understanding that the 2A internals are the same as the V2+/Infinity models.

Sep 11, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #1,350 of 2,040
Have all the backers received their V2+ infinity?  I inquired on the status of my order with LH and they said they will ship mine by W4 September.  Has anyone been successful obtaining a refund?

Haven't received mine yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back