LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Aug 25, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #1,321 of 2,040
Balanced, but in a rather barebones rig... just:

Macbook pro/Amarra ==>> Go V2+ ==>> HD 800

And no other frills, apart from the music and my ears, of course...

Aug 25, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #1,323 of 2,040
Here: 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X2Q2SXG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Aug 25, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #1,324 of 2,040
Concerning accessory equipment for charging on the go, will the RAVPower Portable Charger 3-Port External Battery Pack with iSmart 2.0 Technology Power Bank be compatible for LH labs products? I read the warnings in the owners manuals on the support page, but I'm still not absolutely clear whether it's safe or not.

Aug 25, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #1,325 of 2,040
Well, that's exactly the same PowerBrick that I use.

LHLabs refer to the 'approved charger' but don't actually supply one.

I use a powermeter on my USB charging devices:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/DROK-Voltmeter-Multimeter-Extension-Wattmeter/dp/B00S4FHKKQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1472158711&sr=8-2&keywords=drok+tester

(It's not 'mini-usb', but usb/micro-usb)

You can get higher voltages from these powerbricks (eg 5.27v), but I usually find that their regulated output is pretty OK. Charging current is around 0.7A

Aug 25, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #1,326 of 2,040
One of Larry Ho"s main cans is HD800.

Yep. And sometimes he likes to actually wear them facing the correct way!

(sorry Larry, couldn't help myself!) 
beerchug.gif

Aug 26, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #1,327 of 2,040
Well, that's exactly the same PowerBrick that I use.

LHLabs refer to the 'approved charger' but don't actually supply one.

I use a powermeter on my USB charging devices:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/DROK-Voltmeter-Multimeter-Extension-Wattmeter/dp/B00S4FHKKQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1472158711&sr=8-2&keywords=drok+tester

(It's not 'mini-usb', but usb/micro-usb)

You can get higher voltages from these powerbricks (eg 5.27v), but I usually find that their regulated output is pretty OK. Charging current is around 0.7A
This is Matt from Technical Support, I received your ticket from Gina regarding the technical specs of a Battery Back-up Charger? The max output for the charger can only be 5V, anything higher and you risk blowing a regulator or damaging the unit itself.
According to what has been acquired from the website here are the specs:

USB Output: 5V / 2.4A Max Type-C Output: 5V / 3A Max QC 3.0 Output: 5V / 2.4A, 6.5V~9V / 1.5A, 9V~12V / 1.2A Max
(He's speaking of the Ravpower 20100mAh)

This should then be okay to use with our products as long as this has a 5V output.

Aug 29, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #1,328 of 2,040
Soooo, I got back from vacation and received my upgraded case version of the V2+ Infinity, or so I thought...

I was sent the V2+ with the two modes instead of three. The case looks way better, but I'm not happy about the downgrade.

Hoping this was a mistake. Had to create a new ticket on this to check.

Aug 29, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #1,329 of 2,040
Soooo, I got back from vacation and received my upgraded case version of the V2+ Infinity, or so I thought...

I was sent the V2+ with the two modes instead of three. The case looks way better, but I'm not happy about the downgrade.

Hoping this was a mistake. Had to create a new ticket on this to check.
That bites big time! I know it's emotional and it hurts, but they're going to fix you up promptly I'm sure!! If it were me, I'd ask them to over night it. I don't believe there would be too much static in this case, a mistake is a mistake! The V2+ Infinity is an ass kicker!! I just listened to some bass boosted rap instrumentals on YouTube through J River with my V Moda m-100's and my Skillcandy iem's, all I can say is Ooooooweeee, Yeaahh! LH Labs Rocks SUPER HARD!! I can't wait for my Lightspeed Revive to get here, I know this combo will be a doozy!
Good luck to you friend!

Sep 3, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #1,332 of 2,040
I've had my V2+ Infinity for about a week now and this week I also got my first balanced gear (one MMCX cable and the balanced Monk+) and I concur with everyone else bragging about the balanced output on the V2+Infinity, it's really really good.

I'm a Android Fi guy and I also really enjoy the way that the V2+Infinity interact with Android device's, definitely one of the best options I've come across in this aspect: internal battery, works natively with Android so even Spotify is fine to use on every device I've tried it with. Battery drain on the host device is also really low and still the V2+ Infinity has plenty of power. Of course it's not a bad thing that the sound is excellent either :)

I got my unit for review purpose so my full review should be available in a week or two if nothing unpredictable occurs.

Edit : I'm also waiting for the HE400i with a balanced cable, will be really interesting to test out this combo.

Sep 4, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #1,334 of 2,040
I would suggest to people to not order the Lightspeed Revive.

Mine creates horrible crackling noise when connected to my GO 1000 v1 with every imaginable source.

I bought the Revive specifically to use with this power-draining portable DAC/AMP.

After opening a ticket a couple of months ago, I have heard a month ago they can re-create the defect, and have gone silent over the past four-weeks.

smh

Sep 4, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #1,335 of 2,040
When you posted your experience I immediately tried my Revive w/ my GO1K. My Revive works perfectly with my Geek Pulse Infinity + LPS4 and wonder if it is NOT true with GO1K.

Reporting that my Revive is perfectly working fine with GO1K. Using it with my Galaxy Note 3. My Geek Pulse Infinity using it thru my Android Box. 

I have done this only briefly since its Sunday. Will edit this if I have more time to listen later.

Hoping you'll resolve yours.

UPDATE: Ok played an hour with varied bit rates of flac and dsd files. None of those crackling noises you have reported. Might be your unit is defective. Using my UM Mentor Universal IEM during evaluation. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back