LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Jan 19, 2017 at 6:25 AM Post #1,652 of 2,040
Well...well guys....for those of you owning a V2+ it´s time for an upgrade :wink:

http://marketplace-lhlabs.com/go2pro-limited-signature-edition-upgrade/

so huuuuuuuuuuuuurry up...

Edit: but as always with LHL descriptions, clarification is still needed: is the upgrade price for sending in a V2+ or V2+ Infinity....or same price independent from the version????

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #1,653 of 2,040
  Well...well guys....for those of you owning a V2+ it´s time for an upgrade :wink:

Edit: but as always with LHL descriptions, clarification is still needed: is the upgrade price for sending in a V2+ or V2+ Infinity....or same price independent from the version????

Well, I don't know what to do. Man...I just got the infinity.
confused.gif
 $380 is a pretty hefty price. Haven't even got a response for the faulty unit that was addressed days ago....

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #1,656 of 2,040
I have the GO V2 +, which I enjoy very much.  I have asked myself how much of an improvement in sq (if any) I can get for this upgrade (which is actually more expensive, at $380, than what I originally paid for the V2 + itself during the crowd-funding campaign), and I cannot find any reason to justify the upgrade... (I only care about the SQ, not about the looks of the GO2pro or its value as a limited release signature edition... bla, bla, bla...)

I have to say that the rep of LH LABS for causing unexpected delivery delays is not helping me either to warm up to the upgrade idea (Hell, they promised a pouch/carrying case for the V2 +, which I have still not received, and no longer expect to receive)...

These are my thoughts so far...but YMMV, as usual... If you have anything related to add, I'd be happy to listen
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #1,657 of 2,040

Dont' forget you are paying not just the price but for 2-6 months of delays after sending in your unit for the upgrade :p

The new chassis looks pretty sweet but I think i'll pass.

Jan 19, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #1,658 of 2,040
Dont' forget you are paying not just the price but for 2-6 months of delays after sending in your unit for the upgrade :p

The new chassis looks pretty sweet but I think i'll pass.

Yep... Chassis is definitely a step ahead from the other versions but the price is definitely tooooo steep from my point of view.

Speaking of prices... I needed to look twice that they intended to charge $9k for the Source SE...

Jan 19, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #1,659 of 2,040
  I have the GO V2 +, which I enjoy very much.  I have asked myself how much of an improvement in sq (if any) I can get for this upgrade (which is actually more expensive, at $380, than what I originally paid for the V2 + itself during the crowd-funding campaign), and I cannot find any reason to justify the upgrade... (I only care about the SQ, not about the looks of the GO2pro or its value as a limited release signature edition... bla, bla, bla...)

I have to say that the rep of LH LABS for causing unexpected delivery delays is not helping me either to warm up to the upgrade idea (Hell, they promised a pouch/carrying case for the V2 +, which I have still not received, and no longer expect to receive)...

These are my thoughts so far...but YMMV, as usual... If you have anything related to add, I'd be happy to listen
smily_headphones1.gif

You didn't miss anything by not receiving the pouch. It's ugly and is useful only as protective storage case. There's no practical way to use the device while it's in the case.  There is room in the internal pocket to hold the OTG cable and USB adapter, though.  

My device sounds great after a lengthy burn in. I'm intrigued by the idea of even more performance; but, that price, and the likelihood of seemingly endless delays, gives me much pause...  Oh, and the new case/chassis looks pretty sweet, too.

Jan 19, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #1,660 of 2,040

These are my thoughts so far...but YMMV, as usual... If you have anything related to add, I'd be happy to listen:)  
My friend, without going into much detail about it, this thing is next level and please take my word as a grain of salt ! Forget about cosmetics l, the sound quality will be PHENOMENAL! You will be cheating yourself by not jumping on this !!! This is sound advice from a friend with experience, NOT HEAR SAY!! If you do ? YOU WILL LOVE IT !!!

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #1,661 of 2,040
My friend, without going into much detail about it, this thing is next level and please take my word as a grain of salt ! Forget about cosmetics l, the sound quality will be PHENOMENAL! You will be cheating yourself by not jumping on this !!! This is sound advice from a friend with experience, NOT HEAR SAY!! If you do ? YOU WILL LOVE IT !!!

Okay, thanks for that input, but could you kindly elaborate a little bit more on the sq improvements one can expect from this upgrade?  What are the advantages of the Dual Femto Clocks they're going to add and the custom component matched firmware they're talking about?  Any thoughts regarding the concrete improvements these are going to bring would be appreciated.

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #1,662 of 2,040
Okay, thanks for that input, but could you kindly elaborate a little bit more on the sq improvements one can expect from this upgrade?  What are the advantages of the Dual Femto Clocks they're going to add and the custom component matched firmware they're talking about?  Any thoughts regarding the concrete improvements these are going to bring would be appreciated.
We are talking spaciousness and soundstage out of this world, everything is set in its place as it is with your current V2+, but it's multiplied by ten. I guess that is the best way for me to explain it... If you think you like your amp now, these upgrades will drive you into pure insanity ! The time it takes for your amp to ship and ship back IS WELL WORTH THE WAIT! I hope this helps you as far as sound quality.

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #1,664 of 2,040
Well, I was an LH Labs fan until my screen on my Pulse X Infinity gave out 8 days ago. Multiple posts after a first reply to set up a repair, and no response.

I was one of the few who still liked this company, but if you give this level of service to someone who spent over $1,000 on your products years ago and still don't have them all.... you're not going to have many fans left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back