LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
Dec 3, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #676 of 1,391

How did you buy this? where can I buy it? and how does it sound?

The Signature Edition GOs are always limited release and have sold out rapidly both times they were offered. LH Labs isn't making any more, so you're only chance of finding one now is places like the for sale threads and eBay.

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #677 of 1,391
I'd still stand by those comments. After redoing the test I agree the Mojo is indeed better, but then at twice the price it should be (not that this always works out in practice). On the repeat it had the dynamics that a few dB of volume had robbed in the first test, but was still less fatiguing than the GOV2.

Twice the price? Here in the US, the Mojo is $600. The v2+ is either $400 or $650.

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #678 of 1,391
Dec 5, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #679 of 1,391
  Yes, twice the price. GOV2 is $299.99.

Mojo is battery powered, the regular v2 is not, so I wouldn't really compare em.

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #680 of 1,391
  Mojo is battery powered, the regular v2 is not, so I wouldn't really compare em.

You can change the context if you choose. I am stating that the original poster was correct - the cost of the Mojo is twice the cost of the GOV2.

Whether or not the two products should be compared, the Mojo to the version of the Geek Out without battery, is a different topic. Yet that comparison question has been asked multiple times.

Since you bring up the new topic, have you heard either version of the GOV2+ and the Mojo? What are you comments?

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #681 of 1,391
  You can change the context if you choose. I am stating that the original poster was correct - the cost of the Mojo is twice the cost of the GOV2.

Whether or not the two products should be compared, the Mojo to the version of the Geek Out without battery, is a different topic. Yet that comparison question has been asked multiple times.

Since you bring up the new topic, have you heard either version of the GOV2+ and the Mojo? What are you comments?

Ah, I'm a bit out of the loop then, but yeah, that's correct.

Then if there is a demand for it, then it should be expounded upon.

I have not. I was in the market for a DAC under $500 to go with a new amp.

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #682 of 1,391
  Ah, I'm a bit out of the loop then, but yeah, that's correct.

Then if there is a demand for it, then it should be expounded upon.

I have not. I was in the market for a DAC under $500 to go with a new amp.

I'm going to go way off topic here, so I hope the thread-gods forgive me...

I am a fanboy of the Schiit DACs. Though I similarly think it would be nice to have another company, such as LH Labs, produce items that are price competitive with Schiit - you know, to give people another option with a slightly different flavor of sound. I think their desktop units are a little expensive 
frown.gif

Mojo, to my ears, is not a DAC. It is just a fantastic DAC/AMP. Perhaps as people in the other thread for the V2+ get their products, we'll start to hear some comparisons between it an the Mojo.

Dec 5, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #683 of 1,391
  I'm going to go way off topic here, so I hope the thread-gods forgive me...

I am a fanboy of the Schiit DACs. Though I similarly think it would be nice to have another company, such as LH Labs, produce items that are price competitive with Schiit - you know, to give people another option with a slightly different flavor of sound. I think their desktop units are a little expensive 
frown.gif

Mojo, to my ears, is not a DAC. It is just a fantastic DAC/AMP. Perhaps as people in the other thread for the V2+ get their products, we'll start to hear some comparisons between it an the Mojo.

Haha. Yeah, I agree. There's the Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus and the Parasound zdac v2 for Dac's. 

Dec 5, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #684 of 1,391
Does anyone have experience with both the Audiolab MDAC and the GOv2?

Lately I've been considering down grading from the mdac to the GOv2 as from an initial glance it seems a bit more cost effective for what you're paying

Dec 8, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #685 of 1,391
From people's experience, is the V2 well worth the 100 extra for the GO1000? I just ordered the GO1000 and asked people in the GO1000 thread the same question. I know that people while have different experiences and opinions. I would like to know them. Thanks you! 

Dec 9, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #686 of 1,391
  From people's experience, is the V2 well worth the 100 extra for the GO1000? I just ordered the GO1000 and asked people in the GO1000 thread the same question. I know that people while have different experiences and opinions. I would like to know them. Thanks you! 

I cannot find the specification right now. However you should note that the GOV2 is truly meant to be used in balanced mode. That is the single-ended output is significantly restricted in terms of power output. With my power-hungry (relatively speaking) headphones, I disliked the single-ended output sound from the GOV2. The balanced output is very nice, and I would guess a sonic upgrade from the GO1000.

Though I cannot find the exact quote, I recall the GOV2 is only high power (1 watt) through balanced, and is significantly less powerful through the single-ended output. And IIRC the GO1000 is high power (1 watt) from the single-ended output, which is its only output.

Dec 9, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #687 of 1,391

i think so, i can hear the difference in my car music server with the V2 (replaced go450) output into aux in of my kenwood front end.
haven't compared with headphones though :)

Dec 9, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #688 of 1,391
I went from go450 to gov2 and it's a large improvement as a pure dac with 3.5mm to rca to my pre/speaker amp. The single ended output for headphones seems about the same power as my go450 was, which was not quite enough for my 50 ohms he560. Bal out has plenty of power for them

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #689 of 1,391
I am very interested in GOV2 but is very confused on the where/when to order.  I read about the poor quality 3D printed case and would like to wait for a possible "improved" version (if it is planed?)  I apologize for not having time to browsing on the Internet to figure out what is the current status.  And I appreciate some nice headfiers to help me with some update.  My questions are
* Is it current in stock with Amazon or any other place?
* Are these currently in-stock store sell the "ugly" version or improved version (or when will there be improved version)?

Thanks a lot for the info.  This is a rather confused product to follow.  :)

Dec 10, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #690 of 1,391
The V2 is not getting a revised case to the best of my knowledge, only the V2+ model. I believe Amazon has current stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back