LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Sep 30, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #3,076 of 3,525
what is that ?

It's an app that gives you the capability to to override the power limiter, which is built into the phone.
This can give up to 50mw, I think. In high gain, which is impressive for a phone, (the only other way to trigger it is through a high impedance device to gain high power.
Mid power can be achieved through the use of an extension adapter without Alsa, or rooting the phone).

And you have the control to change the gain from no power to mid to high using this, it's actually variable power out, heaps better than no control. The caveat is the phone must be root level access to use it.

Also it sounds much better in high gain with my p7, really drives them hard.

Sep 30, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #3,077 of 3,525
I dont think jmills is planning to use the v10 built in headphone output, but it is useful to have if you are rooted and make use of the hifi dac.

If you dont use the hifi dac built into the v10 or not rooted there is not much point in running alsamixer.

I am not rooted but if i was i would install ALSA mixer.

Sep 30, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #3,078 of 3,525
I dont think jmills is planning to use the v10 built in headphone output, but it is useful to have if you are rooted and make use of the hifi dac.

If you dont use the hifi dac built into the v10 or not rooted there is not much point in running alsamixer.

I am not rooted but if i was i would install ALSA mixer.
Correct.

Sep 30, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #3,079 of 3,525
I think if he set this phone up with the right setup, he might not even be bothered with the mojo.

It's also very handy when going light weight with iem's, I actually really enjoy this phone with my high end iem's. It's almost unbelievable that a phone sounds this good.

Sep 30, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #3,080 of 3,525
I think if he set this phone up with the right setup, he might not even be bothered with the mojo.

It's also very handy when going light weight with iem's, I actually really enjoy this phone with my high end iem's. It's almost unbelievable that a phone sounds this good.

I agree 100%, the v10's capabilities with the Hifi DAC enabled really surprised me and made me shelve a few DAPs in all honesty. however the mojo is a bit of a special case..... personally if i had a Mojo strapped to my V10 i'd probably use that until the battery died, and then keep listening with the Hifi DAC until Mojo is charged again...

Sep 30, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #3,081 of 3,525
I agree 100%, the v10's capabilities with the Hifi DAC enabled really surprised me and made me shelve a few DAPs in all honesty. however the mojo is a bit of a special case..... personally if i had a Mojo strapped to my V10 i'd probably use that until the battery died, and then keep listening with the Hifi DAC until Mojo is charged again...
Thats a good plan.

Sep 30, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #3,083 of 3,525

I use my V10 with Poweramp, and adjust the equalizer frequently. I really don't need anything better. The only limitation is the quality of my headphones, IEM or earbuds.

Sep 30, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #3,084 of 3,525
I use my V10 with Poweramp, and adjust the equalizer frequently. I really don't need anything better. The only limitation is the quality of my headphones, IEM or earbuds.

I've found the v10 scales really well with the hi-fi DAC, it becomes obvious with high end iem's, when u flick the hi-fi DAC.

It's worth using quality high end iem's, I am using 10ba iems with the v10, and it handles them really well, no noise, and very clean output, with abundance of power,I also tweak the bass a bit with the equalisers. Sometimes I feel I could easily just get by with my v10, on its own.

Sep 30, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #3,085 of 3,525
I've found the v10 scales really well with the hi-fi DAC, it becomes obvious with high end iem's, when u flick the hi-fi DAC.

It's worth using quality high end iem's, I am using 10ba iems with the v10, and it handles them really well, no noise, and very clean output, with abundance of power,I also tweak the bass a bit with the equalisers. Sometimes I feel I could easily just get by with my v10, on its own.

Which iems are you using? I use Rhaosodio Solar at the moment and they sound great with the hifi dac. Tight deep bass excellent soundstage and details. Can't imagine they will sound better with a mojo or a top tier dap(but they probably will) :)

Sep 30, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #3,086 of 3,525
Which iems are you using? I use Rhaosodio Solar at the moment and they sound great with the hifi dac. Tight deep bass excellent soundstage and details. Can't imagine they will sound better with a mojo or a top tier dap(but they probably will) :)

This might help

Sep 30, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #3,088 of 3,525
Don't worry i won't buy a mojo
smily_headphones1.gif

I use Tidal so not possible, maybe one day i will buy a top tier dap that works 100 % with Tidal. How much difference between mojo/V10 ?

the UAPP App lets you stream tidal through your dac! I got a sony zx2 for the same reason, but tbh, I miss my mojo. I have to repurchase one once funds comein :)

Sep 30, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #3,089 of 3,525

Same, I use the Solar IEM's, what a good combo, sounds great, the zx2 sounds more realistic and has a more analog sound, but comes at a price.

But on the go the v10 is all I need.

Just a quick question @stenog, how easy is it for you to pick the hi-fi DAC, when you switch over to the standard SOC DAC and compare them?

Sep 30, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #3,090 of 3,525
  the UAPP App lets you stream tidal through your dac! I got a sony zx2 for the same reason, but tbh, I miss my mojo. I have to repurchase one once funds comein :)

I would kill for it to be able to play offline tidal - my daily commute is over water, and the signal is weak at best; playing offline would be marvelous (especially with how bad tidal's app is... ugh)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back