Lets Talk Metal
Apr 14, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #9,301 of 29,662
Quote:
Going to see Ghost live in May. I heard they put on one helluva a show. I have not heard the new album other than Secular Haze which was great. It's out Tuesday so I should have a review next week or so (we have SO much to review).

I really liked Year Zero.

Apr 15, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #9,305 of 29,662
Quote:
Ok guys, you NEED to give this one a listen. I'm actually surprised no one has mentioned it yet. One of the best debuts I've ever heard and one of the best albums this year.

Anciients - Heart of Oak

http://seasonofmistcatalogue.bandcamp.com/album/heart-of-oak

Sounds like Barren Earth + Opeth + Ana Kefr, if you can imagine that!

really cool album, huge mix of styles! 

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #9,306 of 29,662
Quote:
Going to see Ghost live in May. I heard they put on one helluva a show. I have not heard the new album other than Secular Haze which was great. It's out Tuesday so I should have a review next week or so (we have SO much to review).

I don't know how much David Axelrod you have heard, but this is totally influenced by his albums.Maybe better if someone is not used to listening to the late Electric Prunes releases which were really fully made by Axelrod with the record company putting Electric Prunes on the cover for saleability. 

If your parents made you go to church a ton as a 6 year old, you may be like many with it being your first "live" musical experience? This music is a derivative of church music, along with a perfect understanding of BOC!

Nice for me anyway to listen to something different after 33 albums of Vader!!!! lol

Here it is in full, while it lasts here.

Apr 15, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #9,310 of 29,662
Apr 15, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #9,311 of 29,662
This hyper-tech thing is lost on me, sorry guys. Braindrill and Rings of Saturn..........

Apr 15, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #9,312 of 29,662
So i got this bad boy in today Trogdor, and youll be happy to know, I did a pretty quick and dirty needledrop with my old macbook pro, just using its line in and audacity, of the first track. And it got a DR of 8 compared to the DR of 3 the CD version gets, sounds quite a bit more open, i think the drums are still a lost cause, but they are sampled to begin with.

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #9,313 of 29,662
So i got this bad boy in today Trogdor, and youll be happy to know, I did a pretty quick and dirty needledrop with my old macbook pro, just using its line in and audacity, of the first track. And it got a DR of 8 compared to the DR of 3 the CD version gets, sounds quite a bit more open, i think the drums are still a lost cause, but they are sampled to begin with.

Yeah Soup's my guess is that album will always sound like crap. Period. These guys concept of mastering is a joke.

This message was brought to you by the letter 'D' and the letter 'T':

Users who are viewing this thread

Back