Lets Talk Metal
Apr 12, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #9,271 of 29,661

Yummy

Apr 12, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #9,272 of 29,661
Quote:
All this talk of Nightwish for the last several pages has gotten me to try to get into them for like the millionth time. For some reason they just dont do it for me at all, even Tarja just doesnt do anything for me. The only female fronted symphonic metal i can get into is Within Temptation. Their CD The Silent Force is amazing, and I think one of the best CDs in the genre. Theyve gotten a lot "rockier" since then, so I dont listen to their later stuff nearly as much.

Two of my favorites 

And i have to throw this in their for some more awesome female fronted Power Metal, it doesnt really get better than Triosphere!

Trogdor, im also sad, i had completely forgotten that Battle Beast got a new singer, i hope shes as awesome as the last chick was!

I haven't heard this album. Sounds good.....

Agreed on their later stuff. NTL, In that vein, I think The Heart of Everything is a great record. I think it has qualities of the old and the new.

Apr 12, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #9,273 of 29,661
Ok guys, you NEED to give this one a listen. I'm actually surprised no one has mentioned it yet. One of the best debuts I've ever heard and one of the best albums this year.

Anciients - Heart of Oak

http://seasonofmistcatalogue.bandcamp.com/album/heart-of-oak

Sounds like Barren Earth + Opeth + Ana Kefr, if you can imagine that!

Apr 12, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #9,274 of 29,661
Quote:
Ok guys, you NEED to give this one a listen. I'm actually surprised no one has mentioned it yet. One of the best debuts I've ever heard and one of the best albums this year.

Haha, i was just listening to the entire thing on bandcamp and was going to link it too :p Im not sure i agree that its the best of the year, but it is really good!

this is another good one i just found, death metal i can actually stand to listen to

just saw this on twitter/facebook as well, colaboration between Bruce Soord of the Pineapple Thief and Jonas Renkse from Katatonia

Apr 12, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #9,275 of 29,661
Quote:

Haha, i was just listening to the entire thing on bandcamp and was going to link it too :p Im not sure i agree that its the best of the year, but it is really good!

I said one of. :p I'm sure these guys are going to go far, though.

Apr 12, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #9,277 of 29,661
nvm it was a b.s. post

Apr 12, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #9,278 of 29,661
Lul, band i manage went to a good studio, i went with them to make sure things went well. That session was just to get the base down so there is only one guitar, bass and drums. Drums sound sick, cymbals are brilliant and spaced beautifully.  Just got the outcome of it in my inbox. DR is insane:

It's a bit too dynamic as of now. I make sure it stays around ten, and ill also make sure to have a completely uncompressed 24/96 version for you guys. We will be back in the studio to finish the song on the 28th. Should have it for you guys to listen to not long after that.

Apr 12, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #9,280 of 29,661
Lul, band i manage went to a good studio, i went with them to make sure things went well. That session was just to get the base down so there is only one guitar, bass and drums. Drums sound sick, cymbals are brilliant and spaced beautifully.  Just got the outcome of it in my inbox. DR is insane:

It's a bit too dynamic as of now. I make sure it stays around ten, and ill also make sure to have a completely uncompressed 24/96 version for you guys. We will be back in the studio to finish the song on the 28th. Should have it for you guys to listen to not long after that.

Please!

DR17 is too much so is even DR14 (depends on the type of metal).

DR10-12 seems to be the sweet spot.

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #9,284 of 29,661
What Trogdor said, DR12 is the sweet spot. You could get away with DR10 but when given the chance you should always make a good example for the youngsters and mixing-inept out there.

My friend has a powerviolence band going, but with a good amount of encouragement he has left the mix dynamic, DR12 (11.9) to be exact.

http://sleepdisorderpv.bandcamp.com/track/plastic-existence

Do you hear how much punch and depth there is? Without quiet, there can be no loud. 

The link posted is for a compilation, but for formal release he is adding a drum solo and power electronics

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #9,285 of 29,661
Holy crap. This is amazing. The cover art got me, and the music kept me. I INSTANTLY thought Mastodon with a harder edge though.

It's soooo good. Gonna pick up the LP cut. If for nothing but the cover art because...******* it's beautiful.

EDIT: My first BROWN vinyl. I'm not even looking at anything else in this e-Shop...OH WAIT THERE'S A SPECIAL EDITION SEPTICFLESH LP THEY'RE ONLY PRESSING 100 OF.

Hey Macrocheesium...**** you. :wink:

Quote:

Anciients - Heart of Oak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back