Lets Talk Metal
Apr 20, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #22,982 of 29,687
[VIDEO] https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ACsjGT_ivJE [/VIDEO]

Apr 21, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #22,983 of 29,687
As of January.

https://graveland.bandcamp.com

[VIDEO]. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t9yfhfdFGjY [/VIDEO]

Apr 21, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #22,984 of 29,687
If I could go back in time to attend one concert, it'd be this one. Carcass in 1990, only Symphonies of Sickness songs, Jeff Walker still using a pitch shifter live, and a totally nuts crowd. The crowd was so wild they stopped playing. Thirty minutes of insanity and my all time favorite death metal (grindcore?) album. What about you guys? Any shows you wish you could have been at?.

Apr 21, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #22,985 of 29,687
Can't post videos here and may not really be "metal" for some, but for me, if I was born in the 80's, it would have been a Godflesh one, especially the 90-91 and 98-99 eras. Nowadays, and it's just me in the end, the only band that I personally would want to witness playing would be Bosse-de-Nage (only watched the first 25 minutes of the only posted full live performance so far).

Can't really imagine what would it be to be on either a 80's Napalm Death/Carcass or even an early 80's Discharge show though. "Nuts" may be the word, I guess. It's depressing to live in the digital and materialism era where tax is the king, really.

Apr 21, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #22,986 of 29,687
  What about you guys? Any shows you wish you could have been at?

Personally, the entire concept of concerts seems petty to me. I actually have a lot more experience performing on-stage than listening in-audience, at least when it comes to classical, jazz, and so on...and that was even more petty than the metal scene, in my opinion. I've only been to one metal concert. Although my favorite band was playing and I enjoyed it, the sound quality was laughably bad and the volume was so high it felt like it was going to destroy my hearing. It's not something I want to experience again. I generally dislike people (I'll take a tabby cat any day over a human) on top of that, so the whole "community" thing doesn't do it for me either.

I only really have a desire to listen to music at home in the highest quality. (Not in the sense of the recording, but the reproduction of it.)

I don't expect others to share my viewpoint, as I am by no means normal.

Apr 21, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #22,987 of 29,687
If I could go back in time to attend one concert, it'd be this one. Carcass in 1990, only Symphonies of Sickness songs, Jeff Walker still using a pitch shifter live, and a totally nuts crowd. The crowd was so wild they stopped playing. Thirty minutes of insanity and my all time favorite death metal (grindcore?) album. What about you guys? Any shows you wish you could have been at?.

[VIDEO]. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6yZA4TC_pt4 [/VIDEO]

I didn't even know about Sabbath till 72 or 73 when I talked my Mom into getting me a cassette of them. Still by 75 they were by far my favorite band. I found my musical self with them. But to see this single show would be the ultimate time machine trip for me. I've seen a ton of shows in my life, but my brother is a pro. He has spent $1000s going to a couple shows a week and flying to shows, following tours.

Music is a very non-involving listening experience most of the time, where all you can do is listen. Concerts seem to add a level of personal involvement which just does not take place at home. The fact that anything can happen at a concert. People jump on stage, guitar players trip and fall on cables, singers break their feet. It all goes down. Reality!

Still creating memorable personal listening experiences is what this hobby is all about. Though rock concerts always lend themselves more to stories though because it's a journey and a life experience . Getting there, having stupid drunk girls spill drinks in your car. The concert people, haha.

Apr 22, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #22,988 of 29,687
A concert I would have liked to attend was the second Sonisphere in Finland, which was hit by a downburst. Some artists had their instruments destroyed by the storm and some of them cancelled altogether, but Alice Cooper and Iron Maiden powered through after the storm with Slayer's instruments. Also right after the storm, Iggy and the Stooges performed without electricity with only guitars and a saxophone.

Apr 22, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #22,990 of 29,687
What about you guys? Any shows you wish you could have been at?.

Easy, I wish I could have been at the pinnacle moment in music history, i.e. when the KLF teamed up with Extreme Noise Terror to perform a thrashed-out version of the former's ambient house smash hit "3 a.m. Eternal" at the '92 BRIT awards to the horror of the legions of stiff upper lip, tuxedo-wearing music biz luminaries. The show climaxed with Bill Drummond (the other half of the KLF), grinning and supporting himself on a crutch, breaking out a machine gun and firing blanks over the heads of the stunned audience. As the band left the stage, an announcer declared that The KLF have left the music business. Later that night, The KLF dumped a dead sheep at a BRIT Awards after-party with a sign hung around its neck reading. Drummond and Cauty had planned to dump the sheep carcass and throw gallons of blood all over the aforementioned luminaries during their show or - I kid you not - chainsaw the legs of a real, living and breathing elephant they had considered bringing on stage with them, but these were a redline for the vegans in ENT. I've read that in the weeks before the award show, Drummond had become obsessed over the prospect of chopping his hand off while on stage and offering it as a sacrifice to the music industry. After the awards, they proceeded to, inter alia, delete their whole back catalog and burn £1 million (the grainy video of the latter is one of the most mesmerizing things I've ever seen).

For those interested, low quality videos of their performance can be found on youtube. I personally prefer the oral history and legend. You can also find a stellar studio version somewhere in the depths of the interwebz.

Apr 22, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #22,991 of 29,687
What about you guys? Any shows you wish you could have been at?.

Easy, I wish I could have been at the pinnacle moment in music history, i.e. when the KLF teamed up with Extreme Noise Terror to perform a thrashed-out version of the former's ambient house smash hit "3 a.m. Eternal" at the '92 BRIT awards to the horror of the legions of stiff upper lip, tuxedo-wearing music biz luminaries. The show climaxed with Bill Drummond (the other half of the KLF), grinning and supporting himself on a crutch, breaking out a machine gun and firing blanks over the heads of the stunned audience. As the band left the stage, an announcer declared that The KLF have left the music business. Later that night, The KLF dumped a dead sheep at a BRIT Awards after-party with a sign hung around its neck reading. Drummond and Cauty had planned to dump the sheep carcass and throw gallons of blood all over the aforementioned luminaries during their show or - I kid you not - chainsaw the legs of a real, living and breathing elephant they had considered bringing on stage with them, but these were a redline for the vegans in ENT. I've read that in the weeks before the award show, Drummond had become obsessed over the prospect of chopping his hand off while on stage and offering it as a sacrifice to the music industry. After the awards, they proceeded to, inter alia, delete their whole back catalog and burn £1 million (the grainy video of the latter is one of the most mesmerizing things I've ever seen).

For those interested, low quality videos of their performance can be found on youtube. I personally prefer the oral history and legend. You can also find a stellar studio version somewhere in the depths of the interwebz.

You win. That's the craziest thing I've ever heard.

Apr 23, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #22,992 of 29,687
Perfect Stoner/Doom for a rainy Saturday morning!

"Queen of All time" just rocks. The recording is way above average, too!

Apr 24, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #22,993 of 29,687

Apr 25, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #22,994 of 29,687

foobar2000 1.3.9 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1
log date: 2016-04-25 20:38:00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed: Fallujah / Dreamless
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DR         Peak         RMS     Duration Track
DR5        0.00 dB    -8.05 dB      3:30 01-Face of Death
DR5        0.00 dB    -7.22 dB      4:21 02-Adrenaline
DR5        0.00 dB    -7.32 dB      4:19 03-The Void Alone
DR5        0.00 dB    -6.73 dB      4:31 04-Abandon
DR5        0.00 dB    -6.66 dB      4:04 05-Scar Queen
DR6        0.00 dB    -8.42 dB      6:18 06-Dreamless
DR5        0.00 dB    -7.53 dB      4:17 07-The Prodigal Son
DR5        0.00 dB    -6.82 dB      4:32 08-Amber Gaze
DR6        0.00 dB    -9.92 dB      2:44 09-Fidelio
DR5        0.00 dB    -6.98 dB      6:14 10-Wind For Wings
DR4        0.00 dB    -7.63 dB      5:56 11-Les Silences
DR5        0.00 dB    -6.72 dB      4:53 12-Lacuna
Number of tracks:  12
Official DR value: DR5
Samplerate:        44100 Hz
Channels:          2
Bitrate:           320 kbps
Codec:             MP3
================================================================================

Small DR improvement.
Does sound better overall though.

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #22,995 of 29,687

Finally getting into this band. New video came out a couple days ago, I guess for new album as the last studio album was 2012.[VIDEO]. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FNdC_3LR2AI [/VIDEO]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back