Lets Talk Metal
Apr 29, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #23,011 of 29,687
Apr 29, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #23,013 of 29,687
Adding on, Pissgrave's Suicide Euphoria was pretty solid old-school death as well, although I can see why some didn't liked it. Spinned it a lot.

Evoken's Atra Mors was pretty solid doom, as much as I am not much a doom guy besides some Sunn O))), Boris and others. Subrosa is also another interesting band as well.

I will halt here as most other releases are either too hipstic/emo/not metal for some or just completely overlooked even by the likes of myself.

Really have to listen to Abyssal, as much as I don't have the appropriate setup with me for now, sadly.

Also, when I checked Krieg on Metal Archives, I am glad that they are finally on Profound Lore. Transient, which I find to be really underrated, should have released by him, not Candlelight, in my opinion.

Apr 29, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #23,014 of 29,687
Also, when I checked Krieg on Metal Archives, I am glad that they are finally on Profound Lore. Transient, which I find to be really underrated, should have released by him, not Candlelight, in my opinion.

Agreed, I think Transient deserved more hype than it got from Candlelight and fits in perfectly with other Profound Lore bands.

Apr 29, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #23,016 of 29,687
  Agreed, I think Transient deserved more hype than it got from Candlelight and fits in perfectly with other Profound Lore bands.

I'm a fan as well. I'd also put in a plug for Ash Borer.

Apr 29, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #23,017 of 29,687
Apr 30, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #23,019 of 29,687

Novit Enim Dominus Qui Sunt Eius is tuning out to be super fun as well. Different with only a slight sprinkle of post is just one place I have noticed. More guitar driven with this buzz-saw guitar everywhere but a ton at the end. Sounds like a bee hive of bees is abound.

Normally I don't notice how much a band sounds different with portable or home listening but Abyssal is a different cat. Sounds one way on a portable and different with full-size headphones. The mix is a wall and needs to be expanded to hear all the small little things. Really a lot of strange detail?? A whisle sound, shouts, talking in the background????? and more sound-bites on this record but a PRIZE!

Hope you like them!

Quote:
Adding on, Pissgrave's Suicide Euphoria was pretty solid old-school death as well, although I can see why some didn't liked it. Spinned it a lot.

Evoken's Atra Mors was pretty solid doom, as much as I am not much a doom guy besides some Sunn O))), Boris and others. Subrosa is also another interesting band as well.

I will halt here as most other releases are either too hipstic/emo/not metal for some or just completely overlooked even by the likes of myself.

Really have to listen to Abyssal, as much as I don't have the appropriate setup with me for now, sadly.

Free

https://abyssal-home.bandcamp.com/album/denouement

May 1, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #23,020 of 29,687
Profound Lore has/had some awesome bands. Besides what has been mentioned, all of these are worth checking out.

Hooded Menace
Artificial Brain
Star Gazer
Portal
Mitochondrion
Disma
Grave Miasma
Auroch

May 3, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #23,021 of 29,687
Released April 29, 2016.

Mistur "Attende" 2009, one of the best Black Metal albums I have ever heard.

2016 In Memoriam

This Mistur ends up being a favorite release of 2016. Epic is too small a word to explain the sound. Biggest sounding album of the year!

Finally another band to bring back the old feeling of Windir.

May 3, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #23,022 of 29,687
http://www.xasthur.bigcartel.com/product/subject-to-change-cd

May 3, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #23,024 of 29,687

I'm disappointed that he chose to continue Xasthur but now acoustic and not depressive BM like Xasthur is supposed to be. I think he'd be better off keeping the two projects separate.

I was lucky to get " A Gate Through Bloodstained Mirrors" remastered as a bonus disk with the very last Xasthur I purchased and will ever purchase. I never would have thought his "demo" would be so very good. Doing Burzum cover songs just shows the Burzum worship, I always thought was going on.

But yes, his acoustic is not very special to me. To think he could still make music like his old style if he wanted. Nothing stays the same, still we have his old recordings to listen to.Using the name is all about the money, right? The power of being noticed out there. I wish him well, still I will not be listening to it.

May 3, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #23,025 of 29,687

Users who are viewing this thread

Back