LCD-2 + (Schitt Lyr vs. Headroom Balanced)
Apr 19, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #48 of 95
Quote:
Took the past week off for some vacay / camping.  Good to give my ears a break to come back fresh.

So like I mentioned in an earlier post, the HumX didn't address / solve the particular issue.  A buddy, MoNelly, pointed me to the

Tripp Lite IS250 250W Isolation Transformer

It arrives tomorrow, cross them fingers.
Interesting.  Now hopefully THAT transformer doesn't hum ....... 
wink.gif

Apr 19, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #49 of 95
I hope the Tripp Lite work's out for You, I took a look at it on Amazon only 3 left so if You get good result's I can see a few other's going the same route, keep Us up on this and GOOD LUCK!

Apr 20, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #50 of 95
I may have hit the end of the road.  The Triplite unit didn't resolve the hum.  It's exactly the same, no better or worse.

I was mistaken in an earlier post when I said that the hum was only present in my HT room.  The unit hums in every outlet in the house. 

One thing I didn't notice before is that the amp itself emits an audible hum at the same frequency that it outputs from the headphone jack.

I'm back completely to the stock tubes, tried a variety of combinations with the Triplite into an outlet, into my Richard Gray power station, all the same result.

As such, I'm starting the RMA process.  I've had the unit for 2.5 weeks, so we'll see how that goes.

Apr 20, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #52 of 95
I think You should contact Schiit about this and see what they tell You, maybe they will replace it for You. It's worth a shot! Call them, Email them whatever it take's and send the Triplite back.

Apr 20, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #53 of 95
We'd be happy to replace or repair, but we were only asked for an RMA, so that's what we provided. Deadie, let me know if you want to do something different.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 20, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #54 of 95

Quote:
We'd be happy to replace or repair, but we were only asked for an RMA, so that's what we provided. Deadie, let me know if you want to do something different.

Hi Jason, that's truly a nice jesture on Your part, I alway's say there is no harm in asking. When the time come's, You have definitely earned My Respect and a Lyr is in My future.

Sincerely, Frank K. 
beerchug.gif

Apr 20, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #55 of 95
Hi Jason, that's truly a nice jesture on Your part, I alway's say there is no harm in asking. When the time come's, You have definitely earned My Respect and a Lyr is in My future.

Sincerely, Frank K. 
beerchug.gif

I've got to admit, my purchasing from Schiit Audio was a wonderful experience. Communication with Jason was always very quick and my Lyr shipped out just as promised.

Apr 20, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #56 of 95
Hey guys, I'm just back from a 9 mile run tonight.  I had a crap day at work, and then the Triplite doesn't do what I hope.  This continual not knowing what the hell's wrong tipped me over.  Time for a run.

Jason's correct, I only asked for a RMA as I didn't know what my other options were.  He was awesome in that he responded to my PM request within minutes. 

Jason, thank you for your prompt reply, and I'll take the repair / replacement discussion to PM.

Apr 21, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #57 of 95
Hey Deadie, You just came back from a 9 mile run, I run 90 ft and My knee's have other idea's, tell You what You can run those extra mile's for Me if You don't mind!

Apr 22, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #58 of 95
My Lyr has arrived back at the mother ship.  Now for the anxious wait to find out what they hear / not hear.

All throughout Jason's been great with prompt communication and flexibility, thank you sir.  Company response has been pretty much what one could hope for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back