LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love...
Jun 22, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #226 of 1,111
http://www.lessloss.com/high-resolution-audiophile-recordings-c-68.html?zenid=gf13v0t9suiv0ai0b36ujkls25

Just a link for some excerpts of high rez files being offered for free by a place that I think creates recording systems...

Good for testing out the LCD's I guess.

Jun 22, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #227 of 1,111
i have a very ambitious plan, i'll try to listen all of the music suggested in this thread. wish me luck
smily_headphones1.gif
  (we need a LCD-2 emoticon :D)

here's a track from a album i recently "discovered". (unfortunately the sound quality is  awful on youtube)

Jun 23, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #228 of 1,111
This is an amazing album in terms of the music and I was really surprised at how well it was mixed/produced as well.  Definitely an album that needs to be in the hands of any fan of jazz.    

Quote:

If you can find it!
MFSL-2-155 - Recording Together For The First Time: The Great Reunion - Louis Armstrong & Duke Ellington [1984] 

Jun 23, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #229 of 1,111

Quote:
i have a very ambitious plan, i'll try to listen all of the music suggested in this thread. wish me luck
smily_headphones1.gif
  (we need a LCD-2 emoticon :D)

Well in that case, I have to recommend Justen Bieber, he is the bomb.

Jun 23, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #230 of 1,111
Here is another Jazz gem 

The Carmen McRae-Betty Carter Duets, (Live at the Great American Music Hall): Betty Carter, Carmen McRae

I have the original release. which os the one with this cover.  Excellent live album.  I think I wore out a pair of Martin Logan CLS II's with this one CD. 

Excellent cuts on this release.  Isn't It Romantic, Am I Blue, But Beautiful, Stolen Moments.

These two really challenge the dynamic range of the recording.  

I have to say this though.  I know this CD in every possible way, I've heard it on dozens of high end systems, even the Wilsons WHAMM system and usually I feel the LCD's are excellent devices but this CD has really shown me that no headphone can  ever do what speakers can do.   

This is I believe the re issue.  I don't know how it sounds compared to the original release.

Jun 23, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #232 of 1,111

Quote:
Quote:
KingStyles said:

Well in that case, I have to recommend Justen Bieber, he is the bomb.

KingStyles you should be banned from all music reproduction for a 24 hour period!

tongue.gif

Jun 23, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #233 of 1,111
Another great CD that wants to remind me of my old system of Martin Logan CLS II's with 2 JANIS Subwoofers.  A life like soundstage the size of the listening room. As if Stevie Ray was right there and I could just reach out and grab his hat.

Still sounds good though thru cans. Sort of.

Stevie Ray Vaughan, Couldn't Stand The Weather.

Best holographic cut.   "Tin Pan Alley"

Jun 23, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #234 of 1,111
I love good electric guitar. I really enjoy this album in 24/96. Especially the song Whispering A Prayer. It gives me chills every time. For the Love of God is pretty good.
Steve Vai - Where the Other Wild Things Are  

Jun 23, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #236 of 1,111

Mumford & Sons, White Blank Page, CD: Sigh No More

Willie Nelson, Always Seem To Get Things Wrong, CD: The Hottest State

Santana Feat. Placido Domingo, Novus, CD: Shaman

Salsita, Sin Palabras, CD: Latin Groove

Kelvis Ochoa, Viento Y Tiempo (Cuba), CD: Radio Latino

Kelvis Ochoa, Fue Una de Mambo, CD: Putumayo Presents - Café Cubano

¡Cubanismo!, Shallow Water Suite_Iko Iko_Shallow Water Rhumba, CD: Mardi Gras Mambo: ¡Cubanismo! In New Orleans

Users who are viewing this thread

Back