Kozee Sound Solutions ** MAJOR CS ISSUES - NOT RECOMMENDED (info in first post) ** Custom IEMs & Reshell review
Mar 10, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #21 of 852
Your statement of the TF10 reshell being more comfortable than stock TF10 made me lol :p I thought that was being super obvious :)

I'm looking forward to some impressions of the X3.

Mar 10, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #22 of 852
Yes, obvious it is!  Anyone that likes the TF10 should get it reshelled IMO!  

And I do have my initial thoughts about the sound of the X3, but want to give it more time before I make any comments.  The shell looks great, though, with nice workmanship.

Mar 10, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #24 of 852
Insta-subscribed. I really look forward to reading your impressions.
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #25 of 852

Quote:
Subscribed. 

Joe, do you think I should post pics of my X1 in this thread, or the other..... or both? At some point when Joker and I have full reviews of the X1 you can add them to the main post here, but I'm not sure about initial musings/pics.

put them up! I plan to post pics as soon as mine are done :)

Mar 10, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #26 of 852
Man I need to quit visiting this site!  Looks like I'm getting my TF10s reshelled.  Subscribed, hopefully the sound is similar to stock that would be the icing on the cake.

Mar 10, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #27 of 852
Anyone know if I have some um2's which do not have replaceable cable, will they reshell it and make it into a RC version?

Wow kudos to the OP for having the balls to reshell JH16.

Mar 10, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #28 of 852

Quote:
Anyone know if I have some um2's which do not have replaceable cable, will they reshell it and make it into a RC version?

Wow kudos to the OP for having the balls to reshell JH16.

They offer westone cables and they use their own terminals. You should be able to have them reshelled with westones for ~$130

Mar 10, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #29 of 852
@ project86, your pics and impressions are very welcome here 
beerchug.gif

And that goes the same for everyone else.

As far as the sound of the TF10 universal vs. reshell...more on that soon...

And I shoved the JH16 in my ears before sending them, so I think I know what they should sound like, at least for the most part...

Mar 11, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #30 of 852
Pictures added to the Infinity X3 post.

Quote:
Look forward to your impressions. Pretty cool that there are so many affordable customs available now.

I don't really like this idea of an Executive option, it creates 2 versions of the same product confusing consumers more. The Executive option includes an upgraded driver? Do they upgrade all the drivers or just one of them? They also don't say anything about what "upgrading" the driver does; how does it affect the sound signature and frequency response? Why are they using inferior drivers in their main design, will this affect the crossover implementation? During development did they tune the IEM using the upgraded drivers or the inferior drivers? My understanding is that it's not just as simple as just a plug-and-play swapping out drivers like that.

Adam let me know that each option is tuned for the specific product (since it isn't a simple swap), for example the X3 uses 3 different drivers and crossover point than the X3 executive.  The stock drivers aren't "inferior," but different.  And it isn't all that different than some other companies that either offer multiple products.  Some examples include Westone having 3 different single driver customs, UE having 2 different dual driver customs, or Puretone offering one of each 1, 2, and 3 driver customs with either silicone or acrylic.  I can see this way being somewhat confusing since no one knows how the X3 executive will compare with the X3 standard, for example.

Quote:
I'm betting the upgraded one have vented drivers.  You can only do that in a hollow acrylic shell and not a solid silicone one.  Supposedly the vented drivers sound better, but I haven't seen/heard/read too much independent conformation of that.

The drivers of my X3 (with executive option) are indeed vented!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back