Koss Porta Pro 2
Apr 19, 2004 at 5:07 AM Post #16 of 53
where are the pictures!! this post has been without a picture of the can for too long. maybe the internet cop really got him.
wink.gif

Apr 19, 2004 at 2:16 PM Post #18 of 53
I have the KTX Pro 1 and the porta pro and I saw the porta pro 2 yesterday.

IMHO, having both, the porta pros are much better than the KTX Pro 1s. And the porta pro 2s look nothing like the KTX Pro 1s.
smily_headphones1.gif

There's no substitute for hearing and seeing for yourself.
cool.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro
Must be the KTX Pro 1. I believe this is a present day Porta Pro. Sounds virtually identical to me but for less than half the price $19.99

Apr 19, 2004 at 4:25 PM Post #19 of 53
HI: Sorry fore my confusion. I said in a earlier post that I gave away the koss portapro 2 but it was the koss ktx pro 1. I never heard of or saw a portapro 2. I did a search and can't find a koss portapro 2 anywhere on the web.

Apr 19, 2004 at 4:38 PM Post #20 of 53
Let's just clear this out, these are not porta pro 2's:

SPORTAPRO_lg.jpg

KTXPRO1_lg.jpg

Now show me some pics of the Porta Pro 2's

Apr 19, 2004 at 11:54 PM Post #24 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Haribo
As long as this thread is without pics there exists no Porta Pro 2.

Haribo... go to circuit city and buy some.

Ill have a full review with pics in 2 days... im enjoying them now.

Apr 19, 2004 at 11:59 PM Post #25 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vedder323
Haribo... go to circuit city and buy some.

Ill have a full review with pics in 2 days... im enjoying them now.

I hope the review features lots of pictures
wink.gif

Also my nearest circuit city is very very far from where I live, so I won't be picking them up any time soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2004 at 12:39 AM Post #27 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by oneeyedhobbit
Haribo, what are the two you posted? Looked like the Sportapros, and possibly the KTS-1?

KTX Pro 1 and Sporta Pro

Apr 20, 2004 at 12:52 AM Post #28 of 53
For a few minutes, I wanted to rush out and buy a pair.
I've come to my senses now. That was a close call.

Apr 20, 2004 at 1:05 AM Post #29 of 53
They exist! I just picked up a pair...but for $40! I'm hoping they suck so I'll feel compelled to return them. I'm not going to offer any opinions as all I have to compare w/ these are the k240s, and I have never tried the regular portapros. They don't have the comfort zone thingy that I've read about on the regular portapros though.

Oh, and I don't have a digital camera. Sorry!

Apr 20, 2004 at 1:43 AM Post #30 of 53
Ok, I lied.

My $.02...

My ears might be messed up or something, but the portapro 2 actually compares favorably to the k240s. I don't get it. I mean, the k240 is more refined with tighter bass and smoother highs, but the portapro 2 is not as far off as I thought it would be. I've been looking for an excuse to get away from huge headphones (and hi-fi obsession) w/out resorting to canalphones again, and I'm beginning to wonder if the Koss lineup is the answer. The portapro 2 will probably go back but so might the k240s because I'm wondering how the KSC35 is.

For those of you familiar with both the KSC35 and original portapro, which one is better sound wise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back