Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 14, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #5,206 of 63,935
smily_headphones1.gif
Just got the ED10's I must say they sound fairly impressive on first listen. Rolled tips, found that my Large Auvios (Large Bore Sony hybrid Clone) from Radio shack sound best on this Critter.

Now 200Hrs. to ahhhh..... settle, (yeah that's it), them in....

Oh I also got My D2 Pros (Tuna? Version of the Sidy HK-1 Carbon fiber bodied IEM). VERY NICE!!!

Cooking them both together.

Still waiting on KZ Micro Rings to get here, Lost them in Customs in Chicago for a while, they are now on their way from St. Paul. Gotta love our postal system considering Detroit is a couple hundred miles DUE EAST of Chicago!!!! Makes perfect sense to send them to Minnesota.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
TWIN

Jul 15, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #5,207 of 63,935
  Better clarity doesn`t certainly mean they are overall better
rolleyes.gif
Many other things to be considered...

I said it before, the KZ are pretty good, but I personally prefer my MH1C pair SQ, they seem to do better bass, mid and high. HF reproduction for example in comparison to KZ are more extended, more linear and less harsh. The Sony MH1C need good source and current to sound their best though. I guess they are tuned to my taste, but they do lack the ultimate "out of the head" sound that my full size headphones possess.

Jul 15, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #5,208 of 63,935
Finally had a 2 hour listening session with my EDSE which is burned in for 100 hours using Jlab burn in file, sine log and pink noise audio files got from here. I don't know that much audiophile terms, so I'm not sure you guys get what I say. In my opinion, EDSE have more details for instrument sounds than my Vsonic GR99 but lack in soundstage depth and co-ordination of vocals and instruments. Clarity is also not that good. ie, EDSE has nice details, but details lacks clarity, if that makes sense. Consider soundstage depth as five layers one in back to another. EDSE will maximum go to the second layer and not beyond that. But my GR99 goes to layer 5 and it is very beautiful to listen and has a natural non-fatiguing experience. I also don't like EDSE's bass because it cause irritation in my ear and don't know how to describe the bass. Even then I'll try in my own terms. Consider bass as three bands on top of each other. Top, bottom and middle. I felt like EDSE's bass only operates in the middle band, the lower band which I can hear in my GR99, which resulted in a more natural and smooth bass experience is missing in EDSE. Overall I liked EDSE more for it's better details than my GR99, but missed GR99's way better sound stage depth and smooth and natural bass. Currently EDSE is my main IEM. Will do a comparison with EDSE vs ED9 vs ATE after 100 hour burn in for both the others.

Tested using 320 kbps mp3 files with source machine as my Asus ROG laptop with Sonic master sound on Built-in Azalia compliant audio chip(actually don't know what this means) and Xiaomi Redmi 2 Android phone. Audio players used in laptop was Foobar with Wasapi and Jriver Media Center with LAV filters.

Jul 15, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #5,209 of 63,935
smily_headphones1.gif
The OBVIOUS fact we have here IS: a large continuing thread about the merits/ drawbacks of basically Cheap Chinese labor produced disposable $10 Headphones.

That fact in itself, speaks volumes. Yep, the Corksniffers will want to naysay: "they don't have this or they don't have that" or "they just don't compare to these" yada, yada, yada...  BUT, the fact remains they are actually quite good, and at their Price/Performance level there is no better value ON THE PLANET.

That's my take on it.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jul 15, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #5,210 of 63,935
The 'Knowledge Zenith' name is proving itself. So many pearls of wisdom in past few pages... haha 
In a good way of course.

Jul 15, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #5,211 of 63,935
I tried T1e wide-bore eartips with the KZ ed9, and it sounded terrible and destroyed the soundstage. Surprise, surprise, the reason the T1e sounded so bad was the eartips, it sounds great with the Ed9's hybrid tip.

The ED9 seems to have an unnatural drop in the sub-bass, even my warm amp can't fix it without manually EQ'ing the bass, and it sounds loose when raised. The T1e beats the ED9 so far in mid and bass clarity, though its sub bass lacks a bit of texture. Overall I would take the Philips $10 headphones over the T1e, and the ED9 if the music was treble focused.

Jul 16, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #5,213 of 63,935
Anyone know if this price is realistic or the seller is reliable

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Seems ok. The prices are always that unrealistically low. Check out the feedbacks on that page for the seller, but with 33 orders and (8.1% positive feedback it should be ok.

Jul 16, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #5,214 of 63,935
KZ ZN1 listed on TaoBao. Mid Aug shipments. 

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=520650103600

Price seems too high, north to $60. I hope they will come down. 

Can someone knowing the language please read and let know if there's  some new information? 

Jul 16, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #5,215 of 63,935
  KZ ZN1 listed on TaoBao. Mid Aug shipments. 

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=520650103600

Price seems too high, north to $60. I hope they will come down. 

Can someone knowing the language please read and let know if there's  some new information? 

That's preorder. I don't think thats official seller as it doesnt provide any new info.

Jul 16, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #5,217 of 63,935
Guys, when You quote post with big pictures PLEASE use spoiler! This page has so little text/discussion but is like 10 miles long, my poor scrolling-wheel
rolleyes.gif

Jul 16, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #5,220 of 63,935
I got the KZ ATE about two weeks ago, and again, as mentioned by many here is this long thread, what a surprise for the price!  Fit reminds me of the ATH IM50, and sound is quite surprising for less than 20.00.  I really like them up to now, but haven't finised tip rolling.  For now, I used Sony hybrids smaller medium tips (orange).  I also put some temporary tape on the vents and the basse is more present, I like it a lot.

They now are top KZ iem.  KZ ATE.  KZ ED8 sounds good too, but they are really heavy, and I don't seem to find a proper fit with them.  It would be an interesting matchup (but different signature) between these two if it weren't for the fit...

KZ DT3 are still special to me with their nice highs and huge lows!  They are light and easy to wear but somewhat fragile.  The mic controle broke for some reason (i was gentle with it...).  The earphones are still working but remote is out...  For someone looking for huge bass and nice overall sound, they kick!

KZ EDSE and KZ GR are the ones I left behind.  EDSE are fine but they sound uneven to me, so really fatiguing.  KZ GR are heavy and sound meh to me.

All imho and personal taste.  Still, for the price, these are great iems to discover and try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back