Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 8, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #35,357 of 64,340
I recommend the AS10 over the ZS10. Well balanced signature with awesome technical ability. Wrote a preview which you can check out here. Full review will be up some time next week.

I read your take on them, a well presented and thorough review and answered any questions I had about them. look forward to more of your reviews in the future. Good day.

Aug 8, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #35,358 of 64,340
These are not Knowles driver... KZ takes Knowles driver and make there driver to KZ standard.

But they now make some good BA since the ZSA and updated ES4.

The pic is of updated ES4. There is no KZ logo on BA and mids are way cleaner than @audionab burned ES4

The KZ 30095 gets affected by burn in and are harsher and Decayed than Knowles 30095

in time they'll meet the knowles for quality. there'd be a lot of trial and error. i can't see how manufacturing those things can be easy, it's not like there's an off the shelf machine that you can buy from some underground japanese engineers academy that lets you put sheet metal in one end and then out the other pops little BA's with laser engraving and 95% QC pass

Aug 8, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #35,359 of 64,340
but if you want to know something.... in my head.... I imagine there's a place that has a machine like that.... and the guy using it is still amazed every time a new BA pops out of the machine that works... he has to oil up some parts now and then to keep it running smoothly... he just operates the machine he has no idea what kind of sorcery occurs inside of the machine.

Aug 8, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #35,360 of 64,340
KZ should have added the BA in series instead of parallel.

I was thinking this today on the bus ride home. I'd have to do some math but the impedence values can go haywire when you're combining multiple loads. it's an epic feat. the fact they deliver them in a box with a nice cable etc and you plug them in and they're not offensive to listen too is insane to me. for the money... it's insane..

Aug 8, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #35,361 of 64,340
Get a ED16 with silver cable upgrade.

Save Monnies bro

I wasn't considering them as i've read by many people they don't have a strong sub-bass which is very important to my highly bass tastes (bass music, edm music, pop and electronic music, dubstep and so on)

Aug 8, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #35,363 of 64,340
I wasn't considering them as i've read by many people they don't have a strong sub-bass which is very important to my highly bass tastes (bass music, edm music, pop and electronic music, dubstep and so on)
my ED16 have very strong sub-bass..

My ED16 has great sub-bass. What they do not have is a headache inducing mid bass boost.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #35,364 of 64,340
My ED16 has great sub-bass. What they do not have a headache inducing mid bass boost.

Do you think it could be able to satisfy a basshead?
It seems smaller than the es4 in terms of shell too.

Aug 8, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #35,365 of 64,340
Do you think it could be able to satisfy a basshead?
It seems smaller than the es4 in terms of shell too.

I can't answer that. I am not a basshead... not sure I know exactly what that actually means. Surely even a basshead wants to hear the rest of the music... or do they not? I want to hear the bass that is meant to be in the music but do not need it to be exaggerated.

As for the shell I personally find the ED16 more comfortable than the ES4 but others may disagree. The shape fits me better and it lies a bit flatter. A shell does not have to be big to produce bass.

Aug 8, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #35,366 of 64,340
I can't answer that. I am not a basshead... not sure I know exactly what that actually means. Surely even a basshead wants to hear the rest of the music... or do they not? I want to hear the bass that is meant to be in the music but do not need it to be exaggerated.

As for the shell I personally find the ED16 more comfortable than the ES4 but others may disagree. The shape fits me better and it lies a bit flatter. A shell does not have to be big to produce bass.

Ehm i didn't say shape should be big to produce good bass, i have a pair of memt x5 which produce crazy bass in a 6mm microdriver.
What i'm searching is in a few words a substitute that maintains the same bass with some forward mids.

As a basshead i want hear other things, but if bass and sub bass are not powerful as i want, i just put the headphones on the shelf.. that's why i'm so much confused, reading opinions online is never like trying a headphone, so it's even hard to explain people how a bass should sound to satisfy a basshead.

Like if you listen to Boombox Cartel - NBD (ATLiens remix) u can hear what i'm talking about in the drop.

Aug 8, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #35,367 of 64,340
hat's why i'm so much confused, reading opinions online is never like trying a headphone, so it's even hard to explain people how a bass should sound to satisfy a basshead.

Of course. It is impossible to know for sure. We all hear differently and have different expectations.

Aug 8, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #35,368 of 64,340
Of course. It is impossible to know for sure. We all hear differently and have different expectations.
Y, can't agree more.
Thanks for your answer in any case!

And yah...get some foam tips
I've read you have ZSA and ED16 too. Could you please make a little and short comparison between them considering i love a well extended low-end to listen to some bass, dubstep and electronic music?

Thanks a lot in advance

Aug 8, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #35,369 of 64,340
@Strat Rider , really hope you like your ED9's with one of the two filters and right tips. I stand behind them to this day as possibly one of the best bang for your buck of that year for sure :beerchug:[/QUOTE]

Hot out of the mailbox (literally) the ed9 has arrived. OOTB, fired up some Clapton on the ipod touch g6, and thought they sounded muffled. Replaced filter with the alternate, (both are bronze) & Clapton-ed again, Wow! 5-8 usd, I like surprises like this. Great bang for buck! Thanks to @Slater @Podster @B9Scrambler

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #35,370 of 64,340
@Strat Rider , really hope you like your ED9's with one of the two filters and right tips. I stand behind them to this day as possibly one of the best bang for your buck of that year for sure :beerchug:

Hot out of the mailbox (literally) the ed9 has arrived. OOTB, fired up some Clapton on the ipod touch g6, and thought they sounded muffled. Replaced filter with the alternate, (both are bronze) & Clapton-ed again, Wow! 5-8 usd, I like surprises like this. Great bang for buck! Thanks to @Slater @Podster @B9Scrambler[/QUOTE]

One is shiny and the other is dull. I like the dull one..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back