KEF new headphones!
Jul 20, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #376 of 685
Oh wow.

From a long-time fan of the ATH-AD2000, this is the best praise I could hope to read for the M500. If Asr liked the KEF, I can safely assume I'm gonna like it as much.

I just can't wait for my M500 to get here!

Jul 20, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #377 of 685
Very nice impressions, Asr... I appreciate the enthusiasm. I'm pretty confident the M500's timbre reproduction will be very good (due to the neutrality).. how would you characterize its speed and resolving ability?

In other news, your glowing review just made the wait to this Wednesday (when my M500 arrives) feel THAT much longer.. LOL.

Jul 20, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #378 of 685
I'm calling it now: the KEF M500 is the single best closed portable headphone that I've ever heard to date!

These headphones are seriously awesome. They're also way better than the V-MODA M-100 and Beyerdynamic DT1350. These are the closed portable headphones that everyone should be buying! They look awesome and sound awesome! I officially give the M500 an A+! It's so good that I don't feel the need to continue the journey for a closed portable headphone! (Well, aside from the Audio-Technica ES700 which I've been curious about.)

The M500 earns my highest recommendation possible! Its sound shouldn't be possible at $300! I'm a fan of the MrSpeakers Mad Dog 3.2 too, and would prefer supporting an American business if I could, but even the Mad Dog sounds unnatural after the M500! The M500 has this all over the Mad Dog too. And it doesn't have the amping requirements of the Mad Dog either. It's rare to find a great-sounding headphone that's also refreshingly efficient!

I love these headphones. I could nitpick them to death if I really wanted to, but that would miss the point. They're the best small closed headphones that I've ever heard! Heck, there are CDs where I'd take these over the Fostex TH900 too! The only thing that would be better would be the Grado HP1000 itself, or the Stax OII MKI, or a sonic merge of those two.

Anyone who listens to music owes it to himself (or herself, as the case might be) to buy these. I love these. The M500 is my new favorite headphone!

HYPE TRAIN
HYPE TRAIN!!!
HYPE ALERT!!!

Hehehe :wink:
(mine should be coming in next week!!!)

Very nice impressions, Asr... I appreciate the enthusiasm. I'm pretty confident the M500's timbre reproduction will be very good (due to the neutrality).. how would you characterize its speed and resolving ability?

In other news, your glowing review just made the wait to this Wednesday (when my M500 arrives) feel THAT much longer.. LOL.

I still hate you FlySweep!!! :p

Jul 20, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #381 of 685
I was all set to buy something else but...now I'm conflicted again.

Jul 20, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #382 of 685
LOL.. I'm guessing you either missed out on that discount code when you ordered the M500.. or you've got to wait longer than I do to get the M500..

:)

LOL.
When you posted the code a few days ago, I didn't think about it much and just ordered it! :p

Expected Delivery By:
July 22, 2013

We'll see...

Jul 20, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #384 of 685
I read that review and got so excited that I ordered a pair and then realized I already have them.

Jul 21, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #385 of 685
beerchug.gif
 lmao, you make my day

Jul 21, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #386 of 685
Quote:
I'm calling it now: the KEF M500 is the single best closed portable headphone that I've ever heard to date!

These headphones are seriously awesome. They're also way better than the V-MODA M-100 and Beyerdynamic DT1350. These are the closed portable headphones that everyone should be buying! They look awesome and sound awesome! I officially give the M500 an A+! It's so good that I don't feel the need to continue the journey for a closed portable headphone! (Well, aside from the Audio-Technica ES700 which I've been curious about.)

The M500 earns my highest recommendation possible! Its sound shouldn't be possible at $300! I'm a fan of the MrSpeakers Mad Dog 3.2 too, and would prefer supporting an American business if I could, but even the Mad Dog sounds unnatural after the M500! The M500 has this all over the Mad Dog too. And it doesn't have the amping requirements of the Mad Dog either. It's rare to find a great-sounding headphone that's also refreshingly efficient!

I love these headphones. I could nitpick them to death if I really wanted to, but that would miss the point. They're the best small closed headphones that I've ever heard! Heck, there are CDs where I'd take these over the Fostex TH900 too! The only thing that would be better would be the Grado HP1000 itself, or the Stax OII MKI, or a sonic merge of those two.

Anyone who listens to music owes it to himself (or herself, as the case might be) to buy these. I love these. The M500 is my new favorite headphone!

Those are mighty fine words of endorsement! You said that you are curious about the ES700's also. I am close to pulling the trigger on them, so please hurry up and get the ES700's and let me know how they compare to the M500's 
size]
   One thing the ES700's have going for them is that they cost only $100 from amazon japan...

Jul 21, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #387 of 685
I really want to replace the cable with a longer one, does anybody know what sort of cable would work? (I want to stay away from getting an extension cable though)

Jul 21, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #389 of 685
lol Beagle.

Nice impressions ASR. I couldn't agree more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back