KEF new headphones!
Apr 23, 2013 at 10:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 685

raybanner

New Head-Fier
Hello there,

KEF is getting into the headphone business. Starting with two models

KEF M200: http://www.kef.com/html/de/showroom/mseries/m500/m200/index.html#.UXaVk5V-fbY
KEF M500: http://www.kef.com/html/de/showroom/mseries/m500/m500/index.html#.UXaVk5V-fbY

One thing for sure, they look just beautiful.

What ya think?

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #2 of 685
Dual-dynamic drivers on the IEM's. Interesting? I've never heard of this before in IEM's.

The headphones are pretty meh. We have enough of these black/grey "classy" headphones on the market.

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #3 of 685
Like the look of the M500. If they sound like the Martin Logan Mikros but with better comfort, I'll be all over them.

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #4 of 685
Just got my perfect Combi with Philips X1 and Sony MDR-1R, damn! 
eek.gif

Apr 23, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #7 of 685
My worry is that, like B&W before them, there will be little continuity between their speakers house sound and the headphones they put out. They aim the headphones at a broad consumer market and make that broad consumer sound with recessed treble and mid-bass warmth. If these were tuned to be a portable version of their LS50, I'd be very interested. Will wait and see.

Apr 23, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #8 of 685
Look like made in china, maybe they will sound good though, but they definately are for those who are going for the looks firstly.

Apr 23, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #11 of 685
Whoever Bradley Cooper may be...
FR given on KEFs site looks interesting (if thats anything to go by), the design is not my cup of tea though.

Hadn't spotted that first time around, does look promising, although who knows how reliable it is. You'd hope if they were confident of them, they'd send a pair to Innerfidelity for review.

Apr 23, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #12 of 685
I quite like the design, if it is, as the website suggests, aluminium alloy rather than plastic that the frame is made of. I like how the back of the chassis is covered in the same leather as the ear pads.

Apr 23, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #13 of 685
Another headphone company which start making headphones. There seems to be a revolution of headphone manufacturers 
biggrin.gif

Oops i meant SPEAKER company, lol

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #14 of 685
^ You mean speaker company? Despite my cynicism above (due largely to my disappointment at B&W's pedestrian efforts) KEF do deserve some credit as innovators in Hifi. My first thought was "Chinese OEM" but looking at the in ear model, I've never seen anything like that dual driver design before which does make me feel they are taking this more seriously than just jumping on the headphone bandwagon for a quick buck. If as much thought and research has gone into these cans as with their latest speakers, they could be something special indeed.

Apr 24, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #15 of 685
Quote:
Hadn't spotted that first time around, does look promising, although who knows how reliable it is. You'd hope if they were confident of them, they'd send a pair to Innerfidelity for review.

Correct, Tylls measurements are more trustworthy I'd say. Would of course be nice to read a full review...

The comments regarding materials used give a bit more credence to the effort I guess. Nevertheless it does still look like plastic to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back