JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60
Oct 9, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #1,231 of 1,936
Quote:
This train has officially been derailed
frown.gif

Lol !  ...power to the ladies !
...just one post from Kiteki and the freight train stops dead in it's track !
biggrin.gif

Okay back to the FXDs  ...anyone who has both, how does the FXD60 rate against the CKM500 ?

Oct 9, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #1,232 of 1,936
Quote:

Ermm, not really, I think he over acts his roles but in a comedy, he's forgiven.
Kung Fu Hustle's one darn funny movie cause of all the other actors, believe it or not, that landlady kinda reminds me of my mum (Bless her soul)

Chow Fun ?    ...you mean Chow Yun Fat ?   ...yeah ! now that's an actor, convincing in every role he took on. 

haha, was just testing you on your chinese words, chow fun means stir fried noodles. It was a lame word play cuz also means Stephen Chow's stuff is funny/ fun, etc = Chow fun.  No not Chow Yun Fat. LoL But he is a BOSS actor though for sure, you sure about your statement? Go watch him in that horrid Dragon Ball Evolution movie ahahahahaha, priceless over acting.  SO BAD THATS IS SOOO GOOD, it was hilarious watch.

/Thread officially derailed.
beerchug.gif
I loves my FXD 70s, though not as much as my S500s. ha

edit: Oh yeah Shaolin Soccer Kicks some major booty for sure!!! AGREED.

Oct 9, 2012 at 4:39 AM Post #1,233 of 1,936
Quote:
haha, was just testing you on your chinese words, chow fun means stir fried noodles. It was a lame word play cuz also means Stephen Chow's stuff is funny/ fun, etc = Chow fun.  No not Chow Yun Fat. LoL But he is a BOSS actor though for sure, you sure about your statement? Go watch him in that horrid Dragon Ball Evolution movie ahahahahaha, priceless over acting.  SO BAD THATS IS SOOO GOOD, it was hilarious watch.

/Thread officially derailed.
beerchug.gif
I loves my FXD 70s, though not as much as my S500s. ha

edit: Oh yeah Shaolin Soccer Kicks some major booty for sure!!! AGREED.

You got it wrong bro,
biggrin.gif
    ..."Chow Fun" means fried rice in cantonese, "Hor Fun" is the official term for stir fried noodles   ....speaking of which, incidently   ...it's dinner time here.
tongue.gif

Oct 9, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #1,234 of 1,936
Quote:

You got it wrong bro,
biggrin.gif
    ..."Chow Fun" means fried rice in cantonese, "Hor Fun" is the official term for stir fried noodles   ....speaking of which, incidently   ...it's dinner time here.
tongue.gif

haha I almost got owned by you in Chinese LMAO, to be exact "Chow Fun" means stir fried "Hor Fun" as in the flat fat rice noodles, so you were right on that front.
......YUMS!!!

As I was referring to the long stir fired string noodles which is called "Chow mein", so I was wrong on that. BUT "Chow Fan" means fried rice man, not "Chow Fun" how you gonna tell me, trying to pull a fast one huh?  Let me school you on some Chinese my ghostly friend.  
beerchug.gif

This is official now it has turned into Food-Fi all up in herrrr. 

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #1,237 of 1,936
Quote:
haha I almost got owned by you in Chinese LMAO, to be exact "Chow Fun" means stir fried "Hor Fun" as in the flat fat rice noodles, so you were right on that front.
......YUMS!!!

As I was referring to the long stir fired string noodles which is called "Chow mein", so I was wrong on that. BUT "Chow Fan" means fried rice man, not "Chow Fun" how you gonna tell me, trying to pull a fast one huh?  Let me school you on some Chinese my ghostly friend.  
beerchug.gif

This is official now it has turned into Food-Fi all up in herrrr. 

Quote:
^ LoLs I already gave ghost a good schooling, I'll stop from now on.  haha

Not quite !
rolleyes.gif

As I've stated, "Chow Fun" is cantonese (as spoken in Hong Kong) for fried rice.
"Chow Fan" is mandarin for the same thing.

The term for stir fried is simply "Chow" or "Chue Chow" (literal translation: Cook Fried)
There are as many type of chinese noodles as there are types of Italian pasta.

Lol, I doubt you could school me to be more chinese than what I already am !
biggrin.gif

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #1,239 of 1,936
Quote:
Are you both guys chinese or just like talk about foreign food? My great grandfather was chinese BTW.

Then it's time to chime in with that extensive Chinese knowledge of yours regarding this heated and important debate. Let your inner-Chineseness free so you can school us both on this matter.
biggrin.gif

WoW Ghost are you Chinese??? Kinda shocked if you are. haha cuz hmmmmm......I think I am and I speak both Cantonese and Mandarin. "Chow Fan" sounds about the same in both dialects and both mean fried rice. The only difference is the slightly higher/ lower pinyin/ tone between Canto/ Mando. 
But "FUN" means noodles, specifically flat fat rice noodles, while "mein" means the generic types of long stringy noodles. So you are again correct that there are a vast variety of Chinese noodles akin to pasta for Italians and you're right on the money regarding the meaning of "Chow". Nevertheless, you are dead wrong on "FUN" as the word for rice, cuz I am 100% certian that "FAN" stands for rice in both Canto/ Mando with a slightly different tone.

So there you have it kiddies, this ends our 2nd lesson in the meaning behind the YUMMY words we use to describe our Chinese good eats here on food-fi, cough* I mean head-fi cough*.   Get YO' School on GHOST!!! ha
beerchug.gif

And no sinquito, we are neither, we're just weird that's all. Don't mind us, I don't even know how get got into this the 1st place LMAO...oh right my lame @ss word play. D'oh!! ha

Oct 10, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #1,240 of 1,936
LOL !
tongue.gif
     ...I think we all better beat a hasty retreat before the mods on here starts issuing infractions for OT on this thread !

Right, lets put the train back on the rails and start stroking them fires !

Oct 10, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #1,241 of 1,936
Speaking of back on topic, for all those who already have/have had the FXD80s, what tips did you all use besides the Auvio tips (which I can't seem to find for sale anywhere, online and offline) and Comply tips? And if Comply tips, which ones did you use?

Oct 10, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #1,242 of 1,936
Quote:
Speaking of back on topic, for all those who already have/have had the FXD80s, what tips did you all use besides the Auvio tips (which I can't seem to find for sale anywhere, online and offline) and Comply tips? And if Comply tips, which ones did you use?

I'm on the stock tips that came with the FXD80, consider myself lucky to have medium size ear canals that fits the medium tips on most iems.

Have tried Complys (rightway and reversed), meelec tip and a whole lots of others, in the end went back to the stock tips that came with them.

You should listen to them stock first and then try different tips if sealing, comfort or SQ preference is an issue.

Oct 10, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #1,244 of 1,936
Quote:

I have settled with the large stock FXD80 tips. They serve the sound well I think.

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #1,245 of 1,936
Everytime I plug these in I feel so dislocated from reality. Like I'm in a wide empty hall with their walls, floor, ceiling fully dampened. Or some vast vacuum space.

Eric Clapton Unplugged - Tears from Heaven never sounded so good..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back