JVC HA-FXT90 Thread
Nov 5, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #271 of 2,211
I should have close if not over 20 hours by now. These have a less of a burn-in time than the GR07 did before hearing significant changes and it beginning to settle in.

The JAYS tips I have are transparent.

Now, for my final tips experiment today on the FXT90, I an currently listening with my large blue translucent Panny HJE900 silicon tips. Eureka!! As the Panny's nozzle diameter is the closes to the width of the FXT90's nozzle, these tips fit like a glove! Now, even with the GR07 my favorite tips (of recent) were between the Panny and the JAYS (with the JAYS slightly winning out over the Panny). I think it's vice versa here. I like the Panny tips slightly better than the JAYS on the FXT90. The big dilemma now will be finding a merchant who sells the Panny tips (I haven't found one yet). So I have to treat this tips special (the tips seem quite firm and sturdy). So FXT90 tips (thus far) rank like this from best to least favorite:

Large Panny blue translucent
Large JAYS transparent silicon
Monster foam hybrid
Large Sony hybrid (with isolating foam)
Large Stock JVC 
Large Sennheiser double-flange

I won't be putting anymore of my JAYS on the FXT90 anytime soon since a pair ripped on me taking them off. I will, however, save the ripped ones (mainly the lower stem parts ripped off) and see if I can use them again in this state. But at the moment the Panny is perfect and serving my needs (nice deep bass while not obscuring the mids and treble). Actually, the Panny tips are bringing the drums a bit closer to how I hear them with the GR07. Electric guitars are blowing my mind with the Panny tips!!

Nov 5, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #273 of 2,211

Quote:
I should have close if not over 20 hours by now. These have a less of a burn-in time than the GR07 did before hearing significant changes and it beginning to settle in.

Now, for my final tips experiment today on the FXT90, I an currently listening with my large blue translucent Panny HJE900 silicon tips. Eureka!! As the Panny's nozzle diameter is the closes to the width of the FXT90's nozzle, these tips fit like a glove! Now, even with the GR07 my favorite tips (of recent) were between the Panny and the JAYS (with the JAYS slightly winning out over the Panny). I think it's vice versa here. I like the Panny tips slightly better than the JAYS on the FXT90. The big dilemma now will be finding a merchant who sells the Panny tips (I haven't found one yet). So I have to treat this tips special (the tips seem quite firm and sturdy). So FXT90 tips (thus far) rank like this from best to least favorite:

Monster foam hybrid
Large Stock JVC 

I won't be putting anymore of my JAYS on the FXT90 anytime soon since a pair ripped on me taking them off. I will, however, save the ripped ones (mainly the lower stem parts ripped off) and see if I can use them again in this state. But at the moment the Panny is perfect and serving my needs (nice deep bass while not obscuring the mids and treble). Actually, the Panny tips are bringing the drums a bit closer to how I hear them with the GR07. Electric guitars are blowing my mind with the Panny tips!!

Eric,  What tips do you like on the 7550's?  I have finished burn in, over 100 hours.  I have only tried the Jays Large.

Nov 5, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #274 of 2,211

Quote:
Eric,  What tips do you like on the 7550's?  I have finished burn in, over 100 hours.  I have only tried the Jays Large.

I like the JAYS on the 7550.

Nov 5, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #275 of 2,211
Nov 5, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #276 of 2,211

Quote:

Monster foam hybrid
Large Stock JVC 

Do these look like the  Panny Blue Translucient tips that you use on the FXT90?

http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Audio-Technica-Skullcandy-Plantronics-Bluecell/dp/B0058FDFRM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1320538640&sr=1-1

Nov 6, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #278 of 2,211
Nov 6, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #280 of 2,211
FXT90 has a more forwarded mid. In fact, I'll refer FXT90 as a mid centric IEM with good extension on both ends.

Nov 6, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #283 of 2,211
I posted this for dogears on another thread but thought those looking into the FXT90 might find it useful:

I just did a compare with the GR07, FXT90 and Tandem on my favorite reference song for vocals (Radney Foster - Godspeed).  For reference I never found the EX1000 vocals forward or recessed, just super transparent (loved them).  From there the GR07's are a little forward from that and too my surprise the FXT90 vocals were considerably more forward than the GR07 on this song.  Then the Tandem is even more forward, truly a mid centric phone.

Nov 6, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #284 of 2,211
@USD135... very tempting
biggrin.gif

edit: I hope |joker| reviews it soon though
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back