JVC HA-FXT100, HA-FXT200, HA-FXT200 LTD HI-SPEED
Jan 21, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #136 of 254
  Unfortunately there's no retailer importing FXT200 in my country, so i got no chance to give these a quick listen, let alone renting (there's no renting service for headphone/iem either) I am basically buying blind at this point
As for the high, I used to own FX40 which is said to have shrieking treble but i managed to withstand them, so lets hope 200ltd isn't much worse. However i am very skeptical about the low, since the sub-bass rumble was the only thing i liked about fxt90 and I always consider fxt90 to be lacking in bass quantity. I dont know how low bass guitar in rock music can go, but fxt90 is capable of catching the rumble of the guitar riff, if 200ltd fails to do the same, that's almost a no-no.
Trading low for the soundstage, even if its soundstage can make more expensive phones make a run for it, is not some i can choose easily, which is why i am asking myself if i should pick these up. On the other hand the hipster inside me is screaming to get these asap, so i am not too sure anymore, lawl.

You could try asking around here on head-fi for anyone willing to rent out their pair to you, just like how people rent out their IEMs to be reviewed by others. 

The sub-bass to bass (to even the mids) are very accurate on the fxt208se, able to distinguish even the tiniest shades of sub-bass/bass notes apart (on top of layering them on top of each other when needed, but never blurring them together). Generally, the sound signature is exactly the same with the FXT-90 from the (mid)bass up to the mids, but I definitely remember that the FXT-90's sub-bass was clumsily sluggish just like the triple driver FXZ's, on top of being rolled-off. 

The fxt208se's sub-bass is never slow or intrusive, but still able to rumble when called for (especially on EDM tracks). Coming from the fx1x, I found that it kinda lacked in terms of bass quantity (and the amount of air it can move when the sub-bass kicks in) but it more than made up for it in terms of near-bottomless sub-bass extension, texture, fullness, and also speed

Although it sounded gimmicky, I don't think the JVC guys were joking when they plastered the 'hi-speed' text on the box claiming that the triple magnet mechanism ensured that the driver response was as fast as it could be, because from all the track's I've thrown at it - it NEVER skipped a beat, be it in sub-bass or treble, and it all sounds 'natural' at the same time, unlike some of the overly quick BA drivers out there that tend to kill the sound way too quickly, making note decay sound very unnatural.

Tracks like Metal Gear Rising - The Stains of Time always makes me snigger to myself when I A/B it with a lot of the other medium to high-end IEMs out there, because half of them tend to screw up on this track, unable to keep up with its speed, both in the sub-bass and treble. Some even end up becoming a piping hot mess of noise, lol.

It can also keep up to extremely fast treble the likes of tracks like Versailles - Silent Knight, and also the rapid voice echo-distortions around 1:02 on EastNewSound's Solitude Blossom album release (track 03) here https://youtu.be/yCXSw-gPyxI?t=62. Who knows that perhaps it could be that the excellent soundstage of the fxt208se is simply a result of its fast drivers?

Like some of the people on this thread have mentioned, there is a very long burn-in period to get the most out of the recent JVC IEMs, especially their FXT line (getting sub-bass and taming peaky treble). I almost wanted to sell these away the first time I got them, but I decided to let them burn-in for a few hundred hours first before making any rash decisions, and it paid off :)

With all that being said, I'm definitely sure you won't regret buying the fxt208se/200ltd's now, especially since the price has dropped quite a lot since it first released into the market. I have also bought the FX40 for a friend of mine a few years back - don't worry, the shrieking treble is worse on the FX40, FX1X, and FX101 than it is on the FXT208se. 

Besides, it's good to be be a hipster when you get something unpopular like this while others waste their cash on more expensive 'famous' products that can't even come close to these hidden gems. Speaking of hidden gems, I'll hint this to anyone interested: Knowledge Zenith :wink:

Jan 21, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #137 of 254
I just got my FXT200LTD today and I noticed that the plug has some play; the 3.5mm plug and the strain relief doesn't seem to be fused together. I can rotate the plug a bit which causes the cable to wiggle a bit. No problem with audio cutting out or signal issues though.

Sorry to ask the same question but... Can anyone confirm that their 200LTD's cable is properly fused with the strain relief and doesn't wiggle around? I returned my original pair (due to the strain relief problem) and I kinda want to re-buy them. I might even consider getting the FXT100s as well...

Jan 21, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #138 of 254

Sorry to ask the same question but... Can anyone confirm that their 200LTD's cable is properly fused with the strain relief and doesn't wiggle around? I returned my original pair (due to the strain relief problem) and I kinda want to re-buy them. I might even consider getting the FXT100s as well...

No, the strain relief and the cable are separate - the strain relief actually only attaches to the shell, while the cable attaches to the inside of the shell, so it kinda behaves like a 'skirt' around the cable. 

I used mine daily, to the point where the rubbery/siliconey strain relief actually kinda 'tore' slightly at the opening, likely due to the cable tugging against it when bent into certain positions. 

Jan 21, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #139 of 254
  No, the strain relief and the cable are separate - the strain relief actually only attaches to the shell, while the cable attaches to the inside of the shell, so it kinda behaves like a 'skirt' around the cable. 

I used mine daily, to the point where the rubbery/siliconey strain relief actually kinda 'tore' slightly at the opening, likely due to the cable tugging against it when bent into certain positions. 

Oh sorry I forgot to mention, I meant the strain relief on the plug. Wiggling the 3.5 mm plug causes the cable to wiggle.

Though seeing the earpiece strain relief on your pair seems a bit unsettling. But when I had them I though they we're quite nicely built (minus the plug). Well, I usually baby my earphones and almost never tug them (only very rarely on accident).

Jan 21, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #140 of 254

Oh sorry I forgot to mention, I meant the strain relief on the plug. Wiggling the 3.5 mm plug causes the cable to wiggle.

Though seeing the earpiece strain relief on your pair seems a bit unsettling. But when I had them I though they we're quite nicely built (minus the plug). Well, I usually baby my earphones and almost never tug them (only very rarely on accident).

Oh it's exactly the same with the 3.5 mm plug cable relief; the cable relief is like a skirt around the actual cable, not actually attached to the cable at all until past the right angle area which I can't see from outside. I can wiggle the cable even inside its cable relief. 

But yeah the damage on my earpiece side strain relief is kinda due to wear and tear.. or perhaps because I love to use it everyday. It's like this phrase I used to hear from watch collectors, something along the lines of scratches or damage being 'love marks'. 

Does your 3.5 mm jack have any problems with the audio cutting out when you wiggle it or something like that? Otherwise I think it's fine that way. 

Jan 21, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #141 of 254
  Oh it's exactly the same with the 3.5 mm plug cable relief; the cable relief is like a skirt around the actual cable, not actually attached to the cable at all until past the right angle area which I can't see from outside. I can wiggle the cable even inside its cable relief. 

But yeah the damage on my earpiece side strain relief is kinda due to wear and tear.. or perhaps because I love to use it everyday. It's like this phrase I used to hear from watch collectors, something along the lines of scratches or damage being 'love marks'. 

Does your 3.5 mm jack have any problems with the audio cutting out when you wiggle it or something like that? Otherwise I think it's fine that way. 

I see. Thanks for the confirmation!
Well, it didn't really have any connection problems when wiggled. I just saw it as a design flaw. Quite a shame, I really like the LTD's cable.
The only other problem I experience was the driver flex on one side. Though that's more of an annoyance than a problem really...

Now I wonder if the FXT100 is a different case, considering it uses a more traditional cable material (judging from the pictures).

Jan 21, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #142 of 254
I just got the CHORD MOJO today and tried them with the JVC 208SE , all I can say is... I am speechless. No more piercing highs, no more brightness, just pure goodness. 
TIMBRE, DETAILS, MIDS ARE ALL IMPROVED! 

Jan 21, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #143 of 254
  I just got the CHORD MOJO today and tried them with the JVC 208SE , all I can say is... I am speechless. No more piercing highs, no more brightness, just pure goodness. 
TIMBRE, DETAILS, MIDS ARE ALL IMPROVED! 

Yeah, it's a general rule for me to treat dual dynamic driver IEMs the same as BA's in that they sound less like what they're designed to sound like if you match it with the wrong/weak source audio outputs (including impedance mismatch). 

But damn that 0.075 ohms output impedance on the Chord Mojo is really something, lol. Wonder how it fares against my good ol' iPhone 4. 

Jan 27, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #144 of 254
I am listening to my FXT100s right now.
I just wanted to thank all on Head-Fi for helping me find the richness of music. It's like a new pair of glasses; I can see again!

PS   thank you to who ever suggested wearing these FXTs over ear. It has advanced them that much more :wink:

Jan 29, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #145 of 254
Funny enough, 2 days after ordering a pair of 200ltd, my fxt90 just gave in and broke (just the housing of left ear going apart though, some glue should fix that nicely)

More reason to look foward to 200ltd, i suppose.

Jan 31, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #146 of 254
Thank God you ordered the fxt200ltd :wink:
I love these fxt more every day. They are way under rated and should be stock piled as the price drops. The spiral dot tips are the same that are used on the fx850 and fx1100. There is a size inbetween medium and large calles ML or med-lrg, and a size between med and small called MS or med-sml. I metion this because even though the tips have to be ordered from Japan, it is really nice to have a better fitting stock ear tip instead of trying to squeeze on odd tips that actually change the sound. I want to try to listen to these iem the way they were intended to sound before I try to change them to suit my current taste. I have the fx1100, the fxt100, and the fxt200ltd so that I can enjoy both their strengths and their weaknesses. I know that modding and criticism are popular on this forum (restricting bass ports) and so is appreciation.
I just realized that I am contradicting myself, as I am looking into after market cables for my fx1100?!&
I think what I am trying to say is that I love JVC iem's :rolleyes:

Feb 3, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #147 of 254
Can someone help me understand why the kenwood/jvc site lists ha-fxt200 and 200ltd, but another site called jvc.net offers the 208se?

And the Kenwood site lists the ha-fxt100 as current, and the .net site does not. 

Feb 3, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #148 of 254
208se is just the alternate name of 200ltd for chinese/asian market, they are the same.
As for fxt100, I think its not offically being sold outside japanese market.

My pair wont be here until the end of february due to holidays, welp. The wait can be agonizing

Feb 15, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #149 of 254
Guess what just arrive at my home today

Edit: Alright, quick first impression: either my fxt90 has been broken all along, or 200ltd is really different from fxt90. The first thing is that 200ltd is much more thick and darker than (my) fxt90. The bass is the kind of bass i alway wanted on fxt90, more punchy and more viberation (probably due to more quantity, i asume) and at the same time, controling is very good. I got good treble tolerate (i think) so so far i dont feel uncomfortable with the high. The sound is more "in the face" than fxt90, i can sense a better layering, but not too sure about that right now. However its noticable that the sound extends very far and well to the sides. 

Feb 18, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #150 of 254
I have ordered the FXT-200LTD in search for good bass and better mids and highs as compared to my XB90EX and Audio Technica CKS77x. Any opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back