JVC HA-FXT100, HA-FXT200, HA-FXT200 LTD HI-SPEED
Feb 18, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #151 of 254
I have ordered the FXT-200LTD in search for good bass and better mids and highs as compared to my XB90EX and Audio Technica CKS77x. Any opinions?

xb90ex area  great IEM... what source are you using?

Feb 20, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #153 of 254
  just bought fxt-208SE yesterday. but now feel that it lacks the bass quantity. might be getting the cks 1100 later lol

I find these pair have a bit more than enough bass quantity for rocks (which is my most listened genre), but then they are not really basshead IEMs. Should have gone for fxt100 since those are actually bass heavy ones.

I am gonna give my pair some more listen before writing something here.

Feb 20, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #154 of 254
  Just got the HA-FXT208se's few days back, Im not much of an audiophile myself so this is just my 2 cents of how this earphone sounds. 
*Note: I have only burned them in for about 30 hours as of today and will update the news of whether the sound changes or not.

Bass: It is strong, dynamic and full. The bass goes down low, but not to the extent of bass rumbling. It feels a bit lacking in the mid-bass but we shall see over the next 200 hours or so.

Mids:  Very forward and fast, certainly pleasant and tight. Very detailed , love it.

Highs: The highs are clean and crisp. Really really loving these.
          Can be a bit ear piercing as I think I am a bit treble sensitive. 

Hopefully after letting them settle shall see how the SQ differ.

*Edit Burned in at 75 hours, 
Bass: The lower bass became even deeper than before (There's more rumble to it). The mid bass has improved abit. Upper bass remains the same.

Mids: Still the same 

Highs: The highs are getting less ear piercing and has changed slightly. 

The difference are noticeable as I use the same songs to tell the difference everyday and I can assure it is not brain burn-in or (placebo effect) . Tips are still the spiral dot ear-tips , I tried using the Beyer's dual flange tips but doesn't sound as good as the spiral dot-tips in terms of soundstage. Im planning to buy the Spinfit tips, are they any good?

Feb 21, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #155 of 254
  I find these pair have a bit more than enough bass quantity for rocks (which is my most listened genre), but then they are not really basshead IEMs. Should have gone for fxt100 since those are actually bass heavy ones.

I am gonna give my pair some more listen before writing something here.

have not tried the fxt100, but have tried the cks 1100, but felt that the bass covered the vocals too much. but i guess that is what i liked, i need the vibration..upgraded from a spoiled AT-im50 after 2 years

Feb 21, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #156 of 254
Decided to sell on my FXT's if anyone here is interested...http://www.head-fi.org/t/799139/jvc-fxt-200

Feb 22, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #157 of 254
In relation to previous posts, my FXT208SE's have already gone through more than 300 hours of burn in, it is truly wonderful for a twin dynamic earphone , just another two cents for you guys looking for better sound quality you may look into the JVC woodie series (i.e fx1200/1100 or the 850's) The mids on those are just on another level in terms of resolution. The FXT's do fair quite well but just not as satisfying as the woodies if you love that certain timbre it has on the woodies which indulges me very much. Moreover, the woodies are not short of bass either, Treble on them are also splendid. 

Top off any dac/amp would bring out the FXT's their full potential.
Cheers. 

Feb 23, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #158 of 254
I think i am gonna just throw my 2 cents on these iems, considering there's so few people frequent this thread (its probably just me at this point). Please note that I am no expert on audio so my opinion isn't solid. Also I picked the FXT200ltd

First of, the comfort: Unlike FXT90, I was actually struggling to find that sweet spot of comfort for these 200ltd. The right one just fit in fine, I dont need to move it around too much, but the left one on the other hand will hurt my ear if i dont put it in that perfect position. Even if i get it in the right place, moving my head around too much will dislocate it and cause my ear to ache. For the past 2 years i have never had any discomfort with my FXT90 thanks to its shallow fit, but that's probably just my ear.
 - Isolation and microphonic: Because of the bass port on the back of housing, these phones don't isolate sound well, I would not recommend using them whille working out, commuting or using in loud enviroment. Microphonic is another issue, its not too severe but using the cable clip is recommended.
 - Sound:
   + Bass: Coming from FXT90, when i first listened to these phones I was welcome by a wall of bass. Well, not exactly "wall of bass" but pretty sure the 200ltd has a somewhat thick, bodily characteristic. Its nowhere near basshead level however, I find it the about right for most of my albums, but on certain records it can be too much, causing the sound to be slightly muddied. I checked and found them to extend to 25hz, so i assume sub-bass extend well. These sounds fabulous with pop songs, but i think metalheads may not enjoy it, not because its unable to control fast song but more like because of the quantity. I listened to that Stain of time song from Metal Gear Rising and i think the beats arent sticking together, unlike my S500 which did that poorly. The bass of 200ltd has tight impact and at the same time allow bass guitar to roar, which i really adore.
   + Mid: imo the mid of 200ltd isnt overshadowred by the low, It stands out quite well, and remains clear. Male vocal is my main dish and only a very few records that has male vocal being sunk into the sea of bass, due to bad mixing/mastering. Mid isn't recess either, It feels pretty fowarded 
   + High: I consider myself to have good treble tolerance, and i hardly find these to be harsh/piercing. However comapring to mid and low, it seems like the high slightly back away, giving the overall sound a darker feel, comparing to how FXT90 sounds. It is still bright sounding,i think, but just not as bright as i liked. 
The thing is, Its pretty strange that some people say FXT200ltd is an upgrade from FXT90, while i find them to be rather different from each other. Whether the FXT90 is a balanced iem with slightly fowarded high, giving it a smooth and bright sound, the FXT200ltd is more of a fun sounding iem with slight emphasis on the low and lower-mid.

+Soundstage: I actually bought these for the soundstage, and boy i was not disappointed. Although it took me some time to understand the sound, i eventually realize how well these phones can do with its soundstage. While the width is just a little better than FXT90, the depth and layering is nothing but the next level on these 200ltd. To put it, with my FXT90 and S500, it sounds like I let my face being close the wall, like just 1cm close, then speak a phrase, after that I back out like a meter and say that same phrase again, that's how the 200ltd going to sound like. There's space and air to it, but not simply just having space and air, the 200ltd knows how fill that space with sound (not sure if i am overemphasizing it). Most of the time i used to listen to these iems was about rediscovering my library with the newly found and upgraded soundstage.

Another thing that i personaly found is that how unforgiving these phones can be, mostly in its soundstage department. It brings out the muddy/veiled side of many records (I mostly listen to indie/doujin stuff, home-made stuff you know) while i can overlook that with FXT90. Same for mixing, there's dfferences between amater who makes a song sound like they recorded it in a very small, tight and confined booth and a pro who makes song sound like you are in room with better positioned and layered instruments

Feb 23, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #159 of 254
They are so similarly shaped but I too find fxt90 a bit more comfortable.

Feb 23, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #160 of 254
I have just received my FXT200 LTD. Bassy almost as my XB90EX (less sub bass) but clear mids and highs! Not as ear-piercing as my Audio Technica CKS77x. Good buy! Do you recommend Comply foams to isolate them better? Thanks

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5X mediante Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #162 of 254
Which model? T400?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5X mediante Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #163 of 254

I've listened to these for the past 40 minutes or so. They sound great; didn't sound too different from the FXZ200s. I thought that JVC was able to condense the sound of the FXZ200s' triple-driver configuration into those two drivers. I couldn't hear any real issues. They just sounded good

Well, until I started listening to the FXZ200s to compare. The FXT200s(LTD) aren't on the same level in well, everything. They are louder and have a more "surround" sound, but the FXZ200s (Right now with a million hours) sound better to me. So far, I haven't heard much to really put them above (Or on the same level with) the FXZ200s, nor any differentiating factors about the spiral dot tips, or the hi-speed drivers. It's not to say that they sound bad, or they aren't worth the money. I wanted to hear for myself how these sound, as I was beginning to wonder if JVC would ever upgrade the FX line. I'll burn these for the week and see how they develop. They do fit a lot better, and have the same amount of details.

I will give two song examples:

Julian Gomes - Love Song 28
FXT200(LTD): This sounded pretty good with these. As I listened to them, I wondered: what is this bass problem that I heard the guys talk about? I'm sure not hearing it. In the song, the transition that happens at 0:10 is easier to hear. This was one of the songs that led me to initially conclude that these headphones were the same sound in a smaller, cheaper config. Until...

FXZ200: The baseline that starts at 0:34 sounded more like how the song is meant to sound: a song you hear in the nightclub. It's like you have subwoofers by your ears. It's so clean. As I continued to listen to it, I enjoyed the FXZ200s more.  

Toni Braxton - Let It Flow
FXT200(LTD): Toni's voice is powerful, and the song is more encompassing. The bass here actually thumps harder, which can easily get fatiguing. 

FXZ200: As soon as I put the song on, the bass sounded different. The song is quieter, which lends to the illusion of a real person singing. 

Feb 23, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #165 of 254
Among all the JVCs I have - FX102, C51, D80, T90, Z200, and 750, the FXZ200 has the most balanced signature while others have strong emphasis on either bass or treble or both. The FXZ200 has elevated yet tight bass but I find its amount is just right and never be overwhelming nor too boomy like others.

Also the FXZ200 midrange does not sound as thin like the others - it is lush and full-sounding, though not realistic like the FX750 though ( and the FX750 is darn recessed).

Again, I love how the FXZ200 sounds more balanced than the other lineups. I consider it as my audiophile's bass-head earphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back