JVC HA-FX850 iem. Woody
Feb 25, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #66 of 578
Not to my ears there not...the cardas is a bass head level bass but also with excellent midrange to go with that and some nice treble to boot:blush::sunglasses:

Thanks. But I don't quite understand your reply. So JVC have toned down the bass department in FX850? I'm asking because the FX700 was a VERY powerful bass IEM, so it's surprising that JVC made the FX850 more neutral? 

Feb 26, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #68 of 578
Just got these. Too early to say much about sound, but from memory they do have more mids than FX700. Still quite a significant bass/mid-bass bump, maybe even more than FX700. Highs seem roughly the same, if a tad recessed compared to FX700 but extending very well. Same kind of timbre overall.

Build quality is excellent, as one would expect. Cable is great, continuing JVC tradition - solid and thick, yet flexible and without microphonics. Reminds me of FXZ200. I like the idea of replaceable cable, although I wish they made the plug terminations smaller. As a side note, I have an aftermarket Shure-type cable which fits FX850 but falls off quite easily (although I don't have any issues using it with XBA-H3).

They are heavy and big, but well designed and fit my ears well (but then I did not have any issues with FXZ200 and XBA-H3, so I'm probably not a reference
smile.gif
).

Feb 26, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #71 of 578
  thank you for your impressions.  Do you find they fall out when moving about?  I remember having that issue with the  FX700 even when I had a good seal.

Not an issue for me, but keep in mind that I found FX700 to be ok as well from this point of view (except at times in the gym). I also use a shirt clip with all my IEMs, this helps a bit.

Feb 26, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #73 of 578
Maybe one of the other models will have less bass.
frown.gif

FX650 suppose to have the least amount of bass between the three. The FX750 suppose to be to on the lines of the FX700 in bass, and the FX850 was suppose to be more balanced (but full) sounding of the three.

Feb 26, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #74 of 578
FX650 suppose to have the least amount of bass between the three. The FX750 suppose to be to on the lines of the FX700 in bass, and the FX850 was suppose to be more balanced (but full) sounding of the three.

Are you going to pick one or more up? Would really like to read some hands on impressions of them, especially from previous fx700 users. Also looking forward to james444 thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back