Just bought a PS2 and here's why
Dec 1, 2006 at 4:26 PM Post #47 of 54
i need that arcade DIY stick BAD. REAL BAD.

Dec 1, 2006 at 5:11 PM Post #48 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Holybanana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll disagree with you.
It's an amazing console with wonderfull games, and you can just download a game from the net and it will work, no need for a chip or anything.
Of course the graphics is nothing compared to the current consoles, but the games themselves are super fun in my opinion.
I got my second one for 40$, just as a backup. I have 5 cd boxes full os games.

Guys, if you have a chance, get a cheap Dreamcast.
You can't reallt beat that fot the price.

Agreed, Dreamcast = pwn.

Plus the amazing amount of emulators you can burn onto a disc for it. one 700mb disc, you can burn a NES emulator, and all the north american releases, and play them on the DC. Same goes for SNES, Genesis, Master System, GB,GBC, and many others.. N64 can also run, but its very buggy and slow. The DC is a awesome console.

Dec 1, 2006 at 5:14 PM Post #49 of 54
you know, i tried to do that once, but the cdi image burn onto a disc just didn't seem to want to play on my dreamcast. i'm pretty sure i burned it as a cd image, not a data disc, but still no go. so i just said forget it and ebayed for Marvel Vs Capcom 2, which rules. and uh, you know, did things for Capcom vs SNK 2 and Street Fighter III: Third Strike. dirty things.

Dec 1, 2006 at 5:38 PM Post #50 of 54
The DC is probably my favorite console period, with the PS2 playing catch up due to the amazing games this year (such as XII, Okami, etc.). To say that it wasn't all that great... at the time it was amazing, nothing since has wowed me as much as DC did back in the day.

I was lucky to get all the DC games when they came out, MVC2 fetches quite a bit these days. I only regret never buying Garou: Mark of the Wolves, when I saw it at Best Buy for $25 4 years ago. I just didn't have the money then. For fighting games though, DC was nigh UNBEATABLE. Last Blade 2, SFIII, Mark of the Wolves, Project Justice, Virtua On: OT, MVC, MVC2, Soul Calibur, Guilty Gear, KoF, I'm probably missing a bunch, but man the thing had it all....

And I agree about the DC version of MVC being most accurate, it was built on the NAOMI board after all
icon10.gif

The only game I ever burned for DC was Ikaruga, since it never came to the US, (it did on GC, but that was like 1 year after I burned it lol) it was an amazing game. Jahn, you probably had a bad rip of MVC... If you burned it in NERO as a CD image, it should have booted up.

Anywho, PS2 is hands down the best system you can buy right now, unless you like FPS, then your best bet is a MS system. The system is cheap, and there are scores of great AAA games to be had in every imaginable genre.

Catch you later,
Id

Dec 1, 2006 at 5:43 PM Post #51 of 54
chillax guys, I just said I thought it wasn't that great; not crappy or anything.
tongue.gif

Dec 1, 2006 at 5:47 PM Post #52 of 54
Well, I can understand, the games aren't really for everyone, if you're into arcade and hardcore games the thing is like a haven.

Dec 1, 2006 at 11:19 PM Post #53 of 54
I've had a dreamcast for 6 years, just know getting the PS2 because I was told the PS2 isn't much of an improvement. My dreamcast died so I ordered the PS2 with a chip.

Dec 2, 2006 at 2:50 AM Post #54 of 54
I want one of the new silver slim ones. Gran Turismo 4 is my game of choice, along with Final Fantasy XII, Tekken 5, Rez, and Metal Gear Solid 3. I've been waiting to get one since it was introduced...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back