Just bought a PS2 and here's why
Nov 30, 2006 at 2:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

regal

Headphoneus Supremus
My Child is very very desructive to shiney disks. At $50 a pop you better believe I am going to have a backup. With the PS3 that isn't an option. With the Xbox360 you have to have one of the earlier models. With the PS2 games are cheap and I can keep a backup for when the silvers are ruined.

Nov 30, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #5 of 54
PS2's are great. Free online play, huge loads of games, and you can even back up your games on a hard drive and run them off of that.
If I had to choose between an original Xbox and a PS2, I would choose the PS2, because I like online gaming (socom) more than single player, especially when it's at no extra charge.
Unfortunately, I have no consoles. My latest handheld is a PSP. Very nice little unit.

Nov 30, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #6 of 54
Here's all the reason you need to justify a PS2 purchase.

rez-1.jpg

ico-351.jpg

Metal%20Gear%20Solid%202%20bilde%201.jpg

BTW, does anyone know if the new PS2s are going to go down in price any time soon? I want one of the new slim ones.

Nov 30, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #7 of 54
I am almost 50 and have always been a PC gamer. Never liked the consoles because of the lack of mod ability....and way too many buttons on the damn controler! I admit the new low price on the PS2 and cost of games has me thinking about purchasing one. I currently love the Call Of Duty series and the 3rd game is not available for PC yet (ba$#@rds deserted us) and also many online players have some very fast machines. Unless I spend big bucks for a new rig the console route wil even the field, leaving only the connection speed as a factor.

Nov 30, 2006 at 3:40 AM Post #8 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROphonez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PS2's are great. Free online play, huge loads of games, and you can even back up your games on a hard drive and run them off of that.
If I had to choose between an original Xbox and a PS2, I would choose the PS2, because I like online gaming (socom) more than single player, especially when it's at no extra charge.
Unfortunately, I have no consoles. My latest handheld is a PSP. Very nice little unit.

Live play on the PS2 is awful.. Being free isn't a positive thing.. Awful online experience.. Played 10 PS2 games online..Interface is clunky & looks crappy.. You have to make a differnt tag & PW for each game played, plus other info.. I'd rather pay 50.00 & have a great online gaming experience, minus the idiots ofcourse..

Nov 30, 2006 at 3:42 AM Post #9 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by trains are bad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's all the reason you need to justify a PS2 purchase.

rez-1.jpg

ico-351.jpg

Metal%20Gear%20Solid%202%20bilde%201.jpg

BTW, does anyone know if the new PS2s are going to go down in price any time soon? I want one of the new slim ones.

They are down to $129 now...I think that is a pretty good price (and it is the new slim one)

Nov 30, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #10 of 54
I've seen $100 PS2s in stores. FYE has em, for one.

Nov 30, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #11 of 54
Ps2 is my favorite system, but damn do I hate the load times. (and the hit-or-miss graphics) Tried playing some of the more recent rpgs (specifically suikoden v), and there was noticeable loading before/after every fight. Drove me nuts, I've considered putting the games on a HDD, but I don't wanna drop fifty bones on the network adapter.

Nov 30, 2006 at 4:25 AM Post #13 of 54
anyone have a good link for modding the ps2? i googled it and got alot of sites for ordering the chips but not a basic faq type of article...and i am not too much interested in playing import games so for thoses who have modded theirs is it because of the ability to "back up" their games(or blockbusters?
icon10.gif
)

Nov 30, 2006 at 4:38 AM Post #14 of 54
Ahem...Shadow of the Colossus!!!

Plus an incredible backlog of AAA titles to play for CHEAP.

Nov 30, 2006 at 4:45 AM Post #15 of 54
1911, i demand that you bring Guitar Hero 2 to Vegas so we can play it in the hotel room! with the strippers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back