JHA JH16 Pro (Freqphase) vs Rooth LS8
Dec 16, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #16 of 38
Well the reason I'm picking the 16s over the 13s is because I like the amount of bass being offered by the IE80, expect I wished there was less mid-bass (which is what the JH16 did). I would add the UM Merlin to this, but the Merlin's treble and mids are more distant than the Miracles, while the Miracles have what I'm looking for in the mids and treble.

Right now, I'm leaning towards the JH16 Pro mainly because I want to try out the new Freqphase technology, but also because the Miracles take a while to build and the LS8 is less available. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Dec 16, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #17 of 38
I'm glad you posted this thread because I'm looking for my first custom and you described exactly what I'm looking for, I'm in the UK so customs get pretty expensive but I'm leaning towards the Rooth LS4 at the moment.

Dec 16, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #18 of 38
Quote:
I'm glad you posted this thread because I'm looking for my first custom and you described exactly what I'm looking for, I'm in the UK so customs get pretty expensive but I'm leaning towards the Rooth LS4 at the moment.

Did you check out average_joe's thread? The Earsonics EM4 or EM6 might be what your looking for. Obviously I haven't heard any of them so I can't comment.

Dec 16, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #19 of 38
Yeah I was very interested in both of those but the just come out a little bit too expensive for me, I think if I was going to go that high I'd just go Heir 8.a tbh. I demo'ed the 1964 V3, V6 and Q last week and was very impressed so for me i think £500 is about my limit.

Dec 16, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #20 of 38
Quote:
Yeah I was very interested in both of those but the just come out a little bit too expensive for me, I think if I was going to go that high I'd just go Heir 8.a tbh. I demo'ed the 1964 V3, V6 and Q last week and was very impressed so for me i think £500 is about my limit.

From what I've read, the UM Merlin should be a good match for you.

Dec 16, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #21 of 38
Get the Miracle. That's all there is to it.

Dec 16, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #22 of 38
I see you've got the Miracle and the V6, what's your opinion between them?

Dec 16, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #24 of 38
Dec 16, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #25 of 38
Well the Miracle is ultimately the better ones, but at a higher price. I can see the Miracle would please everyone, not so with the V-6, although I believe that's what 1964 Ears was aiming at. But in reality some would prefer the sound of the V-6 and some wouldn't, though I'd imagine the majority of people would like the V-6 sound. For me, there are times I found the V-6 lacking compared to my other phones, and other times they sound spectacular.

And as I mentioned before, it doesn't matter how much praise some headphones get, if you don't like it then you don't like it. Your ears are the ultimate judges. So, I would say do as much research as you can, make the decision and be happy with it.

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #26 of 38
Ok, now I'm down to the JH16 Pro or the UM Miracle. My main concern is that the Miracle may be too "neutral" for me and have a flat and boring sound. The JH16 has a more "fun" and lively sound, so I just want to know which one I should go after. The UM Miracle has satisfactory bass quantity from what I've read, it just comes down to which one sounds better as a whole.

Thanks!

Dec 20, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #27 of 38
Help anyone? If anyone can share their opinion on these customs, it would be appreciated.

Also, if someone has owned the Miracle and other customs, would you consider the Miracle "boring" and neutral sounding like the IERM, balanced like ES5, or fun like JH16

Dec 24, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #30 of 38
im also in a similar situation, and my sound is also very similar to what uve described - coming from the ie8-  really considering the v6 since i've read up on the jhaudio service woes, im an intl customer and im worried about not being able to get in touch with the guys at jh,, most people have sent 4-5 emails before getting any kind of response ... i was thinking about heir 4/8a or 1964 v6 incl the jh13 pro. buying customs is confusing for sure.

u only removed the 8a for the flashy artwork or sound? considering the latter would be more important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back