JHA JH16 Pro (Freqphase) vs Rooth LS8
Dec 24, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #31 of 38
Quote:
Ok, now I'm down to the JH16 Pro or the UM Miracle. My main concern is that the Miracle may be too "neutral" for me and have a flat and boring sound. The JH16 has a more "fun" and lively sound, so I just want to know which one I should go after. The UM Miracle has satisfactory bass quantity from what I've read, it just comes down to which one sounds better as a whole.

Thanks!

If you really want ie80 low bass quantity without the mid bleed, I think your original assessment of the 16 meeting your needs was a good one. Heir 8a would likely be another but I haven't heard it.

Dec 24, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #32 of 38
im also in a similar situation, and my sound is also very similar to what uve described - coming from the ie8-  really considering the v6 since i've read up on the jhaudio service woes, im an intl customer and im worried about not being able to get in touch with the guys at jh,, most people have sent 4-5 emails before getting any kind of response ... i was thinking about heir 4/8a or 1964 v6 incl the jh13 pro. buying customs is confusing for sure.

u only removed the 8a for the flashy artwork or sound? considering the latter would be more important.

If you haven't checked it out already, consider the EM4 from Earsonics. I took out the 8A because I'm afraid it'll attract attention because I said I used them outside.

Dec 25, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #33 of 38
euro payment is workin out much more expensive for me.. im paying almost 200$ more then i would for the jh16 so the earsonics is out of the question. thanks for the recomendation since the sm3 is supposed to be one of the best for trance/house genre, im sure their ciem lineup is just as good... just out of my budget unfortunately.

Dec 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #35 of 38
It really depends on what you value more; PRAT/ fun factor or neutrality/ balanced sounding.

I am currently using UM Miracle and previously Westone ES5. I love Miracle's balanced sound signature. Its forte is clarity, sound stage and treble performance. Miracle will be more suitable if you have a lot of Jazz or audiphile music.

JH16 is more bassy and fun sounding. If you listen to a lot of Pop, Rock or Metal, JH16 will defintely provide you with more value with its quick PRAT.

There's really no one do-it-all customs I am afraid.

Dec 25, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #36 of 38
Quote:
You can always choose a simpler design. Or without any design. Consider it is 25% off it is a good deal

Well it is hard to driver with lower-end sources, DAPs, and portable amps, so that makes portability a problem.

Quote:
It really depends on what you value more; PRAT/ fun factor or neutrality/ balanced sounding.

I am currently using UM Miracle and previously Westone ES5. I love Miracle's balanced sound signature. Its forte is clarity, sound stage and treble performance. Miracle will be more suitable if you have a lot of Jazz or audiphile music.

JH16 is more bassy and fun sounding. If you listen to a lot of Pop, Rock or Metal, JH16 will defintely provide you with more value with its quick PRAT.

There's really no one do-it-all customs I am afraid.

The problem is I'm looking for something that is as technical as the Miracle but the musically fun like the JH16 Pros. :frowning2: Other than the Personal Reference Monitor by UE, I wish there was a do-it-all custom.

----

After some more research, I decided the Miracle wasn't for me and that it might be too boring and neutral (After all I am coming from the IE8s :p). I contacted Rooth, who said they were able to build a LS8 and ship it to the US.

In that case its now between the LS8 and the JH16 Pro Freqphase.

Dec 25, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #37 of 38
http://en.goldenears.net/GR_Earphones Both the jh16 and 8+ are measured. Ignore the first 'percieved' graph and look at the measured response etc. This will be the old 16 and they are very similar overall. I think the 16 looks slightly better depending on which channel's bass curve you trust. Less severe abberations but draw your own conclusions. The new 16 has been noted as a clear improvement by those that have listened but I we have no measurements to verify anything. It's also the Rooth 8+ that's measured here and not the 8. The 8+ is probably the one you should look at judging from this. http://www.head-fi.org/t/611419/rooth-demos-the-evaluation-of-rooth-lineup-liquid-clarity So I'd compare the 8+ to the 16 and perhaps the Heir 8a and call it a day. The Heir and JH currently have sales.

Dec 25, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #38 of 38
Quote:
http://en.goldenears.net/GR_Earphones Both the jh16 and 8+ are measured. Ignore the first 'percieved' graph and look at the measured response etc. This will be the old 16 and they are very similar overall. I think the 16 looks slightly better depending on which channel's bass curve you trust. Less severe abberations but draw your own conclusions. The new 16 has been noted as a clear improvement by those that have listened but I we have no measurements to verify anything. It's also the Rooth 8+ that's measured here and not the 8. The 8+ is probably the one you should look at judging from this. http://www.head-fi.org/t/611419/rooth-demos-the-evaluation-of-rooth-lineup-liquid-clarity So I'd compare the 8+ to the 16 and perhaps the Heir 8a and call it a day. The Heir and JH currently have sales.

Is the LS8+ a dramatic change in price? the LS8 is at $1030, while the JH16 is currently at $975 from the New Year's discount.

I wish there were more JH16 Freqphase graphs, because I do want to see how the new model performs, as I've heard praise about the new one being much better. I guess I'll wait and see.

Thanks for the input, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back