JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV
Mar 23, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #1,142 of 1,931
My mail-order bride Angie came into the mail about two minutes ago...

I have to rush out the door to get to work but to answer the question about size/fit, it's slightly larger than the JH16s (mostly on the upper-ear region) and it's a tiny bit wider horizontally.

In-ear photos and impressions to follow...

Nice! Is that a custom angie? The cable is different in color too.

Mar 23, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #1,143 of 1,931
  https://www.unitedstatescourts.org/f...05579/1-0.html

I guess JH Audio feels threatened by 1964 Ears I can see if it were a new design for a balanced armature, but its just for using dual drivers together. So is JH going to go after every company using duals. If that was the case it would be a Monopoly for JH very disturbing someone posted this on the 1964 Ears forum.

I will receive my daily dose of irony when JH goes after UE and Westone :p ... also plenty of prior art for this, not sure how they got the patent in the first place, but it is one of the easiest grounds for invalidation given the patent was filed in 2010, when multidriver IEMs were already common.

Mar 24, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #1,145 of 1,931
  My mail-order bride Angie came into the mail about two minutes ago...

I have to rush out the door to get to work but to answer the question about size/fit, it's slightly larger than the JH16s (mostly on the upper-ear region) and it's a tiny bit wider horizontally.

In-ear photos and impressions to follow...

Interesting! When you get a chance please do post. i have the 16s and looking to upgrade but don't know how much of a SQ improve there is between Angie and JH16s. If you feel comfortable doing it, can you post  pic of the CIEM in your ear to get a better perspective on how bigger the Angies are?

Thanks much!

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #1,146 of 1,931
Anybody have got any recommendations for tips to use with the Angie? The included large silicone tips seem too small as well. Tried tips like ortofon and spin fit but doesn't stay on the bore as it's abit slippery.

Mar 25, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #1,149 of 1,931
Anybody have got any recommendations for tips to use with the Angie? The included large silicone tips seem too small as well. Tried tips like ortofon and spin fit but doesn't stay on the bore as it's abit slippery.

I use the Phonak grey silicons. 

Mar 25, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #1,150 of 1,931

Interesting! When you get a chance please do post. i have the 16s and looking to upgrade but don't know how much of a SQ improve there is between Angie and JH16s. If you feel comfortable doing it, can you post  pic of the CIEM in your ear to get a better perspective on how bigger the Angies are?

Thanks much!

Threw in some sideburns. I'll be able to do another round of comparisons with the universal Angies, JH16s FP, Roxy, Layla, etc towards the end of the week.

Mar 25, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #1,153 of 1,931
I was really worried about the Layla sticking out a lot, but it sits fairly flush now that I've figured out the whole fit thing. It's also super secure and the big faceplate/body creates a second layer of seal in addition to the eartips. They sort of fit like the way they look on Jerry and I think they look awesome. When I got them initially and couldn't figure out how to wear them properly they were like ping-pong balls taped to my ears but now they look like something for rockstars 
devil_face.gif

Mar 28, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #1,154 of 1,931
So I was watching Jude in his latest two videos and he mentions that the Layla is the best IEM he has ever heard including CIEMs. I then realized Jude has the Noble Prestige K10. Now I'm wondering if I should even get a K10U because there is a chance it's not even a sidegrade but a "downgrade"?
devil_face.gif

Mar 28, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #1,155 of 1,931
So I was watching Jude in his latest two videos and he mentions that the Layla is the best IEM he has ever heard including CIEMs. I then realized Jude has the Noble Prestige K10. Now I'm wondering if I should even get a K10U because there is a chance it's not even a sidegrade but a "downgrade"? :devil_face:  

Just buy all the TOTL IEMs and do an über review so I can choose one......... pretty please. :veryevil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back