JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Nov 4, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #5,671 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes that's what I mean
normal_smile .gif

So maybe Jerry is working on a more neutral JH16 too?

I didn't read it that way. I read it as "the JH16 is primarily for stage use, but can also be used for other things". I doubt he'd have two monitors with the same model number.

Nov 4, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #5,672 of 10,747
Or maybe he's changing the JH16 to having a more neutral presentation now. But who knows, let's just wait and see. While i myself can't wait to see the two 5 driver customs i have designed and getting UM to make for me =)

Nov 4, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #5,673 of 10,747
I feel bad for the people who bought the JH13pro and are now listening to inferior, basically obsolete IEM's.
wink.gif

Even though Jerry described them as stage monitors, I have to believe that they'll take the position of new flagship IEM on head-fi. I'm curious to see what details emerge about this new product.

My impression is that JH is approaching the IEM market from a different perspective than most of the other competing companies. He seems to be on the cutting edge of trying to improve his business and generate interest in his products. Offering discounts and developing new models at a pace that far exceeds what we're likely to see from Westone/UE.

I would feel nervous if I were one of those companies. Jerry could end up seriously undercutting their market if he has TWO different monitors that exceed anything another company has. Just price the JH11's at the price of the ES3X and the JH16 at the UE11 price.

I could see UM and JH taking a lot of market share over the next couple of years.

Nov 4, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #5,674 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel bad for the people who bought the JH13pro and are now listening to inferior, basically obsolete IEM's.
wink.gif

Yeah, I mean, now they just sound like complete poo, what a waste, guess I better start pining for the one with the higher model number
rolleyes.gif

Nov 4, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #5,676 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I mean, now they just sound like complete poo, what a waste, guess I better start pining for the one with the higher model number
rolleyes.gif

It's funny how before the JH16's were discovered, I thought the JH13pro's sounded pretty good. After I read about the JH16, though, I could swear that the highs have started to sound rolled off.

The JH16's sound sooo much better. I mean, I can understand how some people could still be happy with the 13's...don't get me wrong. But once you hear the 16's, you simply can't go back. Like fingernails on a chalk board, once you've had a taste of the real top end IEM's.

Nov 4, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #5,677 of 10,747
So the JH13 appreciation thread all of a sudden becomes the JH13 disappoinment thread? I still enjoy my jh13 quite a bit.

Nov 4, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #5,678 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by nycdoi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
we can use the JH13 as a perfect-fit mold( if they are) when we order the 16!

Excellent point. And I just saw a pair of JH13pro's go for $250 on the FS forum, so it's possible to recover some of the cost, too! Put that towards the JH16 and we're in business...

Don't get me wrong, I'd still pay $6-700 for a pair of new JH13pro's from Jerry, but any more than that and you might as well just go for the JH16's, which offer 40% better performance with the new drivers he's using for them.

Nov 4, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #5,679 of 10,747
Quote:

Excellent point. And I just saw a pair of JH13pro's go for $250 on the FS forum, so it's possible to recover some of the cost, too! Put that towards the JH16 and we're in business...

Don't get me wrong, I'd still pay $6-700 for a pair of new JH13pro's from Jerry, but any more than that and you might as well just go for the JH16's, which offer 40% better performance with the new drivers he's using for them.

Considering they won't be released for a while I'm still gonna stick with the 13s. Unless they offer making prototypes of the 16s now
tongue.gif

Nov 4, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #5,680 of 10,747
Quote:

I actually wouldn't mind paying a grand for the JH13 still, just don't price the 16 a big jump from the 13, maybe something like $1200.

Now now, they aren't going to be 40% better...more like 14% i'm guessing. The higher you go up the line, the harder to achieve an improvement in performance.

Nov 4, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #5,681 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anybody notice the 1st?

If u read through the whole text again, JH actually saying that JH13 never meant to be a live earpiece but he found out that it can be used as one after mixing with it. JH16, on the other hand, designed as a live earpiece from ground up.

Nov 4, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #5,682 of 10,747
Quote:

well you don't see a price drop on any other of jerry's model because of the 13.
at MOST we will see a fate similar to the jh11..

okay enough of of being sarcastic.
everyone loves their jh13.

Nov 4, 2009 at 7:15 AM Post #5,683 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the JH13 appreciation thread all of a sudden becomes the JH13 disappoinment thread? I still enjoy my jh13 quite a bit.

I am not disappointed at all. From Jerry's description, I think the JH16 is just going to be tailor made for live musicians who need a totally neutral sound and that it can support much higher listening volumes, that's all.

Nov 4, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #5,685 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotdoggie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not disappointed at all. From Jerry's description, I think the JH16 is just going to be tailor made for live musicians who need a totally neutral sound and that it can support much higher listening volumes, that's all.

Yup I doubt there's much difference in sound...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back