JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Nov 4, 2009 at 10:56 AM Post #5,686 of 10,747
OMG
JH16pro? I just didn't check this thread for like ...ummm 1 week and there's JH16pro developing?!?!
Jerry's working too hard.

AND I think my wallet also need a break LOL

Nov 4, 2009 at 10:59 AM Post #5,687 of 10,747
but anyway
I am ENJOYING my 13pro very much.
All my poor iems will be sleeping in the drawer for a very long time.
[maybe almost forever]

Nov 4, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #5,689 of 10,747
Anyone knows if the default transparent black in the order form is like edwood's black,

Edwood_JH13_01.jpg

or is it like this?

imgp7439.jpg

Nov 4, 2009 at 11:48 AM Post #5,692 of 10,747
If you're burning for a certain shade of black just send them a photo or image depicting what you want and they'll get you somewhere in that area.

Nov 4, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #5,693 of 10,747
I've had to send my 10X3s back to JHA as the plug connectors were impacting on the left and right tragus. However, by earpieces got lost by FedEx on the way back to me...

Unlucky I hear you say? Not at all! I'm getting a new set remade, but instead of getting 10X3s, I feel that fate has intervened and I'm paying the extra for a set of JH13s!

Will soon be joining the club!

(With apologies to MaoDi)

Nov 4, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #5,694 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotdoggie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not disappointed at all. From Jerry's description, I think the JH16 is just going to be tailor made for live musicians who need a totally neutral sound and that it can support much higher listening volumes, that's all.

live musicians dont use a more highly neutral sound at all, most will be tune to reveal their particular part more clearly. singers the mids, drummers the bass and highs, bass players the bass and maybe a little highs for click track. so they may have more headroom, but I do not think this automatically means they will be neutral, in fact i'm thinking quite the opposite, but hey its all conjecture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel bad for the people who bought the JH13pro and are now listening to inferior, basically obsolete IEM's.
wink.gif

Even though Jerry described them as stage monitors, I have to believe that they'll take the position of new flagship IEM on head-fi. I'm curious to see what details emerge about this new product.

My impression is that JH is approaching the IEM market from a different perspective than most of the other competing companies. He seems to be on the cutting edge of trying to improve his business and generate interest in his products. Offering discounts and developing new models at a pace that far exceeds what we're likely to see from Westone/UE.

I would feel nervous if I were one of those companies. Jerry could end up seriously undercutting their market if he has TWO different monitors that exceed anything another company has. Just price the JH11's at the price of the ES3X and the JH16 at the UE11 price.

I could see UM and JH taking a lot of market share over the next couple of years.

yes and if he does it too quickly, he will piss people off and it may backfire.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I mean, now they just sound like complete poo, what a waste, guess I better start pining for the one with the higher model number
rolleyes.gif

yeah I just spat at mine, threw them on the ground. honestly these last couple of pages are ridiculous. a few words from the guy and y'all have it all worked out

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excellent point. And I just saw a pair of JH13pro's go for $250 on the FS forum, so it's possible to recover some of the cost, too! Put that towards the JH16 and we're in business...

Don't get me wrong, I'd still pay $6-700 for a pair of new JH13pro's from Jerry, but any more than that and you might as well just go for the JH16's, which offer 40% better performance with the new drivers he's using for them.

sarcasm? I hope so, 40% at this end is just a silly number. there is not even 40% leeway IMO, if there was, even if these new IEMs were 100% which they obviously arent, this would mean the JH13 are only performing at a maximum of 60% which for anyone who has heard them is a crazy number

Nov 4, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #5,695 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone knows if the default transparent black in the order form is like edwood's black,

Edwood_JH13_01.jpg

or is it like this?

imgp7439.jpg

I got the transparent black on mine, but they're away for refit so from memory I'm going to say it's more like the second picture.

Nov 4, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #5,696 of 10,747
I assume he's being sarcastic. At most, there's probably a 2-5% increase in performance unless the drivers were improved upon significantly, which, at this point (the JH13 are still a fairly new design), is unlikely.

If the price of the JH13 dropped significantly, that would suck for us new buyers...but it happens.

Nov 4, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #5,697 of 10,747
considering nearly all the drivers come from the same company, and unless more always equals better (no matter the implementation or the manufacturer's intent), I wouldn't even bother losing sleep. the jh13pro is the best, most neutral iem i have heard and will likely remain that way for a long time. adding driver, subtracting drivers, paying marketers, or headfiers for different opinions will not change that.

the jh13pro is king.

Nov 4, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #5,698 of 10,747
so,i assume that anyone who bought the jh13pro would have no reason to buy any other iem or headphone because he reached the peak of the mountain?that sucks man,where the fun in that,i mean you always buy new iems and CANS and discover new sound signatures and sell and buy what you dont like or like and all that stop in a second!thats why i will never get the jh13pro
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #5,699 of 10,747
Adding more drivers will increase efficiency (perhaps not a good thing with IEMs always) and lower distortion, but could alter the Impedance in a bad way. With IEMs, its possible you'll see nothing but benefits by adding more drivers...with fullsize speakers, that's not the case, always.

Nov 4, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #5,700 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so,i assume that anyone who bought the jh13pro would have no reason to buy any other iem or headphone because he reached the peak of the mountain?

Yup! Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that sucks man,where the fun in that,i mean you always buy new iems and CANS and discover new sound signatures and sell and buy what you dont like or like and all that stop in a second!thats why i will never get the jh13pro
biggrin.gif

No, THAT sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back