JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Nov 3, 2009 at 2:09 PM Post #5,641 of 10,747
LOLOL, typical... mention of something better than the best option out there and all of a sudden people get antsy. Love it. Just remember, a new model coming out doesn't make your current top of the line suck
smily_headphones1.gif

From Jerry's e-mail, it sounds like the JH16 is more of a "you have to ask for it" custom job "for very loud bands"

Nov 3, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #5,642 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwin022 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOLOL, typical... mention of something better than the best option out there and all of a sudden people get antsy. Love it. Just remember, a new model coming out doesn't make your current top of the line suck
smily_headphones1.gif

From Jerry's e-mail, it sounds like the JH16 is more of a "you have to ask for it" custom job "for very loud bands"

Buyers' remorse anyone?
biggrin.gif

Precisely. It should be catered for loud, live performers and not really for most discerning audiophiles.

Nov 3, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #5,644 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by relishmalice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buyers' remorse anyone?
biggrin.gif

Precisely. It should be catered for loud, live performers and not really for most discerning audiophiles.

None here
smily_headphones1.gif
(though I wouldn't complain if my JH13 order got quietly upgraded :p I kid... I kid)

Nov 3, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #5,646 of 10,747
Headroom basically means higher capacity. It can take much louder volumes and much more saturated sounds to the limit.

Issue is that it's meant for loud bands. If you're going to be blasting your ears then go ahead with JH16 I believe. Might actually be better, but from his own words I really don't think so. But if it's for aural protection purposes then why would you want such a huge headroom for even more blasting?

Questions questions questions

Nov 3, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #5,647 of 10,747
I wouldn't plan on upgrading from the JH13 until a design with much higher quality drivers comes out. You want to avoid compression and distortion as best you can, but seeing as how the JH13 is only slightly better than the JH10 and the like...I would think diminishing returns comes into play quickly by going to 3 drivers per section vs. the 2.

It figures that news of a JH16 comes out as soon as my JH13 hit the lab
biggrin.gif

I'll put away a few dollars now and then and be prepared for a new upgrade down the line...too bad custom IEMs can't be handed down.

Nov 3, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #5,648 of 10,747
LOL, JH16s, that's hilarious
smily_headphones1.gif

Honestly, I really like the 13s (assuming my fit gets fixed). I think once I get my 13s back I'll just unplug from Head-fi so that I don't have to hear all of the future "If you liked the 13s, the 16s will blow your mind!" posts
smily_headphones1.gif

For those of you on the fence, assuming the 16s aren't already available via custom order only, it'll probably be at least 3 months for them to be available. I'm just guessing based on the fact that they're not on the website yet and once it arrives on the website JHA will probably just begin taking future orders.

Then you'll have to wait a month for yours to ship, you'll find that the right IEM just doesn't fit quite right, a week to ship them back, and two weeks to get them back
smily_headphones1.gif

Just my own 2 cents
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #5,649 of 10,747
I still want a JH13 even if a JH16 becomes available on the website. I've heard the universals and they are amazing. Not sure why I would need something better. (I even shave with dual blade razors.
wink.gif
)

What would be cool though, is if the JH16 pushes down the price of the JH13. Even $999 would be cool. Though I suspect they'll have a Canjam 2010 special at that price, and that's about the timeframe I'm looking at anyway.

Nov 3, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #5,651 of 10,747
im gonna wait it out for the jh20! its got 10 BA Drivers in each!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back