JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Oct 18, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #5,071 of 10,747
An honest question for JH13 owners. If you're a hobbyist/enthusiast who really has no "need" for top end IEMs, what justifies the cost of the JH13 for you?

Not meaning to bash JH13 owners as it might come out that way. Just...curious.
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 18, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #5,072 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by wsilvio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you finally get a pair that fit right?

I have had custom sleeves make for er-4's and e500's. I have a pair of custom musician earplugs, and a pair of sensaphonic 2x-s'. I have never had a problem with fit. I'm not sure why this is so different.

Sadly, no. I returned it. Sent it back about 5 times.

Oct 18, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #5,073 of 10,747
I think most fit issues are due to long stems. Mine were extrememly comfortable after the refit but realized that stems were cut too short. JHA's currently remaking mine.
What justifies the cost of JH13? You pay top dollar for the best sounding IEM in the market. I think there are a lot of people who are willing to whip out the cash for that extra improvement in SQ.

Oct 18, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #5,074 of 10,747
why does JH audio make the stems too long??

Oct 18, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #5,075 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sadly, no. I returned it. Sent it back about 5 times.

Dang, man! Five times? What's the problem, exactly? Have you re-sent impressions each time? Did you send an old custom IEM as an impression? Are they too tight? Too loose? No seal?

Oct 18, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #5,076 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by migsev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An honest question for JH13 owners. If you're a hobbyist/enthusiast who really has no "need" for top end IEMs, what justifies the cost of the JH13 for you?

It's small, comfortable and doesn't need exotic gears (source,amp,cable) to sound great.

Oct 18, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #5,078 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think most fit issues are due to long stems. Mine were extrememly comfortable after the refit but realized that stems were cut too short. JHA's currently remaking mine.
What justifies the cost of JH13? You pay top dollar for the best sounding IEM in the market. I think there are a lot of people who are willing to whip out the cash for that extra improvement in SQ.

Just how much did u request the stems to be cut by?

Also, what is the usual/recommended length that people request for it to be cut?

Oct 19, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #5,079 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why does JH audio make the stems too long??

They don't. They scanned my UE11Pro and still made my JH13pro a couple of mm less deep than the UE.

Oct 19, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #5,080 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by relishmalice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just how much did u request the stems to be cut by?

Also, what is the usual/recommended length that people request for it to be cut?

When I sent in my JH13 I told them I only have a slight fit issue only on my right side and suggested a minor trim but when I got the phones I've noticed both sides were trimmed substantially. Mine were less than 1cm in length. I could pop in and out of my ears like universial IEMs but lack of focus in sound.
As for me the minimal length of stems should be no less than 1.2 cm.

Oct 19, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #5,081 of 10,747
Ok Sydney peoples...

I went to EiH today and saw Gerry to have the impression done.
When I showed him the tip sheet he said "that looks familiar!".
He remembers the other two guys that went to him for the jh13's.

The customer service is outta this world and Gerry is a great guy!
The impressions are $90aud.
He said that if they have any problems then they will redo them again for free which is nice.

I reckon that place is the go for Sydney people.

Oct 19, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #5,082 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by migsev /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not meaning to bash JH13 owners as it might come out that way. Just...curious.
tongue_smile.gif

Eh...once you hear the demo JH13, you NEED to own a pair. At least I did. Simple as that.

Oct 19, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #5,083 of 10,747
Finally, they charged my credit card (I used the old school paper form, since there was no online store when I first contacted them).

It can't be long now
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #5,084 of 10,747
Finally, they charged my credit card (I used the old school paper form, since there was no online store when I first contacted them).

It can't be long now
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #5,085 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eh...once you hear the demo JH13, you NEED to own a pair. At least I did. Simple as that.

That's what happened to me. I wasn't even using my iems much at all before. These changed my listening habits so that I'm listening to more music at more times in more places. I still think they're one of the best deals in audio around as they rival rigs costing significantly more. Figure it this way: let's say you use them everyday for for three years. That's less than a dollar a day and totally worth it, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back