JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Oct 17, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #5,058 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if I can live with sending them back and waiting for the artwork to get done... decisions decisions...

Don't do it! Having experienced the JH13 and having to part with them is far more excruciating than having to anticipate them. I'm feeling the pain.
frown.gif

Oct 17, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #5,060 of 10,747
It could be worse! You could have had your JH-13's for 2 months and have less than an hours listening time on them due to fit issues!

Oct 17, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #5,061 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if I can live with sending them back and waiting for the artwork to get done... decisions decisions...

I find the Nicorette version works best.
First cut back to 3 hours/day for a week, then go to 2 hours/day, and then 1 hour, eventually weaning yourself off to 15 minute intervals.

Cold sweats and hot flashes are not worth it for artwork. It has to be done, mind you, but don't go "Cold Turkey". Take a slow, measured responsible approach, and the rewards will out weigh the hardships.
Someday you will look back on all of this as some sort of bad dream, that is long in the past.

Love hurts, my friend.

Oct 18, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #5,062 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by wsilvio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It could be worse! You could have had your JH-13's for 2 months and have less than an hours listening time on them due to fit issues!

I feel your pain. Thats what happened with my UE-11s

Oct 18, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #5,063 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find the Nicorette version works best.
First cut back to 3 hours/day for a week, then go to 2 hours/day, and then 1 hour, eventually weaning yourself off to 15 minute intervals.

Cold sweats and hot flashes are not worth it for artwork. It has to be done, mind you, but don't go "Cold Turkey". Take a slow, measured responsible approach, and the rewards will out weigh the hardships.
Someday you will look back on all of this as some sort of bad dream, that is long in the past.

Love hurts, my friend.

Haha... good advice
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #5,064 of 10,747
Quote:

So where's your 13's now?

Oct 18, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #5,065 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel your pain. Thats what happened with my UE-11s

Did you finally get a pair that fit right?

I have had custom sleeves make for er-4's and e500's. I have a pair of custom musician earplugs, and a pair of sensaphonic 2x-s'. I have never had a problem with fit. I'm not sure why this is so different.

Oct 18, 2009 at 3:30 PM Post #5,066 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So where's your 13's now?

About to be shipped back for a third time. I wanted to send them last week, but have had too much going on to get to it.

Oct 18, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #5,067 of 10,747
Quote:

About to be shipped back for a third time. I wanted to send them last week, but have had too much going on to get to it.

Gee this is tough. A nightmare to all of us waiting on the sidelines for our boat to come in before purchasing.

All this with the first impressions or did you get new imprssions made each time? Do you feel you can describe the actual parts of the IEM that causes the pain? or is that part of the problem?

Might it not be advisable to temporarily sacrifice the use of your best fitting custom phones to send along to JH so they can see what the differences are? I think HPA did that for his refit.

Good luck with the next go round, George

Oct 18, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #5,068 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsawdy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gee this is tough. A nightmare to all of us waiting on the sidelines for our boat to come in before purchasing.

All this with the first impressions or did you get new imprssions made each time? Do you feel you can describe the actual parts of the IEM that causes the pain? or is that part of the problem?

Might it not be advisable to temporarily sacrifice the use of your best fitting custom phones to send along to JH so they can see what the differences are? I think HPA did that for his refit.

Good luck with the next go round, George

I have sent two sets of impression. I am thinking of sending in my 2x-s' but I hate the thought of not having them for two weeks. Maybe I should send in the custom sleeves from my e500's. Decisions decisions!

Oct 18, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #5,069 of 10,747
What portable amp are people liking the best with the JH13's? Mine are in for a refit now (lost in the mail for a week but that is another nightmare!) and I thought I would look for a portable amp. Thanks for any help!

Oct 18, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #5,070 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by bneiderman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What portable amp are people liking the best with the JH13's? Mine are in for a refit now (lost in the mail for a week but that is another nightmare!) and I thought I would look for a portable amp. Thanks for any help!

I am using an RSA p-51 at the moment. Although due to my fit issues, I can't say too much about the sound just yet. My initial impression is that there is good synergy with the P-51 and JH-13's but I will need more listening time to be more specific.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back