Is the Jade really a balanced Amp?
Nov 27, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #46 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koyaan I. Sqatsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as any headphone is concerned, it is just one polarity.

The voltage may be higher than single ended, but it's still just one polarity.

se

Yes ! It is only one polarity as headphone is concerned even Real balance output , So Jade Psudo balance is no diffirence to Real balance in Headphone application.

Nov 27, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #47 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hz_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is base on your theory !

No theories. Just facts. Facts that anyone with a moderate understanding of electronics should be aware of.

se

Nov 27, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #48 of 55
Quote:

Yes ! It is only one polarity as headphone is concerned even Real balance output, So Jade Psudo balance is no diffirence to Real balance in Headphone application.

And as far as the headphone is concerned, it's no different than a single ended amplifier.

se

Nov 27, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #49 of 55
Quote:

And as far as the headphone is concerned, it's no different than a single ended amplifier.

se

Yes ! I agree but Jade Psudo balance output working condition change , sound signature change. It become differnce from SE mode only. Ofcourse it delivery more power on Psudo balance mode.

Nov 27, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #50 of 55
So a true balance would have different polarities to each driver?

Nov 27, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #51 of 55
Quote:

Yes ! I agree but Jade Psudo balance output working condition change , sound signature change. It become differnce from SE mode only.

That's not surprising given the higher output impedance.

se

Nov 27, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #52 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So a true balance would have different polarities to each driver?

What do you mean by different polarities to each driver?

se

Nov 27, 2009 at 7:56 AM Post #53 of 55
Quote:

What do you mean by different polarities to each driver?

se

Forgive my ignorance. Merely trying to follow your debate with limited knowledge. It seemed like you were saying a bridged amplifier only sends one polarity to the headphones.

Nov 27, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #54 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Forgive my ignorance. Merely trying to follow your debate with limited knowledge.

Nothing to forgive. I just wanted to make sure I understood just what it was you were asking so I could give an appropriate answer.

Quote:

It seemed like you were saying a bridged amplifier only sends one polarity to the headphones.

Yes, that's what I am saying.

A headphone driver has just two terminals. There can be only one polarity.

Similarly, a bridged amplifier drives the headphone from just two terminals. There can be only one polarity.

Sure, if you use the amplifier's ground as a reference and you look separately at each output terminal, yeah, you'll see a signal of one polarity at one terminal and a signal of the opposite polarity at the other terminal. But that's meaningless. The amplifier's ground isn't included in the output. The output is only across the two terminals the drive the headphone driver. And with only two terminals, there can be only one polarity.

For that matter, you could take two resistors of the same value, tie them together in series, and wire them across the output of a single ended amplifier and if you use the point between the resistors as a reference and look separately at each output terminal, you'll see a signal of one polarity at one terminal and a signal of the opposite polarity at the other terminal.

But just as with the bridged amp, it's meaningless. As far as signal voltage and polarity goes, a headphone doesn't know whether it's being driven by a single ended amplifier or a bridged amplifier.

se

Dec 25, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #55 of 55
So, how we use the 'pseudo-balanced or whatever balanced' Jade?
darthsmile.gif

Honestly, i can't find 2 male jack 6.3mm to one female jack 6.3mm adapter
jecklinsmile.gif

Soon i will get Beyerdynamic DT880/600. If someone can tell me how to use it (pseudo-balanced), maybe i will hook my cans to this amp...
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back