Quote:

Originally Posted by gbacic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
should have put up your signature :lol:

Good a time as any I suspect.
atsmile.gif

se

nodualxlr.gif

Nov 25, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #17 of 55
May be I call Jade balance mode with a new name Psudo Balanced !

Psudo balance mode can not improve CMRR - No ! It can improve it if it is importance for sensitive input. Balance transmittion catch noise in reverse phase of +- cable of which seen by input. When balance input device seen reverse phase signal can cancelated noise. It can not improve amplifier CMRR no matter Real balance or Psudo balance.
Psudo balance mode on Jade is only good for high impedance Cans. When output impedance too high & load by a low impedance. It will output lower voltage. It is good enough for 300 Ohm & 600 Ohm due to 6AS7 is a low plate resistance tube.

Nov 25, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #18 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hz_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May be I call Jade balance mode with a new name Psudo Balanced !

Psudo balance mode can not improve CMRR - No ! It can improve it if it is importance for sensitive input. Balance transmittion catch noise in reverse phase of +- cable of which seen by input. When balance input device seen reverse phase signal can cancelated noise.

I'm afraid that is incorrect.

CMRR has nothing to do with the signal. It doesn't matter whether the signal is sent asymmetrically over one line, or symmetrically over both lines. There need be no further proof of this than the fact that a balanced interface will reject common mode noise even when there is no signal present.

CMRR is all about a balance of impedances, specifically the output and input impedances. If there is any imbalance in these impedances, CMRR will be degraded. Again, this has absolutely nothing to do with the signal.

se

Nov 25, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #19 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koyaan I. Sqatsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm afraid that is incorrect.

CMRR has nothing to do with the signal. It doesn't matter whether the signal is sent asymmetrically over one line, or symmetrically over both lines. There need be no further proof of this than the fact that a balanced interface will reject common mode noise even when there is no signal present.

CMRR is all about a balance of impedances, specifically the output and input impedances. If there is any imbalance in these impedances, CMRR will be degraded. Again, this has absolutely nothing to do with the signal.

se

Balance input can reject noise catch by cable, it can reduce noise due to phase reverse on + & - cable. CMRR is a factor on topology but not importance on output impedance balance or not. Most importance factor is Phase.

Nov 25, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #20 of 55
Quote:

Balance input can reject noise catch by cable, it can reduce noise due to phase reverse on + & - cable. CMRR is a factor on topology but not importance on output impedance balance or not. Most importance factor is Phase.

I'm sorry, but you simply have no idea what you're talking about and obviously know nothing about balanced interfaces vis a vis CMRR.

Here are a couple of good articles by Bill Whitlock of Jensen Transformers that will help bring you up to speed.

CMRR in Balanced Interfaces - Part 1

CMRR in Balanced Interfaces - Part 2

se

Nov 25, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #21 of 55
Thank ! It seem to be real balance or not real balance output is not importance on Headphone due to Headphone is not differential input device ! Jade connect in Psudo balance output mode benifite on double output voltage and sound signature change. Good/bad ? hearing is beliving.

Nov 25, 2009 at 8:23 AM Post #22 of 55
Quote:

hearing is subjective.

^ Fixed.. and thus not something you can prove anything by.

Nov 25, 2009 at 10:12 AM Post #23 of 55
Quote:

Good a time as any I suspect.
atsmile.gif

se

nodualxlr.gif

Can we make a group "Team Anti-Idiocy" and all put this in our signatures?

Nov 25, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #24 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Menisk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can we make a group "Team Anti-Idiocy" and all put this in our signatures?

atsmile.gif

One problem with that.

Signatures don't accept graphic images.

se

Nov 25, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #25 of 55
Quote:

Thank ! It seem to be real balance or not real balance output is not importance on Headphone due to Headphone is not differential input device !

A headphone IS an differential input device by its very nature.

Quote:

Jade connect in Psudo balance output mode benifite on double output voltage and sound signature change.

There is no "double output voltage." There is only the one differential voltage between the two output terminals. Unless by "double output voltage" you're referring to the doubling of output voltage that people refer to in a bridged amplifier circuit. But even that's rather misleading as people don't suddenly start listening to their headphones 6dB louder just because they're using a bridge amp.

se

Nov 25, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #26 of 55
Quote:

A headphone IS an differential input device by its very nature.

There is no "double output voltage." There is only the one differential voltage between the two output terminals. Unless by "double output voltage" you're referring to the doubling of output voltage that people refer to in a bridged amplifier circuit. But even that's rather misleading as people don't suddenly start listening to their headphones 6dB louder just because they're using a bridge amp.

se

You never measure but only imaginated !

Nov 25, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #27 of 55
Quote:

You never measure but only imaginated !

What would you like me to measure?

se

Nov 25, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #28 of 55
It's an interesting discussion for us Jade owners because there is an obvious difference between "pseudo-balanced" and single-ended cables. Swapping cables brings more changes to the sound than swapping tubes (at least for most of the tubes). As others have stated the bass is at the same time more impactful and more controlled, the mids are fuller and the treble gains in intensity, making it a faster and more dynamic headphone overall while retaining a fuller feel to the sound.

Nov 26, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #29 of 55
Quote:

What would you like me to measure?

se

So ! I only say you know nothing but imagination on this Topology ! Psudo balance even not balance in output impedance but sure improve sound quality ,more power ................

Nov 26, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #30 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you decide to go with the MKVI+ make sure (if you are buying used) to get the MKVI+ with the + not the MKVI like I have as the + has an unbalanced (single ended) 1/4 jack for more flexibility. The MKVI originally didn't include this and I'm seriously considering selling mine and ordering the updated version, even though I'd lose quite a bit.

I have adapters that will give you SE output from the 2 x XLR in the back and another adapter from 4-pin XLR on the front to SE. I only use the adapters to briefly test cans in SE mode. otherwise, I always run in balanced mode for both input and output. The thought of "upgrading" to the VI+ my mind, but the adapters do the same thing.

I can have SE to XLR adapters for the inputs in the same manner if I was to test sources in full SE mode. But that would be a waster of 1/2 the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back