iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality
Aug 22, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #1,651 of 1,973
I've lost interest in iTunes as syncing tool a long long while ago. Use 3rd party software such as iMazing. Syncs my music to my 6 plus and makes backups too. Any app with the documents folder is accessible through it and dag and drop always works. When iOS updates and breaks the access the developer is quick to update and restore access.

I hear you, but in this case, it didn't matter. I tried Media Monkey and no go. As long as my phone had Apple Music running, no transfers/syncs. If I tried "send to" with a track to the iPhone, which Media Monkey sees fine, and it would not transfer. But maybe iMazing works, though I don't know. Sounds like you need a Mac, but I will check it out.

Aug 23, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #1,652 of 1,973
  I hear you, but in this case, it didn't matter. I tried Media Monkey and no go. As long as my phone had Apple Music running, no transfers/syncs. If I tried "send to" with a track to the iPhone, which Media Monkey sees fine, and it would not transfer. But maybe iMazing works, though I don't know. Sounds like you need a Mac, but I will check it out.

iMazing works for both Mac and PC   
L3000.gif

Aug 24, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #1,653 of 1,973
Correct, the 30pin is an analog output and therefor needs the DAC to convert digital to analog.

The Lightning CCK is just a converter to output a digital signal via USB and therefor doesn't need a DAC.

As for the sample rate limitations when using an external DAC it is possible to set higher sample rates in Kaisertone and similar apps provided that the external DAC supports them.

Thanks. This is very clear to me now. Was confused because the CCK had a 30 pin and a lightning version. Always thought they were one and the same. 

The old 30 pin output on older i-devices only support USB charging, USB data , analog audio and video output.
That's the reason why the CCK has an ADC is to convert the analog ouput from an older 30-pin equipped i-device into a digital ouput that can be sent to an external DAC. 

The new lightning connector on the other hand ouputs digital signals (both audio and video) instead of analog, hence no need for the newer lighning CCK to include an ADC.
More reading material below...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_(connector)

http://irq5.io/2012/06/25/the-apple-30-pin-dock-connector/

http://blog.jdslabs.com/?p=838

edit: (added a comment that iOS7 or later is needed to fully support streaming digital audio, also changed DAC to ADC for the technical perfectionists)

I went ahead and started the free trial for Apple Music...
It's confirmed that "made available offline" tracks cannot be played outside apple music app.

In Kaisertone also these tracks appear with a DRM between brackets before it and are not playable.

Thats what I experienced. Thanks for testing. I was hoping that I did not need to switch between apps as I do prefer canopener due to the crossfeed feature but like to listen to some new music when I can. 

If using Apple Music to download offline....you won't be able to play it on any app or even convert to another files as it is being protected. Has been trying since the very first day i subscribe Apple Music. And till now none of the app i use able to play.

Unless is the songs you bought will then be able to play on app.

Sep 10, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #1,655 of 1,973
  hey guys just picked up an iphone 6, and was wondering if anybody is using a EQ app and which one.

http://www.head-fi.org/newsearch?advanced=1&byuser=&containingthread%5B0%5D=733890&newer=1&output=posts&resultSortingPreference=recency&sdate=0&search=eq+app&type=all

Sep 10, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #1,657 of 1,973
  thanks for the help bud.  I was just being lazy.

np
The search function is a great and often underused tool that's great for searching for questions that've already been answered.

Sep 11, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #1,659 of 1,973
I've got a question for you guys using these alternative apps with EQ functions - How do you find the battery consumption when using them?

I ask simply because a couple of years ago I tried one of the Denon apps with EQ and found that after an hour and a half of listening it dropped my battery by 50%. In comparison the standard Apple music app barely touched the battery over a similar amount of listening time.

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #1,661 of 1,973

I use the Onkyo app, and think it sounds great (and I use it with the Onkyo headphones to boot, so that makes it sound even better). But I haven't tried Kaisertone. Will have to try it. I have compared the Onkyo app to Can Opener and Vox, and still like Onkyo a bit better, although Vox comes awfully close.

Sep 11, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #1,662 of 1,973

I use the Onkyo app, and think it sounds great (and I use it with the Onkyo headphones to boot, so that makes it sound even better). But I haven't tried Kaisertone. Will have to try it. I have compared the Onkyo app to Can Opener and Vox, and still like Onkyo a bit better, although Vox comes awfully close.

For me the kaisertone app sounds much better than the Onkyo app 

Sep 12, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #1,665 of 1,973
I think with the new A9 chip, they'll also implement a newer, better CS dac. Perhaps a more powerful amp too? I hope...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back