iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality
Sep 9, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #2 of 1,973
Hopefully the 128 comes out as a touch model, it would compensate for the classic.

Sep 10, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #4 of 1,973
no microSD slot...makes it useless in my eyes.

Sep 10, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #5 of 1,973
Shame it's so big... If I need a new phone during this generation of iPhones, the extra space vs. the physical size will make it a difficult decision between the 6 and the 5s. Space is always a struggle on my 64GB 5. If I don't need a phone until the 7 comes out... well I may end up leaving the iPhone altogether... Really not excited about this bigger-is-better trend. Of course, I haven't actually handled one yet... but the 5 is already stretching it.

Sep 14, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #7 of 1,973
I preordered a 4.7 w/ 64GB. Not an Apple person -- not at all -- but my Wolfson GS3 has been giving me fits. And in one way or another, all the Android makers have been tripping over their shoestrings the last couple of years.

Sep 15, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #8 of 1,973
I don't like Apple products much but I applaud them for putting discrete audio dac chips in their phones as opposed to onboard chips in Android phones. I really dislike Android now due to its instability and will probably buy a Windows Phone but if the dac chip in 6/6+ is good, I might buy an iPhone instead.

Sep 16, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #9 of 1,973
  I don't like Apple products much but I applaud them for putting discrete audio dac chips in their phones as opposed to onboard chips in Android phones. I really dislike Android now due to its instability and will probably buy a Windows Phone but if the dac chip in 6/6+ is good, I might buy an iPhone instead.

The dac in 5S is all ready best so far, so if the dac in 6 is same or better you can't go wrong.
Also 5S sounds amazing with Fidelio L2 
wink.gif

Sep 16, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #10 of 1,973
Another way to utilize the Iphone is with the ifi idsd products...   then you get to bypass the iphone dac all together and get a much better dac/amp...   to me thats why the 128gb option on the new phones is important as it will be able to hold more FLAC files 
smile_phones.gif

Sep 16, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #11 of 1,973
  The dac in 5S is all ready best so far, so if the dac in 6 is same or better you can't go wrong.
Also 5S sounds amazing with Fidelio L2 
wink.gif

Good to know... I'm considering buying 6+...

Another way to utilize the Iphone is with the ifi idsd products...   then you get to bypass the iphone dac all together and get a much better dac/amp...   to me thats why the 128gb option on the new phones is important as it will be able to hold more FLAC files  
smile_phones.gif

I have a Chord Hugo but it's a hassle carrying it around, at least for me. When I go out, I want to carry as little as possible. So just headphones+mobile phone is enough. That said, such products are useful for people who listen to music for many hours at work or while commuting so it makes sense for them. Not for me though, so a mobile phone with a discrete high quality dac is important for me. 

Sep 16, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #12 of 1,973
I have no doubt that iPhone 6 will be as great or better sounding than the stunning iPhone 5s.

It's a shame that Apple has not currently any 100Gb+ iPod as the 128Gb iPhone price tag is quite hefty in Europe.

Sep 16, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #13 of 1,973
  I have no doubt that iPhone 6 will be as great or better sounding than the stunning iPhone 5s.

It's a shame that Apple has not currently any 100Gb+ iPod as the 128Gb iPhone price tag is quite hefty in Europe.

Indeed. I'm thinking of buying from the US of A. That said, I might just buy from the Apple Store here if I don't have the chance to visit America.

Sep 16, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #14 of 1,973
And coupled to the European price tag there is the nasty double volume cap that makes the headphone amplifier sort of weak compared to non EU iPhones.

Sep 17, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #15 of 1,973
And coupled to the European price tag there is the nasty double volume cap that makes the headphone amplifier sort of weak compared to non EU iPhones.

Damn, I forgot about that. I live in Turkey which is not in the EU though, I wonder if the Apple Store here sells the one with the volume limit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back